• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

yuoke

Banned
ComfortableAccurateBee-size_restricted.gif

Been said before, but it's possibly ridley.

Neiteio

It'd be fun to add Ridley to this game

But it'd be even better to finally add RADLEY — Ridley's too-cool-for-school step-nephew, with the skateboard, backwards cap and pink-rimmed sunglasses

Someone create a mockup, pls

That seems like a fair guess, given how Ridley basically follows Samus to Ceres Station at the start of Super Metroid. It'd be interesting to see, if it is Ridley, if they shove a boss battle in there or keep him in the background throughout the game until the ending.

Toxi

Banned
That seems like a fair guess, given how Ridley basically follows Samus to Ceres Station at the start of Super Metroid. It'd be interesting to see, if it is Ridley, if they shove a boss battle in there or keep him in the background throughout the game until the ending.
Ridley being SR388 would have one issue though: Why didn't he just grab one of the Metroids there?

Berordn

Ridley being SR388 would have one issue though: Why didn't he just grab one of the Metroids there?

Not one they couldn't address at least. If his role in the game involves him and the Space Pirates capturing more Metroids Samus has a reason to go ham on them and Ridley has a reason to go attack the Space Colony to get a replacement.

Toxi

Banned
Not one they couldn't address at least. If his role in the game involves Samus thwarting the Space Pirates capturing more Metroids she has a reason to go ham on them and Ridley has a reason to go attack the Space Colony to get a replacement.
Ooh, that would be a great expansion of the story.

No, we don't need Ridley in this. Please.

Ridley isn't Bowser, he doesn't need to be in every single game for the sake of it. Especially in a remake of a game he wasn't in anywhere to begin with.

Ridley isn't Bowser, he doesn't need to be in every single game for the sake of it. Especially in a remake of a game he wasn't in anywhere to begin with.

Normally I'd agree with you, but it's not like we get Metroid games with any regularity, so I miss me some Ridley.

Toxi

Banned

Ridley will be in everything.
Except for Smash.

Instro

Of prefer they don't add Ridley, doesn't make sense for this story. If they want additional bosses, just make some new ones.

Berordn

Of prefer they don't add Ridley, doesn't make sense for this story. If they want additional bosses, just make some new ones.

The Space Pirates have a strong interest in the Metroids, so it actually would make sense for him to pop-up on their homeworld after Samus broke all their old toys on Zebes.

Not saying that they should use him or that there's any real indication that he's there, but it's not complete nonsense.

-shadow-

I have agree here. I actually never missed his presences in Prime 2. Hell, I was actually surprised when he reappeared in Corruption since his reconstruction had already been destroyed on Tallon IV...

Astral Dog

The Space Pirates have a strong interest in the Metroids, so it actually would make sense for him to pop-up on their homeworld after Samus broke all their old toys on Zebes.

Not saying that they should use him or that there's any real indication that he's there, but it's not complete nonsense.
Ridley was reconstructed and defeated twice between Metroid I and II

Astral Dog

I have agree here. I actually never missed his presences in Prime 2. Hell, I was actually surprised when he reappeared in Corruption since his reconstruction had already been destroyed on Tallon IV...
No Ridley but i would be happy if Kraid or a brand new Pirate Commander takes leadership for a game , (Phantoon no because he already appeared on Other M, Mother Brain has been ruined on both Corruption and Other M)

Depends on who you're asking, which timeline it takes place in and ambient barometric pressure.
Heh but we can say they were rebuilding until Samus kills all Metroids but one ( i actually want the pirates to appear in the remake :) but Ridley probably won't until Prime 4

I wonder how many people would be angry if Ridley's other M evolution cycle occurs throughout the game and you occasionally run into it at different stages. By the end of the game, Ridley is an adult and takes the last baby Metroid.

I believe we have seen the red glowing eyes and blowing smoke out the nostrils a few times in the series and it's always Ridley. Perhaps it's just foreshadowing the end game events though.

I wonder how many people would be angry if Ridley's other M evolution cycle occurs throughout the game and you occasionally run into it at different stages. By the end of the game, Ridley is an adult and takes the last Metroid.

I'd be super mad because that is literally George Lucas tier of bullshitttery.

KingBroly

Banned
I wonder how many people would be angry if Ridley's other M evolution cycle occurs throughout the game and you occasionally run into it at different stages. By the end of the game, Ridley is an adult and takes the last baby Metroid.

I believe we have seen the red glowing eyes and blowing smoke out the nostrils a few times in the series and it's always Ridley. Perhaps it's just foreshadowing the end game events though.

I'd rip the cart in half.

13ruce

Banned

I would cry and laugh at the same time if that happens.

yuoke

Banned

Ridley's pokemon evolution bullshit goes under the radar for being one of the awful things from other m covered up by samus's character assassination.

I seriously hope the glowing eyes are from the Zeta Metroid you fight shortly after.

Plus the only game that's had Ridley's eyes are red is Fusion, they've always been yellow (with a slight edge of red) in every encounter with the real one. The red eyes could be a byproduct from the X-Parasites infecting his corpse for all we know

yuoke

Banned
The track list for the SE cd was revealed.

https://shinesparkers.net/samus-archives-tracklist-for-samus-returns-revealed/

Not bad, except lack of fusion. I would replace burning lava fish theme with nightmare's. The lava fish theme is lame.

Metroid Other M – Result Screen
Metroid – Brinstar
Metroid II: Return of Samus – SR388's Depths
Metroid: Samus Returns – Samus' Theme
Metroid: Samus Returns – Lava Caves
Metroid Other M – Ridley
Metroid: Samus Returns – Lower Brinstar
Super Metroid – Lower Brinstar
Super Metroid – Crateria's Surface
Metroid Fusion – Sector 1 (SRX)
Metroid Prime – Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – Space Pirates
Metroid Prime – Inside the Crashed Frigate Orpheon
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – Main Theme
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption – Sky Town
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption – Rundas
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption – Gandrayda
Metroid: Samus Returns – Chozo Laboratory
Metroid Other M – Sector 1 (Biosphere)
Metroid Other M – The Burning Lava Fish
Metroid Prime Trilogy – Main Theme
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption – Main Theme
Metroid – Samus Fanfare

*CD talk*

Prime 3 is getting its stuff in there on that CD.
Liking the nod to the Prime Trilogy menu theme that seemed destined to be forgotten.

Not bad, except lack of fusion. I would replace burning lava fish theme with nightmare's. The lava fish theme is lame.

Metroid – Brinstar
Metroid II: Return of Samus – SR388’s Depths
Metroid: Samus Returns – Samus’ Theme
Metroid Other M – Ridley
Super Metroid – Crateria’s Surface
Metroid – Samus Fanfare

No Phendrana Drifts
:(

Metroid – Brinstar
Metroid II: Return of Samus – SR388’s Depths
Metroid: Samus Returns – Samus’ Theme
Metroid Other M – Ridley
Super Metroid – Crateria’s Surface
Metroid – Samus Fanfare

Only TWO Super Metroid tracks? Wtf, I want Maridia

Astral Dog

I loved baby -> Adult Ridley, it acted creepy and they had the subtlety to not make it talk but showed intelligence in other ways, its the only thing Other M did right story wise and most interesting Ridley has been since his reconstruction back in Prime 1

yuoke

Banned
I loved baby -> Adult Ridley, it acted creepy and they had the subtlety to not make it talk but showed intelligence in other ways, its the only thing Other M did right story wise and most interesting Ridley has been since his reconstruction back in Prime 1

See, I would have been okay with that if it showed intelligence in the second form, and definitely his true form.

In the middle form and full ridley, he acted savage and not intelligent, but he is supposed to be.

Top Bottom