• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2013 (Oct 21 - Oct 27)

Really good hold for Vita. Things should improve in the upcoming weeks as well. It's in a good position now leading to the holidays. We'll know if the same can be true of WiiU soon.

The still forthcoming bundles are a major contributing factor to the particularly poor sales of the last few weeks.
Still, sales have been in a bad state all year, so it'll be interesting to see what the bundles can do for the baseline.

The still forthcoming bundles are a major contributing factor to the particularly poor sales of the last few weeks.

It had like 7k baseline before annoucement - even if we assume it would keep that baseline without any new releases that's like 12-15k people waiting for bundles

The bundles will save Wii U. The extremely low numbers of the past year are a sign of unprecedented demand boiling to be released once they are available.

boinx

iAI0P9pAO5yGv.gif

If some kind soul could shop the K letter out of the sales part then that would be great

[PSV] PlayStation Vita - Play! Game Pack <H-W> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥24.129)
[PSV] Gundam Breaker # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.980)
[PSV] Gundam Breaker [Starter Pack] <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥29.480)
I can see Vita increasing next week.

01./01. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 265.984 / 2.953.059 <80-100%> (-55%)
04./02. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 60.206 / 2.975.479 <80-100%> (-38%)
Pokemon will take the lead next week, and both will cross the 3 million mark at retail!

06./00. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.10.24} (¥2.980) - 36.002 / NEW
07./00. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.10.24} (¥3.980) - 24.331 / NEW
I thought those days were over.

Kysen

On hachima, the jp bloggers have come up with a new pun for the wiiU sales

2598 = &#22320;&#29508;&#12420; = hell
once again if read aloud forms the numbers.

Sonic doing about what one expects of it in Japan these days.

Nice hold for Vita.

Next week will be interesting for Wii U. We can see how much of these beyond terribad sales were due to consumer anticipation. Vita-2000 was surprising, and has set a relatively high bar all things considered.

Code:
|  WIU  |      [B]2.598[/B] |      2.999 |            |    470.222 |            |   1.097.509 |

The darkest week before the dawn of a new era. This will be the lowest point in it's life until the console is officially decommissioned and it reaches Wii weekly numbers in a few years time. Seriously anticipating 20 to 30 times the weekly number next week.

jonno394

Sonic doing about what one expects of it in Japan these days.

Nice hold for Vita.

Next week will be interesting for Wii U. We can see how much of these beyond terribad sales were due to consumer anticipation. Vita-2000 was surprising, and has set a relatively high bar all things considered.

What happens next week?

edit - ah bundles

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Vita HOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD.

Hope Nintendo paid Sega adequately for Lost World exclusivity. But then again, Sega loves making shitty deals.

And lo, WiiU hits its lowest. All eyes on bundles next week and just what if anything this system will survive on. Fast forward to next Wednesday please, shit is gonna be fascinating.

Cade

I find it baffling that we're at a point where the Vita is outselling Nintendo's console ten-to-one, and yet that's the only way you can spin it so it sounds decent.

I own and enjoy both systems (and a 3DS), but damn. 3DS got Japan on lock and nobody's gonna touch it. Really interested to see how the PS4 pans out there in the first few months.

nampad

Vita :)
Was Danganronpa supply constrained last week or why did it go up?

Those Wii U numbers are horrible. Curious what those bundles will do next week.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
3DS doing that work.

I'm really stunned to see WiiU even lower. That's bottom of the barrel. Was PS3 this bad at it's lowest of lows and for how long was it that down?

Did Sonic release for WiiU? Hopefully Sega brings it to other platforms because there's no way they're making money on just a WiiU SKU.

Alrus

Vita HOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD.

Hope Nintendo paid Sega adequately for Lost World exclusivity. But then again, Sega loves making shitty deals.

And lo, WiiU hits its lowest. All eyes on bundles next week and just what if anything this system will survive on. Fast forward to next Wednesday please, shit is gonna be fascinating.

Honestly, posting this in a Japanese sales thread is really really stupid.

chadboban

3ds doing great. Vita hasn't had a major drop which is pretty fantastic. Wii U doing horribly as expected. If the bundles don't do anything over this next month I don't expect anything to change until 3D World.

And if this wasn't confirmation enough, Japan really doesn't like Sonic, hell even the 3DS version sold horribly.

3DS doing that work.

I'm really stunned to see WiiU even lower. That's bottom of the barrel. Was PS3 this bad at it's lowest of lows and for how long was it that down?

Did Sonic release for WiiU? Hopefully Sega brings it to other platforms because there's no way they're making money on just a WiiU SKU.

1. Why wouldn't it go lower? The bundles are coming next week. This is what usually happens to hardware before a bundle or price drop.

2. Sonic never sells well in Japan. I think Nintendo and Sega knew that quite clearly when they agreed to the exclusivity agreement.

Frillen

3ds doing great. Vita hasn't had a major drop which is pretty fantastic. Wii U doing horribly as expected. If the bundles don't do anything over this next month I don't expect anything to change until 3D World.

And if this wasn't confirmation enough, Japan really doesn't like Sonic, hell even the 3DS version sold horribly.
Going from 60k to 25k is not a major drop?

I told people they are underestimating danganronpa ;)

11./10. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.10.10} (¥5.229) - 10.459 / 96.162 (+10%)

but more seriously what happened here that it increased ?
Looks like the third BD/DVD volume of the Dangan Ronpa anime series got released on the 23rd, might have inspired more people to pick up the game at the same time.

Top Bottom