• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

Only the first few.

1280x-1

lol where are TeamCG now? doesn't look close to photoreal like it was hyped

I think it's possible for the game to be cross-gen. Konami could be waiting until Microsoft announces its console to make the announcement.

MGS4 end-spoiler
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4A2aNXuHI0g#t=24s

....regarding the left hand of old big boss. Its covered all the time, but its very "lifelike". Also, there is ZERO scarring on his head.

By the time we get to MGS4 tech is so advanced we have OctoCamo and FaceCamo,
I think a prosthetic arm that looks real isn't out of the question.

I know in very few cases older people sometimes grow horns. But I'm very curious as to what the significance of this is.

The horn looking thing is the most confusing segment really. I can see all the other craziness being chalked up to hallucinations post-coma, but the horn makes no sense whatsoever. Unless it's a piece of metal/glass like some have been speculating, but idk.

Keslord

Banned
This will be a rewrite of Metal Gear prior to Solid. Kojima DID say Solid Snake was going to have a role in MGS5. Solid Snake is going to be the antagonist. Same reason Big Boss isn't Hayter.

Crunch2600

Neo Member
If they didn't even ask Hayter to do work for them, why did he tweet, asking people what they would think if he didn't do another MGS (something along those lines)?

B.K.

MGS4 end-spoiler
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4A2aNXuHI0g#t=24s

....regarding the left hand of old big boss. Its covered all the time, but its very "lifelike". Also, there is ZERO scarring on his head.

Didn't they say that
they patched him back together using parts from Liquid and Solidus? They probably gave him one of their arms.

trailer was great and hyped of course B^)
oh Kojima, dat MGS

but no david hayter is :/

but why did Metal Gear Solid V appear in the wii u list that someone found a few months back, its gonna come ;p

Dyno

OPEN WORLD CUTSCENES!

But in truth this hypes me a bit even thought I talked much shit against MSG4.

Maybe you play young and old Snake in this one. From what I've seen I get the vibe that Snake went to this place at one point in his career and then goes back much later when he is Old Snake. Maybe the two names are two different missions from different points in his life.

This will be a rewrite of Metal Gear prior to Solid. Kojima DID say Solid Snake was going to have a role in MGS5. Solid Snake is going to be the antagonist. Same reason Big Boss isn't Hayter.

Just like how Peace Walker explained why Liquid was evil, just like Kojima said!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are one and the same game.

ok, this makes sense now.

however, statements like these:

Ground Zeroes+Phantom Pain=MGS5.

Phantom pain and GZ are both MGS V. GZ is likely the start or anker mission of MGSV hence it being Ground Zero. That or it's a major event in the game

are a bit ambiguous and make me think in my head that it is 2 games that make up MGS5. like, a part 1 and a part 2.

anyway, sad about David Hayter, but it makes sense since if they have Solid Snake come back he cant be having the same voice as Big Boss. It will be cool to see Solid Snake and Liquid Snake go at it in the future, since that whole "history" of them being adversaries never really was shown too well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thinking on it, if the child cloning was done during this time (BB was in a coma when they created Solid/Liquid/Solidus), and BB was supposed to be a world-famous mercenary, maybe having someone look like him in a normal hospital, while the real BB was held up in the secret clone lab (cause I'm thinking that Human Cloning was a no no/taboo), could be what's going on.

Having the fake BB wake up, could present problems (if it's found out that the real BB has been missing that whole time).

Insanity Rambling 2. Wonder if I can come up with 20 more before the game releases.

RangerBAD

I think people are jumping to conclusions if they think the entire, or even a majority of the game will be in Big Boss' head. All this hospital stuff is to throw the fans off. The real game probably begins post-coma, post-new arm, post-Diamond Dogs, in the real world. sometime in the mid to late 80s.

I feel it would be too predictable if it was all in his head. I expect bat-shit insane stuff from Kojima.

Top Bottom