• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microcenter: Xbox One with Kinect $399, instore only.

~~Hasan~~

iyp9jNviWf2Wg.gif

fu lol

Servbot24

Banned
I feel like this should be the regular package. You've got One with Kinect. PS4 with better graphics. Both the same price.

One without Kinect at the same price as PS4 just seems like, why? Unless you like their exclusives better of course.

Hm... 8 in stock at my local one. I don't know. If this was a few weeks ago I might've bit but I've got a LOT on my plate right now. Bah! Decisions...

Edit: do people buy Kinects? Would make the deal even sweeter if I can sell it.

That's what Phil said about the Kinect too.

It's actually what Kinect said to Phil when they had a heart-to-heart, Kinect wanted to initiate a permanent self-shutdown, but Phil convinced him to keep on living, and not to give up.

And then Phil went behind his back and changed all the boxes.

That's some impressive hyperbole you've got there.

Hyperbole must be met with equal and opposite hyperbole before the thread reaches critical mass.

REV 09

Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. The Xbox One Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS almost a year to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.
Kinect is kinda cool for dashboard navigation, pausing videos, and turning the system on and off. Plus it would be free in this case. I don't see any reason to get worked up over principal.

m23

Great deal, personally, I think the Kinect is really useful. That price with Kinect is a steal.

Marcel

Kinect is kinda cool for dashboard navigation, pausing videos, and turning the system on and off. Plus it would be free in this case. I don't see any reason to get worked up over principal.

Are you talking motion or voice control? I'd rather have just a microphone array for voice commands.

~~Hasan~~

Great deal, personally, I think the Kinect is really useful. That price with Kinect is a steal.

it is really, I mean, with this bundle. its like a free camera with your xbox one for 400$. " since that is the price for Kinectless version next month anyway" how is that not a must buy ?

I am surprised they still have in stock left to be honest.

Ascenion

But everyone who has a Xbox One already has a Kinect, and anyone who buys the Kinectless version dont want a Kinect.
Not true. It could be a case of wanting an Xbox One now and opting to pay up to $400 for that now with a hope of getting the whole package under $500 later depending on standalone Kinect prices.

Mrbob

I'm so jelly there isn't a local micro center near. They always have deals on PC hardware which crush newegg and amazon but everything is local pick up only. Here is another great sale.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. The Xbox One Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS almost a year to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.

Dude, who cares. It is viddya game hardware. Sell the kinect and get your xb1 for 300 to 350. Even if you don't use it that much there will always be a couple exclusives you can't get anywhere else.

it is really, I mean, with this bundle. its like a free camera with your xbox one for 400$. " since that is the price for Kinectless version next month anyway" how is that not a must buy ?

I am surprised they still have in stock left to be honest.

Must be some truth to people waiting for a white edition.

Dat stock clearout.

Kinect hasnt been discontinued, it still works and will be supported. I dont think anyone has been "thrown under a bus" its an option if you want it.

So along with the Microsoft buy 2 get 1 free deal you can get an SKU with Kinect and at the same time buy Titanfall and get 2 other games for the same price as the Titanfall bundle.

So rather than buy the Titanfall bundle for $500, you can get this and buy Titanfall, a $30-40 game, and get another game for free, getting 3 games instead of 1.

Pretty great deal, not sure if I want to go up to Baltimore though.

MaulerX

But everyone who has a Xbox One already has a Kinect, and anyone who buys the Kinectless version dont want a Kinect.

That's not true. We live in a world where people don't mind spending more in the long run as long as they get something cheaper today. That Kinectless SKU will create a demand for these things.

statham

So along with the Microsoft buy 2 get 1 free deal you can get an SKU with Kinect and at the same time buy Titanfall and get 2 other games for the same price as the Titanfall bundle.

So rather than buy the Titanfall bundle for $500, you can get this and buy Titanfall, a $30-40 game, and get another game for free, getting 3 games instead of 1.

Pretty great deal, not sure if I want to go up to Baltimore though.

Admiral, Bone to Pick
up

jond76

Banned
Anyone waiting for $399 should probably go for this deal, whether you were interested in Kinect or not. Odds are that you will probably end up enjoying it's functionality.

quetz67

Banned
That's not true. We live in a world where people don't mind spending more in the long run as long as they get something cheaper today. That Kinectless SKU will create a demand for these things.

Yes, true, but I don't see many people spending more that $299 for a Kinctless SKU. I am sure that SKU was only made to start a price war and we'll see a price drop rather sooner than later.

Jrs3000

Anyone waiting for $399 should probably go for this deal, whether you were interested in Kinect or not. Odds are that you will probably end up enjoying it's functionality.

Yes, after the recent update voice commands and speeds have been improved. It's much better just telling it what to do now. I understand some on Gaf don't want it but if you're getting in with such a great deal give it a try you may be suprised.

Is it a price drop now?

Price drop is june with new sku, this is just a retailer sale at that price point with the kinect which can probably be price matched to amazon, bestbuy, walmart, and other retailers.

StuBurns

Banned
The thirst ain't real.

I'm surprised people don't buy this and just sell the Kinect, it must have an eBay value right? MS don't sell them yet.

Spineker

Banned
Kinect hasnt been discontinued, it still works and will be supported. I dont think anyone has been "thrown under a bus" its an option if you want it.

I personally very much doubt that many developers are going to bother with Kinect now. Give the Kinectless SKU 6-8 months to really establish itself and the number of games released with a Kinect focus will be few and far between, much like developers don't bother putting in any effort with the Wii U gamepad, which would be much easier to make some sort of use of than the Kinect.

But Kinect SKU is not discontinued. I rather think MS makes hard to resist offers to retailers to get Xbones from warehouses to retailers...whatever SKU.

Still need to make shelf space. Shelves don't mysteriously become empty, especially with how filled some of those Xbone shelves are.

M3d10n

Price was slashed in Brazil too. From R$ 2500 to around R$ 1900 in most places (some as low as R$1700). That's cheaper than the R$ 1999 MSRP for the non-Kinect version on Microsoft's website.

Harts316

You should be more selective about what principles you want to adhere to in life. You'll miss out on a lot of stuff otherwise.

Being a good person to other people: A good principle to have.

Missing out on a good deal due to a video game peripheral being bundled: You can probably live without this one.

How else is he going to stick it to the man?

Kssio_Aug

I can only say that people who will not buy it for U$100 dollars cheaper just to wait a white version are really, really desiring this console color. lol

I wouldnt lose a deal like that just because of the color I think (if it was a neutral color, and thats the case). Besides I would probably buy the black anyway.

Top Bottom