• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV - MB Coins pricing spotted on PSN

A-V-B

Give it time, EA/Activision will probably find a way.

I remember listening to a talk John Ritticiello gave back when he was CEO of EA. He was talking about the ideal future, where people are charged a dollar every time they reload a gun.

Some indie games will basically be seen as free because they only charge you once.

Ha, it's kind of
not really
funny that the price per MB coin actually increases between the $15.95 (1150 coins) tier and the $48.95 (3500 coins) tier, however negligible the difference may be.

As one might assume, the price per coin drops ever so slightly as you move up to more expensive tiers. Like with anything else (think Costco), this makes sense: price per unit drops in bulk. Not so between the $15.95 and $48.95 tiers, where the price raises by about two one-hundredths of a cent. Again, a completely negligible difference, but still funny given the already brazen "fuck you" presented to us by this pricing structure.

If you are that pissed at Konami, why buy the game and give them money in the 1st place?

I understand people being pissed, but if you are going as far as typing what you typed, not sure why you would support them by buying the game?
Because Metal Gear.

PreFire

Sorry if asked already, but what do these coins translate to in-game? I have about 3 million in GMP right now, it's pretty easy to make GMP in this game..

But what are the coins worth?

A-V-B

Sorry if asked already, but what do these coins translate to in-game? I have about 3 million in GMP right now, it's pretty easy to make GMP in this game..

They're for building FOBs.

We'll see how that changes gameplay once we can connect to Konami servers, and if there's some kind of day one patch to gimp GMP production.

We don't know but it seems to be a totally different currency that can't be exchanged

It's their funeral.

You know..... there are some interesting options for Headstone Customization available! Would you like the expand the 16 character limit to 140? The Headstone Size Update is optional and only cost $7.99. If you want to add optional Character Stamp Designs to your Headstone, you can buy and of the over 250 designs for just $0.99 each or in $39.99 bundles based on theme. Need more Mourners for your Headstone? Nab the Mourners Pack for $14.99. Additional and theme Mourners are available for an optional fee.

Eh. Konami has been disappointing me a lot lately. But I'm for hire if they want physical mourners.

Because some of that money goes to Kojima and his team, and that deserves support. Past that, I don't think people will have anything to do with Konami ever again unless they're PES-heads.
Pretty much. As much as I'm sure Kojima is sour towards Konami, I'm sure he wants everyone to play and enjoy the game he created even though Konami is trying their best to tarnish that enjoyment for some. I would have bought this game regardless of any online play.

AndyD

aka andydumi
FOBs affect your GMP production. That's absolutely bleeding over into SP.

I meant the FOB spending might not be SP based, but MP based. So your FOB status is on a server, and will be tough to hack locally with Cheat Engine.

Crypt

To what extent though? If the grind is too much, I will be livid.

You might feel it if you're trying to 100% the game. I watched a stream over the last few days where the guy beat the whole game. No microtransactions for him, and he seemed to unlock quite a bit of stuff without much real grinding.

For the vast majority of people, none of this will be an issue.

You might feel it if you're trying to 100% the game. I watched a stream over the last few days where the guy beat the whole game. No microtransactions for him, and he seemed to unlock quite a bit of stuff without much real grinding.

Thats good to hear. I doubt I will 100% it. I rarely do that with any game.

Stike

I meant the FOB spending might not be SP based, but MP based. So your FOB status is on a server, and will be tough to hack locally with Cheat Engine.

Looking at this post here, it seems to be the case:

"At one point in The Phantom Pain demo, according to Otero, attempting to speed up development on Mother Base resulted in the following prompt: "Reduced time features cannot be used in offline mode.""

It doesn't explicitly say it, but it's more than fair to assume that this means paying to speed up base building. If you'd care to explain why that's not a reasonable assumption then I'd love to hear it.

Infact. it literally says when he was 'attempting to speed up development on Mother Base'.

A-V-B

What I'm wondering is if they check GMP with the server as well, and if there's an inconsistency it sends up a red flag.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That's crazy, it is August 31st 2015 at 2:23 PM and you saw someone beat the game already on a stream with no microtransactions.

I was thinking about giving it a shot to maybe make things feel a bit more comfortable, but I've done good in the last 20 or so years doing things the traditional way. If I want something done or I get to know more about the benefits then maybe, maybe I'll buy one.

I just need one thing to happen first and that's actually having a playable copy of the game.

I wonder how much excess money the typical whale has at his disposal in order to be willing to spend—in the worst case–hundreds of bucks on nonsense like this.

I think some might not even have any more money than the average person. Sometimes it's just an addiction

JackelZXA

If you are that pissed at Konami, why buy the game and give them money in the 1st place?

I understand people being pissed, but if you are going as far as typing what you typed, not sure why you would support them by buying the game?

Buy the game, but don't buy MB Coins. Support Kojima, not the scam that Konami forced on him. Enjoy the singleplayer it's gonna be the best. That MB Coins shit...who cares I don't plan to play the multiplayer.

I thought this was for MP oriented stuff, so presumably won't work offline.

giphy.gif

A-V-B

Buy the game, but don't buy MB Coins. Support Kojima, not the scam that Konami forced on him. Enjoy the singleplayer it's gonna be the best. That MB Coins shit...who cares I don't plan to play the multiplayer.

Unless you need to buy FOBs to upgrade at any reasonable rate. Then it's war lol

Just fucking relax. TThis could be the worst thing ever or fucking nothing. Let's wait instead of calling for blood and freaking the fuck out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll pick up some ahead of time. My time is at a premium but my money isn't, and I'd like to support Konami for getting this game made so hopefully they realize the demand is there. Good stuff!

A-V-B

Just fucking relax. TThis could be the worst thing ever or fucking nothing. Let's wait instead of calling for blood and freaking the fuck out.

What purpose does this serve? If people are angry, they'll be angry. Not like they're going to change Konami's minds, they're bailing out of the business anyway to pursue gambling.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
If people are able to bypass this with Cheat Engine, then this Coin bullshit will be the least of your problems because people will be full on cheating in multiplayer.

A-V-B

If people are able to bypass this with Cheat Engine, then this Coin bullshit will be the least of your problems because people will be full on cheating in multiplayer.

They won't bypass it for long if Konami's gung ho about protecting the revenue stream. And they probably will be. They'll pursue cheaters before they pursue patching the game.

Top Bottom