• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

Sept 1st falls on a...Tuesday...

Damn being gainfully employed!!
LLShC.gif

truth411

Wow, just realized it will be 7 1/2 years since MGS4 when MGS5 comes out. How much money has been spent developing this game?

Lingitiz

Wow, just realized it will be 7 1/2 years since MGS4 when MGS5 comes out. How much money has been spent developing this game?

Alot, but much of the time inbetween was spent on Peace Walker, the first version of Rising, and building the Fox Engine.

Loakum

Banned
wow..if this turns out to be true, then what a massive blunder for IGN. Sheesh. I'm excited, since it's my birthday month. ^_^

Man. That sucks. I wanted to be surprised when I woke up tomorrow. Now someone is likely going to get fired, and the surprise is spoiled.

We literally had to wait only 24 hours. Impatient fucks.

tensuke

Destiny also came out last September featuring a famous voice actor that people hated, promising a grand open world, an engaging story, and lots to do, all while made by a celebrated game studio that made many beloved classics.

but MGSV OMGOMGOMGOMG

Yeah, release the game when I'll be starting work on my bachelor's degree...fuck, you release games in the summer when I have time to play them! Not at the beginning of the semester!

Finally a date! Sooner would have been better for my lack of patience, but I was going to be there day one, whatever day.

September is only worse than June because it's farther away, I will still be playing on evenings and weekends because of work.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, release the game when I'll be starting work on my bachelor's degree...fuck, you release games in the summer when I have time to play them! Not at the beginning of the semester!

There's always a next semester ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Risev1

I suppose it makes sense Konami and IGN are not talking about the leak yet if there's new stuff coming tomorrow as well.

J@hranimo

Banned
Kinda late, but....Sept 1st? Ok, 16 days before my birthday not bad :p

I hope the PC version comes out the same day, I'm really wanting to build a rig based on the required specs for this game.

Even though I wanted it May or June, cause we've been waiting so long...
0e3.png

At least now I can play the chit out of Arkham Knight, go on vacation, come back and enjoy it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Confirmation of simultaneous release on all platforms? Or will PC folks have to wait an ungoldy amount of additional time?

Elios83

I hoped for a June release like MGS4, but I understand the reasons, in september both PS4 and XB1 will have a round of price cuts so sales will be potentially much better compared to June especially here in Europe where MGS is really strong and summer is a particularly slow period.

Top Bottom