• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Branch to release first album in 14 years, co-written by Patrick Carney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her songs were okay at first, but they have become a form of torture for me thanks to my work. I've been hearing them several times a day for the past 5-6 years.

Do you work at a CVS. I hear everytime I walk in.

Michelle Branch....
long_time_star_wars.gif

Had a huge crush on her.

Shouta

Some of those songs from when she debuted are still in my rotation. I hope her new album does really well.

Is she the one that came out as bi years ago during a Performance or was that one of the other women sing types that was all out at the same time

Madness

Liked her song Breathe back in the day. I feel that kind of pop music was best. People like Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton, they had good voices, could play instruments, weren't manufactured and produced like todays pop stars who have like 10 writers, 4 producers, and stylists and PR managers turning them into hits.

I love this queen, AND Vanessa Carlton. The way my fellow gays of the aughts tried to create a Britney/Christina dichotomy between them was so saddening.

Liked her song Breathe back in the day. I feel that kind of pop music was best. People like Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton, they had good voices, could play instruments, weren't manufactured and produced like todays pop stars who have like 10 writers, 4 producers, and stylists and PR managers turning them into hits.

Silly. These girls were just as manufactured as the aforementioned, but that doesn't mean they are bad

I actually looked up Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton not that long ago. I remember when someone I knew mentioned that Michelle Branch got married, had a feeling that wasn't the best career choice at her age and time I think I was kind of right not that she'd regret it, at least it lasted over ten years.

I love this queen, AND Vanessa Carlton. The way my fellow gays of the aughts tried to create a Britney/Christina dichotomy between them was so saddening.

Silly. These girls were just as manufactured as the aforementioned, but that doesn't mean they are bad

Marketing, sure but no where near the extent of Brittany and Christina were, especially the latter and Branch and Carlton actually write their music, that alone makes them more "real".

VanWinkle

Man, Michelle Branch. Literally haven't thought about her in over a decade. I didn't realize, or I guess forgot until I clicked the link in the OP, that there were actually a lot of songs of hers I really enjoyed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I swear every few years she says she's putting out a new album. Even puts out a single and then nothing. Lol

I have a special place in my heart for her. The first concert I went to she opened for Lifehouse at the Roxy in Los Angeles.

jond76

Banned
Great news! Big fan of her solo stuff. Spirit Room sustained me when I first got to Germany in my army days.

Measley

Loved Hotel Paper. Good to see her back.

Kind of hilarious seeing people confuse her for Vanessa Carlton.

Hope it's OK to bump the thread

I saw her live last week in London and she was fantastic. Hopeless Romantic sounds (of course) a lot better live. She's so chill and down to earth.
She played a couple more tracks from the album and although they don't have that pop sound anymore, they were still good. She also played all her popular tracks (with different arrangements) and sounded amazing.

I didn't know this until I just saw the thread (yes living under a rock is amazing).

I remember all those times years and years ago the third album was on its way then delay and delay and delay - we never saw it :(.

Want to see what she comes up with next.

deadstar72

Neo Member
Say what, never saw this coming! Was obsessed with the spirit room and hotel paper as a young teenager. Really digging the new song

gogosox82

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Whatever happened to her? I liked her two albums but then she just vanished.

Edit: New song sounds decent. Would like to hear a few more songs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom