• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microcenter: Xbox One with Kinect $399, instore only.

m23

I wonder if early adopters are feeling a bit ripped off.

I don't really. I was expecting deals, although not quite this much a price difference. But still, I feel like a got $100 worth easily and have been enjoying the console since launch.

Kssio_Aug

I wonder if early adopters are feeling a bit ripped off.

I dont think they should. Every early adopter knows the basic risks theyre taken, and pay a full price that can eventually drop a time later its one of them. Also, thinking like that is quite a overraction... Thats not the official price now for the Kinect version, that remains the same. Its just a deal (and a pretty good one) that no one could expect.

It will come back to its normal price soon, after all, thats why the kinectless version will be released. And I wouldnt say that someone with the Kincet would feel ripped off by a kinectless version costing cheaper, except if he always desired that to happen (then he really should have waited, because THAT was expected).

Raistlin

Dat stock clearout.

People might be shocked by this, but I wouldn't buy it on principle. The Xbox One Kinect was a terrible idea and it took MS almost a year to realize it then when they finally did, they threw developers and launch purchasers under the bus.
Almost a year? From XBone announcement yes ... not from launch. It's basically been 6 months.

Kinda is nowadays.
Not really, at least not if the device is popular.

BOMBA sales definitely seem to be on the rise though.

If retailers are doing this now, it probably would not be surprising to see them discount the new kinectless models to $349 or even $299 not long after it's release...

LaneDS

Bought one, so thanks to the OP for the heads up. Probably going to keep it unopened until E3 happens though, to see how that plays out.

BigDug13

I dont think they should. Every early adopter knows the basic risks theyre taken, and pay a full price that can eventually drop a time later its one of them. Also, thinking like that is quite a overraction... Thats not the official price now for the Kinect version, that remains the same. Its just a deal (and a pretty good one) that no one could expect.

It will come back to its normal price soon, after all, thats why the kinectless version will be released. And I wouldnt say that someone with the Kincet would feel ripped off by a kinectless version costing cheaper, except if he always desired that to happen (then he really should have waited, because THAT was expected).

For most electronics this is true, but rarely ever in the gaming console world do you feel like an "early adopter" outside of system designs that aren't as good as the eventual slim model. But price-wise, you're usually safe for a year after system release.

StuBurns

Banned
Early adopters didn't get 'screwed', they basically got the system at or around cost, that's still very good value for consumer electronics.

rokkerkory

Early adopters screwed? You should be aware anytime you are an early adopter as you willingly take the risk that you can get nearly every electronic device cheaper as time passes. Shit it's even worse if you buy a new model car but hey you get to drive something brand spanken new.

Goddamn this box is heavy and huge.
Edit: lol cashier laughed and asked me "you like this?" But then I explained the sale and he understood

Damn, the early adopters got ripped off.

It gets worse, apparently somebody was thrown under a bus.

Why? This is normal and expected with almost any other product out there.

If they just waited long enough they could've benefited on these deals that came later on.
In what universe, exactly?

He probably buys all his games and consoles from this guy.

mi4.png

he's always doing great deals on things.

Micerider

Just bought the Titanfall bundle + Wolfenstein for 459 Euros yesterday. Which, for me, is also a really good deal (especially living in a Tier 2 country). Seems they are trying to de-stock as much as possible...not an extremely good sign for MS, but good for buyers.

rokkerkory

This is the place I got my 360 back in the for $299 20GB version when they had a $100 if you opened a CC with them... i think.

JAYinHD

These deals are becoming more difficult to pass up. I'm fortunate enough to have a gaming rig, PS4 and Wii U but this is quite tempting.

I work for Microcenter and we did the same thing with tthe Vita & Wii-U. It cost us more to just have them sitting there than just to clearance them out. With that in mind, this is STILL a great deal because we only have one Sku for the Forza/Titanfall bundles so you can try asking for one of those when you go in.

Edit: Just checked apparently we decided to split the Skus >_> sorry for my post.

Early adopters screwed? You should be aware anytime you are an early adopter as you willingly take the risk that you can get nearly every electronic device cheaper as time passes. Shit it's even worse if you buy a new model car but hey you get to drive something brand spanken new.
Agreed. And at the end of the day, early adopters get to play these games earlier than others. I gotta give Microsoft one hell of a shout, they have responded to issues whether their it is their bullshit policies and price far quicker than Sony and Nintendo do generally when they screw up.

Evo X

My Target price matched this for me. They didn't have any console only boxes so they gave me the Forza 5 bundle for the same price!

Also, with that awesome game trade in promotion they were running last week, I already had $372 on a Target gift card.

All in all, the Xbox One with Kinect and Forza 5 only cost me $65. LOL. Not bad.

leehom

Thanks OP, purchased this at Best Buy last week for $429 (PM with Frys). Went back to BB and got refunded $33. The CS rep tried to tell me the one I bought was the Forza bundle, but I pointed out the SKU's is the same as the one on sale at MC and she processed the refund. Technically it's not the same and is, they sold me the plain XB1 and gave me F5 for free instead of selling me the bundle.

Overall, not a bad deal. $399 for a XB1 with Kinect and F5 (although the game is crap). Don't plan on buying Live since I have PS+, so I wouldn't be able to play Titanfall if I went with that bundle.

Even at $399, it's not selling that well. My MC had 7 this morning and still have 3 in stock.

My Target price matched this for me. They didn't have any console only boxes so they gave me the Forza 5 bundle for the same price!

Also, with that awesome game trade in promotion they were running last week, I already had $372 on a Target gift card.

All in all, the Xbox One with Kinect and Forza 5 only cost me $65. LOL. Not bad.

Wow! Thats a price where even i would consider buying a XONE ;) no srsly, 199-250 € will be my sweet spot (if there are games at that point).

How did you get them to price match?

Microcenter truly is the GOAT for anything with electronics

Haha without a doubt, I buy from Microcenter constantly as I live less than 20 mins away. I constantly see ridiculous deals. They had an i7 4770k for $100 off earlier this year and were giving up to another $100 off on the mobo depending on what you bought. The deals are absolutely ludicrous.

Evo X

Wow! Thats a price where even i would consider buying a XONE ;) no srsly, 199-250 € will be my sweet spot (if there are games at that point).

Yeah. I was originally holding off until Halo to buy one, but getting a Kinect plus free game for the same price as the new SKU seemed like a great deal. Might hold off opening it until E3 to make sure if it was a smart decision.

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash makes me want to get a Wii U as well. If I end up getting it, I will have every current console and handheld alongside a beast gaming PC. :O

How did you get them to price match?

I just showed them the $399 price from microcenter's website on my cell phone.

Manager said they don't usually allow this, but he'll do it one time because I asked extra nice and was told by an electronics's employee earlier that it would be fine.

He wasn't too knowledgeable about video games. Don't think he had any idea of the difference between standard console, forza bundle, or titanfall bundle. He only glanced at my cell phone for about a second.

Authority

Banned
Found this by the way.

CEX selling Xbox One without Kinect from £315
0VlfeMl.png

Second-hand games retailer CEX has begun taking Kinect sensors out of Xbox One boxes to shift the console at a cheaper price.

Log on to the chain's website and you can now only buy an Xbox One without Kinect. The cheapest, discounted price for the console (without a box) is £315.

Xbox One without Kinect goes on sale officially on 9th June priced £349.

Meanwhile, Kinect sensors are now available to buy separately in CEX stores across the country - presumably the ones that CEX has whipped out of Xbox One boxes.

CEX will now sell you a sensor for £20 - even though no Xbox One console boxes without Kinect have yet been shipped by Microsoft.

You can also now trade your Kinect sensor in separately. You'll get a fiver in cash or £8 store credit, if you really want.

Credits to Eurogamer

Zaph

£20 for a XONE Kinect? God damn.

CEX are actually pretty good. I sell my old Apple stuff through them because they give fair prices and I don't have to deal with eBay/Gumtree idiots and scamers.

Just a shame you have to wait in line with junkies and thieves.

Lorul2

Ok, they are trying to clear shelf space for the Kinect less boxes at $399. If the hardware is the same why wouldn't I buy the one with Kinect and sell it, or whatever. I don't understand how clearing these units out is a good thing if the Xbox units are the same?

Top Bottom