• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Event Jan 24: No Reason To Believe It's A Next Gen Announcement

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
tumblr_m72a8jodpu1rvekpuha.gif

lol

PG2G

We are probably going to see a "future vision" video similar to what is out there for TellMe and Office.

UraMallas

I would think they would broadcast a stream on Live for the next Xbox reveal. I don't see anything about that on that announcement or on my dashboard and that's less than a week away.

i doubt it. if durango is there, i bet it would be behind closed doors to a select few people and that's it.

M$ knows they have to come correct with announcing durango. They'll need games running on hardware and all that stuff. Near e3 sounds more feasible. I think the countdown from majornelson is what we should go by

this will probably end in horrendous disappointment because they won't be showing any next console stuff, if they do color me surprised lol

Izayoi

Banned
Nothing will come out of it. Microsoft would be hyping it differently, and I doubt they'd take time away from the 720 with boring shit like what they've mentioned - unless they're outright lying, which could be a possibility too. You'd think that they would want to build hype for it, though.

JoshHood

Guys, this is obviously an event for the Surface Pro which releases that day - there may be the tiniest of mentions in the speech, but that'll be it.

the surface event kind of came out of nowhere.

Maybe this could be next gen debut but who knows. MS have a lot of events and they have a lot of products.

wwm0nkey

Anyone else here willing to bet that this ends with "and join us on -radom date- to get your first look at the next generation on gaming"

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just want a release date on Office 2013 and Ballmer dancing like Ballmer on stage while he announces that the NBA is coming back to Seattle.

ryamkajr

Banned
We have teammembers going to this.

THERE IS NO NEXT-GEN ANNOUNCEMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.

There may be some conceptual stuff presented, but anything comcrete re: Durango is not the focus, direct or indirect, of this event.

Stop the hype train now.

Top Bottom