• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
<-Snaga, the filthy

RPGCrazied

Looks really fun, and the reviews look good. I'm a big LOTR fan. While I could get the PS3 version next month, think I shall wait until I get my PS4 to play the game. Going to wait until Black Friday for that.

Only thing from the review I saw didn't saw how long the game was, and it looked very light on side quests.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I doubt MS would let it be 720/30. They seem to be phoning up devs and making them fix it for high profile releases. I know this isn't the biggest launch of the year or anything but it seems to have gone up a lot, after the good reviews.

What if that is the best the machine can do? I don't get statements like this. There are limitations as to what you can do without lowering other things. I for one would rather have a stable framerate and no screen tearing than having them force something that will break the box.

lmbotiva

Its crazy but im most interested on the DF article than the game itself, have the game preordered on ps4 but waiting on framerate veredict to see if i keep it or switch it to PC

Isn't most of the footage we've seen PS4 footage?
ah sorry, haven't followed it

Any video review will be of the PS4 version.

Here's 2:

IGN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OOd1SrDDH0
Gametrailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmf0THT0LV0

Than you. Will watch

You mean anything in addition the hours and hours of footage that is posted all over youtube?

haha, again, haven't followed it much. I've seen footage but i don't know what version.

Edit: Well, looks great on all platforms.

El-Suave

Depending on how I use the Umlaut in my last name, I have the choice of being:

Barash, the beast, Uruk of Mordor
or
Lughorn, the vicious, Uruk of Mordor

My copy is in the mail, should arrive tomorrow or the day after - really looking forward to playing this.

What if that is the best the machine can do? I don't get statements like this. There are limitations as to what you can do without lowering other things. I for one would rather have a stable framerate and no screen tearing than having them force something that will break the box.
I know that. What I'm saying is that MS doesn't seem to want to take that for an answer. Many high profile releases so far that have been better on PS4 pre-release has caused MS to contact the devs to "help" them try and achieve parity.

Maybe through use of the XB1's unique architecture that the devs didn't really think about, or by telling them which things to scale downwards without really impacting visual quality.

Facism

is there more than the map i've been seeing in the videos? More areas is what i mean :) I might be getting mah ps4 this week and seeing as my pc cpu is below min spec i'm still hopefully picking this up

Xando

is there more than the map i've been seeing in the videos? More areas is what i mean :) I might be getting mah ps4 this week and seeing as my pc cpu is below min spec i'm still hopefully picking this up

There are 2 open world areas and several small mission areas as far as i know.

Kssio_Aug

Welp. No.

IDK how i want to approach the nemesis system. tempted to pick off the leader's minion one by one until i can send threats and just power lvl the leaders up or just kill the leaders off first lol. I want to keep a log of my game but let's be real. that's not going to happen ;P

Signed,

Ronkûrz, from the pit - Uruk of Mordor.

Loxley

It's funny how earlier in the thread (before the reviews started hitting) everyone was saddened by how little traction this thread was getting despite the game only being days from release. Since the reviews hit however, this thread hasn't lost steam and I can barely keep up with it.

Pretty cool.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Lagûrz, the hobbled - Uruk of Mordor

I feel it is mocking an old rubgy injury...

IvorB

The whole nemesis / background AI stuff is typically something I would expect to be programmed for Cloud computing.

Wait... did you actually buy into the whole cloud thing?

Fantasy <> RPG.

Following that line of thought, if you make a strategy game in a fantasy setting, it isn't a strategy game but a rpg! If you make a graphic adventure of Lotr, it's a rpg??

Yeah I know this. I meant to say fantasy not RPG.

Lord Phol

IDK how i want to approach the nemesis system. tempted to pick off the leader's minion one by one until i can send threats and just power lvl the leaders up or just kill the leaders off first lol. I want to keep a log of my game but let's be real. that's not going to happen ;P

Signed,

Ronkûrz, from the pit - Uruk of Mordor.

Oh man that would be a fantastic feature for a sequel, having the game log your deeds like a story that you can share.

Meader

Anyone else in the UK order from The Game Collection? Got a dispatched notification this morning despite it not being out til Friday!

Top Bottom