• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft details E3 2015 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think we'll see Cliff Blezinski at MS's conference? Perhaps his title could be PC/X1 exclusive?

MS like their F2P stuff, so its not a particularly out there suggestion (but is a good one) but I don't think he [Cliff] will want to be only on the XB1 on the console side, or that Nexxon will want to either

thuway

MS like their F2P stuff, so its not a particularly out there suggestion (but is a good one) but I don't think he [Cliff] will want to be only on the XB1 on the console side, or that Nexxon will want to either

Could Microsoft publish the game on consoles?

freefornow

ALL ABOARD

SelfassuredEveryBluemorphobutterfly.gif

I did not make it my friend did, great gif.

Your friend needs a Gaf account ASAP!

Sagroth

Microsoft has a good looking lineup going into the conference. I just hope they surprise us with something cool and unexpected.

Mascot

i would gladly take alternate times of day for each track, ala fm4, and dont need weather.

Weather will be limited to the PC version of Forza for performance reasons. Both versions will get global illumination for variable ToD and night racing. Next week's winning lottery numbers are 07-32-44-22-19-06.

HarryKS

This year's E3 for MS i think will seriously be their best in a long time, maybe the best ever. I think they can sense that in the US they are right on the verge of overtaking Sony and capturing the mindshare of the world's largest market. Now would be the time to give it everything they've got.

What are you on about? The numbers don't show that at all.

Forsythia

Get me on that train!

Looking forward to it, but I just hope this year not everything will be leaked beforehand, some surprises are nice, you know!

Predicting a repeat of last year: massive hype train for a conference that contained very little new information, which then promptly got washed away by Sony and Nintendo.

At least there won't be any new kinect games.

I have always liked the format and pacing of MS conferences, even during those infamous years where the most hilarious memes were born. They know how to keep things focused, regardless of the nature of what is being shown.
This year's performance is poised o be one of their best yet, owing to the number of interesting games that are destined to reveal. Pretty stocked for what could be the conference to rule them all this E3. I hope I will be able to watch the events unfold live...but something tells me I will be seated reviewing customer's complaints...sigh!
Tell me, when is the presentation supposed to take place? What time would that be for a Montreal guy?

BKSmash

Predicting a repeat of last year: massive hype train for a conference that contained very little new information, which then promptly got washed away by Sony and Nintendo.

At least there won't be any new kinect games.

Keep in mind that a lot of their information got leaked before their conference last year.

Can't wait to see what Rare are making. Hoping for Banjo but would be happy for a revival of one of their other classics or maybe even a new IP.

Prine

Banned
2nd/3rd gen wave of games is always the most exciting time in a consoles life cycle, what a fantastic e3 were in for. Both from MS and Sony.

Ushay

Can't wait to see what Rare are making. Hoping for Banjo but would be happy for a revival of one of their other classics or maybe even a new IP.

I'd prefer something brand new if I'm being honest, but obviously there is a thirst for Banjo so they'll likely quench that first.

As much as I like games, and I'm happy that MS is so focused on doing good by that part of the community. I really want them, at E3 or somewhere else, to actually focus on and talk about the media stuff.

I want to hear if they have plans to improve the TV watching experience, if they're looking into IPTV or other initatives. I like the idea of everything from OTA TV to Netflix living on the same device, I just wish MS wasn't so afraid to bring it up because the gaming community would explode in fanboy chaos if they did.

Ushay

Does anyone remember Kinect? I remember when precious MS shows were all about Kinect. .. Scary times

Mine gets use everyday. MS biggest failing was building convincing games that utilised Kinect + Controller intelligently and responsively in core games. Either the software isn't where it needs to be or the hardware isn't good enough.

That being said, the voice commands are great. I'd imagine they will be even better with W10 + Cortana integration.

RPGamer92

Banned
As much as I like games, and I'm happy that MS is so focused on doing good by that part of the community. I really want them, at E3 or somewhere else, to actually focus on and talk about the media stuff.

I want to hear if they have plans to improve the TV watching experience, if they're looking into IPTV or other initatives. I like the idea of everything from OTA TV to Netflix living on the same device, I just wish MS wasn't so afraid to bring it up because the gaming community would explode in fanboy chaos if they did.
Joke post?

Have a lot of hype for this year MS conference. Really like my Xbox one and hope they hit a home run this year.

Now Remedy Entertainment give more info about QB, release already a remaster of Alan Wake and announce Alan Wake 2.

Joke post?

Nope.

I'm not saying they should dedicate the entire 1 hour conference to talking TV and media. But I would like them to at some point, at E3 or after, actually dedicate some time to talk to owners about their plans for that part of the machine.

I probably spend more time on Netflix then actually playing games these days, and I really like the vision of having everything in one box, and I would like to hear what (if any) plans they have to evolve that going forward.

I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority of people who actually like the whole media strategy, and they're trying to stay clear of discussing it ever again. But they made the machine capable of doing it, so I think they should spend some time talking about it rather then pretending it doesn't exist.

Have a lot of hype for this year MS conference. Really like my Xbox one and hope they hit a home run this year.

Now Remedy Entertainment give more info about QB, release already a remaster of Alan Wake and announce Alan Wake 2.

Alan Wake Remaster is probably happening and launching this year, Wake 2 won't be a thing for a looong time (if ever) and I would probably expect Quantum Break to hit around Q1 2016.

Nope.

I'm not saying they should dedicate the entire 1 hour conference to talking TV and media. But I would like them to at some point, at E3 or after, actually dedicate some time to talk to owners about their plans for that part of the machine.

I probably spend more time on Netflix then actually playing games these days, and I really like the vision of having everything in one box, and I would like to hear what (if any) plans they have to evolve that going forward.

I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority of people who actually like the whole media strategy, and they're trying to stay clear of discussing it ever again. But they made the machine capable of doing it, so I think they should spend some time talking about it rather then pretending it doesn't exist.

I think Microsoft can get the news to people in just the same sort of exposure as if they did it through the press conference, there is content that needs the exposure much more on stage like games where media stuff just doesn't need the same promotion.

The OS/platform team seem like they will be on stage this year to do OS stuff, but I don't expect them to mention media stuff too much. MS have their daily show in which they're showing new stuff, Xbox Wire posts etc if they want to do that.

They aren't pretending it doesn't exist, they've done plenty of media updates, they just know that the majority of people don't want to see it on-stage and its a waste of conference time. MS have said they have so much to show they've spread things across to Gamescom too, would seem strange to me if they have so much that stuff has been moved only to take time out to focus on non-game content.

Alan Wake Remaster is probably happening and launching this year, Wake 2 won't be a thing for a looong time (if ever) and I would probably expect Quantum Break to hit around Q1 2016.

I would say there's almost zero chance of MS/Remedy announcing an Alan Wake remaster any time soon if at all, not when they have a big new IP in Quantum Break to push.

Does anyone remember Kinect? I remember when precious MS shows were all about Kinect. .. Scary times
What did you hope to gain from this post?

Are you complaining that MS changed their view and focused 100% on games which is exactly what people seemed to want. Or are you complaining that they should focus more on Kinect?

Be clear in what you tried to drive by and accomplish here.

I would say there's almost zero chance of MS/Remedy announcing an Alan Wake remaster any time soon if at all, not when they have a big new IP in Quantum Break to push.

They were surveying it as a pre-order bonus for Quantum Break, the survey made it seem "We're making one, do you want it with QB or not" instead of "If we made one, would you want it with QB?"

Like 95% of remasters, Remedy probably won't develop it themselves, it has no bearing on QB, except that seemingly the latest it will launch could be when QB releases

They were surveying it as a pre-order bonus for Quantum Break, the survey made it seem "We're making one, do you want it with QB or not" instead of "If we made one, would you want it with QB?"

Like 95% of remasters, Remedy probably won't develop it themselves, it has no bearing on QB, except that seemingly the latest it will launch could be when QB releases

Well yeah if it somehow came with QB then fair enough, other than that I think it would only serve to distract from their main new game, one which I'm sure has cost them a fair amount and they need to see a return on.

As always, I could be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom