• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Branch to release first album in 14 years, co-written by Patrick Carney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Branch hasn't released an album since 2003's Hotel Paper — though she did put out an EP in 2010 — but she's making a comeback later this year with a new album called Hopeless Romantic, which would make it her first full-length in 14 years. As Entertainment Weekly reports in a most anticipated albums round-up (via Spin), it was co-written by Patrick Carney, one half of the Black Keys (and Branch's current boyfriend). EW says that the album has a ”laid-back rock & roll sound" and its lyrics touch on her 2015 divorce from bassist Teddy Landau and the subsequent meeting of Carney. There aren't any singles to hear just yet, but the album is scheduled to be released on 4/7.

http://www.stereogum.com/1918510/mi...-comeback-album-co-written-by-patrick-carney/

I wasn't expecting this. I really liked her earlier stuff.

Her best song:

https://youtu.be/5OiwqYcoVTU

EDIT 2/17/2017:

Maengun1

Ooh, will definitely check this out. Spirit Room and Hotel Paper are two of my favorite pop records of the early 2000s. Those songs make me super nostalgic too, probably because she kinda disappeared after them so she's very ingrained in that time to me

Shaanyboi

Banned
CUZ YOU'RE EEEEVERYWHEEERE TO MEEEE
Aajlsflsfslfjsd hub hfsdajlssdj sdjfa..f.ass...
fdjsafljflad...
.adsfjs....YOU'RE NOT ALOOOOOONE OO-OH WOAAAHHHHH

Kevtones

I confused her with Vanessa Carlton of whom made a REALLY GOOD record in 2015 and deserves way more ears for reinventing herself.

Will check this out for this reason.

To quote Pitchfork on Carlton's record:

A million years ago, Vanessa Carlton released "A Thousand Miles", the pop song that launched a generation of piano lessons. Now, she's releasing the raw, muted, refreshingly weird Liberman, a record that could share headspaces with Perfume Genius or Angel Olsen.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Who? I've never heard of this person.

Then again, she hasn't released an album in a decade and a half.

I just confused her with Meredith Brooks. I feel even older.

I feel like Meredith Brooks has actually released some material since 2003 at least. But yes, that name takes me back even further.

Edit - Oh, apparently so has Michelle Branch. Missed that part in the OP about an EP.

Zutroy

Michelle was also part of The Wreckers, who had a successful debut country album, but then they broke up, which was a shame because Stand Still, Look Pretty is one of my favourite albums.

She's also released a few random singles here and there since Hotel Papers release.

sirap

Oh wow, that's a name I haven't heard in quite a long time.

Michelle Branch was my first celebrity crush. Can't believe it's been 14 years.

Wow, blast from the past.

Pro-tip: Never record a song with Santana. It'll be your best song and kill your career. (also see Rob Thomas)

Bane

Huh, just the other day I made a stupid text to a friend saying she was coming back this year after hearing her three times on the radio that day. I dig her so this could be cool.

Galang

Banned
Girl is dope as fuck and can rip the piano.
WAY OFF I am thinking of someone else. was thinking of vanessa carlton

Apparently her last album was really good. I need to check her out again

fdjsafljflad...

Oh shit. This post triggered so much nostalgia. Forgot this song existed, but now I'm interested

fdjsafljflad...
Yeah, from those Chase commercials on TV announcing their new branches in California after Washington Mutual folded.

Kyrios

Damn it's been that long? I'm friggen old lol Well good for her regardless, hope she finds good success!

zeelman

Her songs were okay at first, but they have become a form of torture for me thanks to my work. I've been hearing them several times a day for the past 5-6 years.

Tom Nook

Michelle Branch....
long_time_star_wars.gif

Had a huge crush on her.

FinKL

Love Michelle Branch! Time to go on a listening spree, haven't heard her name in quite a long time. Gorgeous and talented

Big Nikus

Something about this girl and her songs take me into a time warp and I lose hours.

I know right. Every few years I remember how much I liked her songs and I spend the rest of my day watching clips and live performances on Youtube.

She sounds amazing live, it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom