• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

ROI and potential profits are simply bigger on already existing platforms than whatever Nintendo has cooking with its current 0 potential consumers and it'll likely be something that won't be bigger than the current install base on PC/consoles once BGE2 releases.
Certain titles sell better to certain audiences, especially when they are launch/near launch titles. Like Sonic Racing Transformed selling best on Wii U despite the gigantic PS3/360 userbase. Rayman Legends is another example.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Maybe this has already been predicted but I fully expect Vivendi to gain control of Ubisoft and cancel the game because it isn't Assassin's Creed.

Nanashrew

Banned
I don't care about ROI or potential profits. If someone is footing the bill and it's getting made, that's all I really care about. It's been roughly 13 years since the first game.

Snaku

Banned
I don't care about ROI or potential profits. If someone is footing the bill and it's getting made, that's all I really care about. It's been roughly 13 years since the first game.

It's not like Ubi cared about any of those things either when they released the first game. They released it in one of the most crowded holiday seasons ever, against their own marquee title Prince of Persia the Sands of Time, with zero advertisement. They just expected it to do well based solely on its quality and the positive word of mouth, which may have worked in the current environment with social media playing such a strong roll in marketing. But back then? Shit.

spekkeh

Banned
Maybe this has already been predicted but I fully expect Vivendi to gain control of Ubisoft and cancel the game because it isn't Assassin's Creed.
So Ancel is releasing the images as a hail Mary that it would cause too much fan outroar for Vivendi to ignore? Doesn't seem entirely implausible.

Vena

So Ancel is releasing the images as a hail Mary that it would cause too much fan outroar for Vivendi to ignore? Doesn't seem entirely implausible.

Its as duckroll says, he's just playing along with the "ubi independence" push from inside of Ubi's creative talent. This is a project he is working on, regardless of who its for or when its coming out, and it emphasize creativity.

Quillbell

Neo Member
I'd rather it be on PS4/XBO/PC, but at the end of the day I don't really give a shit as long as I get to play it.

I just really want it to finally come out. And be good. Or just stop teasing us and cancel it already.

I mean, I'm also worried that, after all this time, it will have lost what made the original so special. BG&E was fun. It was heartwarming. It was about family and democracy and ultimately something very hopeful. It didn't take itself so seriously. After all this buildup I really hope that the tone hasn't massively shifted. That's why I'm worried about the more realistic art. The style of the original matched the tone perfectly.

ZOwFNV3.jpg

Mammago!

Here also says the game is in 'pre-production'.

Pre-production after 8 years? Jesus... why are you even showing this now then? There's time to get it cancelled 10 times over...

Top Bottom