• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft details E3 2015 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I really hope that they dont waste time on windows games and the hololens gimmick.

Show me whats in store for my Xbox.

Don't worry, Phil got this. I do hope that we will get 10 minutes or so explaining what Windows 10 brings to the Xbox One, maybe a new dashboard, too.

Chris1

I wish MS was that good at Spacing games out. lol

Well I think they're learning not to cram all releases together and delaying QB was a good start.

Don't wprry, Phil got this. I do hope that we will get 10 minutes or so explaining what Windows 10 brings to the Xbox One, maybe a new dashboard, too.

According to Phil he'll be talking about some "platform features" at E3. Not sure what that means exactly since it could be a few things, but I'd say windows 10 will be apart of that talk.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry for the late update guys.

sign me up on the hype train :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Stumbled upon this, and felt a chill going down my vertebrae. The hype is overwhelming at this point goddamn, and so many more days to go.

JmeVVRL.jpg

saladine1

I want in on the train!

Damn, I'm dying to see Forza 6. Actually, I don't care what it looks like. All I care about is what it SOUNDS like and what new features/content it will have.

Nick Wiswell, do me proud sir, do me proud...

veRTlVY.jpg

Hoping Forza 6 is full of content this time round. I wasn't going to buy it but could still be tempted if it's good.

They need to double the amount of tracks for a start.

I don't particularly care about real time lighting in a racing game if that horsepower can be used elsewhere.

Turn 10 are wizards though and I'm really interested to see what tune they are getting out of the rusty old Xbone two years on.

Please add Bundy AKA John Bender to the train too. Like EmptySpace he is a big Xbox fan.

I thought I recognized the desperation.

OT: What's the likelihood of the Montana game being successful if it doesn't have the NFL license?, Madden has that right? and I don't know if two or more can have it at the same time.

Pro Evo used to beat FIFA without the licenses so anythings possible, making a real good game is just as important.

What do we think Americans?

Lichter

Their lineup is very good looking for 2015/2016: Scalebound, Halo 5, Crackdown, Gears 4, Quantum Break, ...

But I hope they will also announce some new games and not just showcasing the E3 2014 games (but with gameplay footage this time).

blakep267

Their lineup is very good looking for 2015/2016: Scalebound, Halo 5, Crackdown, Gears 4, Quantum Break, ...

But I hope they will also announce some new games and not just showcasing the E3 2014 games (but with gameplay footage this time).
Well I don't know about gameplay footage but I expect 2-3 2016& beyond trailers to be shown

Hopefully MS have games to release throughout the whole year next year

Spring
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War Remaster
Summer
  • Scalebound
  • Alan Wake Remasterd
Fall
  • Crackdown
  • Gears of War 4
  • Forza Horizon 3

I think Scalebound will get delayed to summer or maybe fall 2016, depending on the lineup. Ntkrnl did say early 2016 but now Quantum Break has been delayed and there's a good amount of other games releasing early 2016 aswell, so they may want to avoid that and give it some time on its own.

March/April - Quantum break with Alan Wake Remaster preorder bonus

May - Banjo or whatever Rare is working on.. Don't have a clue when this will be released but May would be 2 years 1 month since KSR.. Really just tossed it in since I don't see it coming out this year, and don't know where else it'd go.

June - Alan Wake Remaster standalone & Scalebound(Maybe early July?)

July - Joe Montana 16

September/October - Forza Horizon 3 & Crackdown

November - Gears 4

That seems like a solid lineup to me for 2016. Phantom Dust somewhere in the summer if that's still in development too.

Very reasonable and expected line-up. I do wonder if MS is going to push for more original IP from some of their studios in the future.

I would probably push Rare's game to this year, and depending on what Press Play and Twisted Pixel is doing, and the size of their games, it could fit into a big game timeslot

I doubt it'd be this year

They already have Forza 6, Rise, Halo 5 for the Fall there's a reason they moved Quantum Break to the spring which was to give it room from the other releases.

Releasing Gears this year would be weird, considering the games they already have for the fall line-up. At the best they would go for a open beta this fall to lead into a early Spring release.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Thanks for adding me on the train!

CBOAT should be unbanned soon no? I hope he comes back with a vengeance.

Why?

I want in on the train!

Damn, I'm dying to see Forza 6. Actually, I don't care what it looks like. All I care about is what it SOUNDS like and what new features/content it will have.

Nick Wiswell, do me proud sir, do me proud...

veRTlVY.jpg

Nick seems like a really cool guy, I would love to see another behind the scenes for Forza Motorsport. Helios? :D

blakep267

They already have Forza 6, Rise, Halo 5 for the Fall there's a reason they moved Quantum Break to the spring which was to give it room from the other releases.
Quantum break most likely isn't ready, not that it's done and they are just giving it took to breathe.

And there's 4 months between e3 and when halo 5 comes out. Plenty of time to release a game. Gears isn't like sunset. It's not gonna get overlooked when released close to other big games

Plus why release 2 gears games in 1 year. Assuming gears 4 is a holiday 16 title. Also that internal beta was being done in February or March. It doesn't make much sense took it that early then delay it for a year.

I wonder if Top Gear are still doing Forza this year, what with the Clarkson scandal and subsequent fallout.

Edit -

I don't know why people are clamoring for the return of CBOAT. His last few posts were like that of a crazed Sony fanboy with the stereotypical anti-MS slant, and completely worthless.

Leaks suck anyway, for all the consoles. It's the biggest gaming show on the calendar and lasts a mere 90 minutes. I don't know why gamers want it spoiled.

Chris1

Very reasonable and expected line-up. I do wonder if MS is going to push for more original IP from some of their studios in the future.

I would probably push Rare's game to this year, and depending on what Press Play and Twisted Pixel is doing, and the size of their games, it could fit into a big game timeslot

Yeah I'm not sure where Rare's game will be released, this year would make sense since it's their 30th anniversary, but I'm worried about it being overshadowed by other games, then again at the same time it could maybe hold it's own since it's targeting a different demographic than most of the other games releasing this fall and would give MS a family friendly title for the holidays. I fully expect their smaller title (battletoads) to be released this year though.

miiiguel

Awesome. Who would say Xbox is the one #4theplayers ?

It's a pitty the media and gamers got too on board with Sony's rethoric, that coupled with a seriously lack of liquidity meant they wont bother much, they just cash-in.

Phil alluded to moving games out of 2015 because they had so much, QB is a new IP and they don't want it to get caught in the holiday crush when they already have a lot of other games.

Gears is their second biggest franchise (before and after acquisition) and is a name that will be well recognised amongst the holiday shuffle as well as not likely needing to sell multi-millions as its a remaster and makes perfect sense to slot into that line-up. It also makes sense when you look at what they did with Halo last year, rinse and repeat that pattern

Theres no way Gears Remaster isn't this year.

Hopefully MS have games to release throughout the whole year next year

Spring
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War Remaster
Summer
  • Scalebound
  • Alan Wake Remasterd
Fall
  • Crackdown
  • Gears of War 4
  • Forza Horizon 3

I'm thinking Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown are all released prior to E3 2016. Micorsoft typically teases a game at one E3, shows gameplay at the next and then releases it prior to the one following. Gears Remaster will probably be this year.

Holiday 2016: Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Rare's new game, others.

2016 will be awesome for Xbox owners though.

2015:
September: Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza 6
October: Halo 5 Guardians
November: Gears Remastered

Alan Wake Remastered somewhere in 2015 or releases with Quantum Break as the preorder bonus

Q1: Quantum Break
Spring/Q2: Scalebound and Joe Montana NFL 2017 (assuming 2016 is real and happens)
Q3: Rare
Holiday/Q4: Crackdown, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 (changed my mind on that) probably something else

Cavalier

Banned
This year is going to be insane for Xbox One. BRING IT

What'll make this conference even sweeter is if they announce new exclusives besides the ones that we already know about and heard about for the past year or so.

According to Phil he'll be talking about some "platform features" at E3. Not sure what that means exactly since it could be a few things, but I'd say windows 10 will be apart of that talk.

That's what I'm expecting to hear more about as well. Considering Xbox One will be running on Windows 10 very soon, they do need to address this at some point. As long as this W10 talk doesn't span over half of the conference, it'll be fine.

Sorry for the late update guys.

Sign me up too please!

wbarreda

2015:
September: Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza 6
October: Halo 5 Guardians
November: Gears Remastered

Alan Wake Remastered somewhere in 2015 or releases with Quantum Break as the preorder bonus

Q1: Quantum Break
Spring/Q2: Scalebound and Joe Montana NFL 2017 (assuming 2016 is real and happens)
Q3: Rare
Holiday/Q4: Crackdown, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 (changed my mind on that) probably something else

Flip Rise and Gears and it is money.

Also, what does a brother have to do to get on that hype train?

FordGTGuy

Banned
I don't know why people are clamoring for the return of CBOAT. His last few posts were like that of a crazed Sony fanboy with the stereotypical anti-MS slant, and completely worthless.

Leaks suck anyway, for all the consoles. It's the biggest gaming show on the calendar and lasts a mere 90 minutes. I don't know why gamers want it spoiled.

Exactly why I asked him why... lol

I wonder if Top Gear are still doing Forza this year, what with the Clarkson scandal and subsequent fallout.

Edit -

Exactly. CBOAT is all but useless now. I don't know if if buy this conspiracy nonsense about how his account was "compromised" but I do know that whatever goodwill he garnered by being right in the past he has completely used up by being a straight idiot with his most recent posts.

Leflus

Can't wait for E3!

My wishlist:
1. Banjo-Kazooie (I still really really want this to happen, but I don't think Rare or anyone else is working on BK atm. At least I've got Yooka-Laylee to look forward to)

2. PGR5 (or PGR in the vein of Killer Instinct 2013. Start out with a select number of courses and flesh it out through multiple "seasons". Also has a F2P option with rotating car classes and limited content)

3. New IPs

4. Fable IV (would be an awesome reveal if they came out at E3 and said that Fable Legends is actually the multiplayer component in Fable IV: Legends)

5. Gears 4

1, 2 and 4 are unlikely, but man would I be happy if all of them happened.

keit4

Banned
Can't wait for E3!

My wishlist:
1. Banjo-Kazooie (I still really really want this to happen, but I don't think Rare or anyone else is working on BK atm. At least I've got Yooka-Laylee to look forward to)

2. PGR5 (or PGR in the vein of Killer Instinct 2013. Start out with a select number of courses and flesh it out through multiple "seasons". Also has a F2P option with rotating car classes and limited content)

3. New IPs

4. Fable IV (would be an awesome reveal if they came out at E3 and said that Fable Legends is actually the multiplayer component in Fable IV: Legends)

5. Gears 4

1, 2 and 4 are unlikely, but man would I be happy if all of them happened.

I think that BK is a thing. A lot of people from MS Studios have been hinting at it. Also, Lionhead is working on a new IP, so don't expect Fable IV.

Choo choo.

Gimme a new Viva Pinata.

"B-B-But the MS conference thread is still open mods!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom