• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

Philippo

Guys.... That new Snake poster......

mgsv___diamond_joes_by_polarityplus-d801q4f.jpg

DIAMOND DOGS IS UNBREAKABLE

Pretty sure PW was originally going to be MGSV but Konami wanted the number dropped since the psp wouldn't be a big enough seller to justify a numerical sequel.

Yep. Don't get me wrong, this game is going to be awesome and I know I'm being very anal about this, but it does bother me a bit. I've always assumed that MGSV would somehow set up for further installments. I really hope that MGSV pulls an MGS3 and sets up for MGS6.

FLD

Damn, it's good to finally have a date but I was really hoping the June rumors would turn out to be true.

Now all we need is those system requirements and confirmation that the PC version is also coming on that day.

September is a bit later than I would have expected, but hyped nonetheless. What would be interesting now is see what else comes around that time, or else MGS V is going to make all the bank.

Mr_L

Back on 2008 my excitement for MGS4 was off the charts. Now I can't bring myself to be hyped for MGSV. Many of the things that I loved about MGS seem to be absent in V. The Sutherland fiasco is just one of many things.
I'll end up playing it but I just can't get excited.

What are the other things?

Ateron

That IS NOT June.
Entitlement 101, but still. Well at leadt there's a silverlining: it's not being rushed, and it leaves more time to properly sink my teeth on bloodbourne.

JKRMA

Banned
Dammit, was hoping for early summer as I'm getting married around Sept and also moving so I won't have time to play it day 1:(

Yep. Don't get me wrong, this game is going to be awesome and I know I'm being very anal about this, but it does bother me a bit. I've always assumed that MGSV would somehow set up for further installments. I really hope that MGSV pulls an MGS3 and sets up for MGS6.

No I want this story thread to end and for them to do an FF and branch off into a new universe/new characters/new story.

Ateron

Dammit, was hoping for early summer as I'm getting married around Sept and also moving so I won't have time to play it day 1:(

My friend, we both know what's the sensible decision here...

postpone the wedding

Congrats btw! :)

Embearded

I wanted it to release earlier but I also want to have a clear mind for the semester finals. So September it is! 6 months away only.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Guise wait, what if the Seiko watch on the MGS V homepage is actually there to change the release to an earlier date!?

hlysht.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I get that, and it's going to be cool. I just think that it should have been called MGS: The Phantom Pain, like Peace Walker, without giving it an actual number. MGS3 was actually integral to the Patriots plot, so it sort of doubled as giving us more information about that as well as showing us what happened with Big Boss. I thought it ended perfectly and I had no further questions about Big Boss. Peace Walker and Phantom Pain are extensions of this, but at least Peace Walker wasn't actually given a number and I think Phantom Pain shouldn't have been given a number either.

Story wise it made sense for MGS3 to be a numbered installment as it directly set up for MGS4. MGS4 still came after MGS3, chronologically. But now we have MGS5, but it's another Big Boss prequel that will probably just lead into MGS1, so I don't get why he numbered it as part 5. There's obviously a lot we don't know about the story yet so maybe it ends up making sense.

ya the thing i notice from kojima is he doesnt follow chronological order or a theme, he just thinks of a story and does whatever the fuck he wants lol

Jingo

49bd7440ec7c07183a676bf3f0182ee20621c20e5c3442d4bb451c76fe3529e9.jpg

People are complaining? We finally have a release date, we can stop about stupid teories, focus on other games for a while and play this game when the time comes with a beautiful tan in our bodies :D

Ateron

Oh you think you're funny? I hope the game gets delayed to 2016.

I'm sad enough as it is :(

I was just making a joke, I still can't understand how the fuck mgs v doesn't run at 1080p on the x1. Maybe there's time for them to work on the engine's quirks till September. I have nothing to gain if other versions run at lower resolution. Here's hoping every version runs the best each platform allows :)

Top Bottom