• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces Windows 10 VR Headsets by HP/Dell/Lenovo/etc., starting at $299

Wollan

The Dell (white) one is pretty Okay. Looks like the PSVR and Daydream View had a baby. Missing the nice forehead pillow of the PSVR though. And neither does it have the in-out sliding mechanism of PSVR which is nice for glasses wearers.

But yeah. Not very promising that the tech isn't being showed at all with this seemingly releasing later in the year.

edit:
Dell:
dell-windows-holographic-headset-front.jpg

dell-windows-holographic-headset-side.jpg

dell-windows-holographic-headset-inside.jpg

Durante

Dont misunderstand me, I'm quite hyped for the tracking, but as of now, it's quite expensive and I'd be fine with just 3D gaming. Althought what I wonder the most about these devices is the refresh rate.
That's one thing, the other is FoV.

With something the size of that Dell device I am not sure if it can match the FoV of the current HMDs.

Zalusithix

That's one thing, the other is FoV.

With something the size of that Dell device I am not sure if it can match the FoV of the current HMDs.

The lenses on the Dell unit appear to sit quite close to the eyes, so it might match the FoV. (At the expense of making glasses impossible.)

Alx

But yeah. Not very promising that the tech isn't being showed at all with this seemingly releasing later in the year.

I wonder if it's because of the CES environment... the optical tracking would require multiple fixed points to track around the user, and the fluctuating crowd of a show floor could be an issue.
Or maybe they're not ready yet, but since some of them are supposed to release in 3 months, they must have at least some demos running already.

Top Bottom