• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 delayed to 'Spring 2016'

Do you care about online modes in this game? Did you back this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Can anyone who eagerly backed this and is now pissed off that the game's not out yet shed some light on exactly why you're disappointed?

For me Kickstarter stuff is very much throwing a few bucks at something that you wanna play down the line "whenever." If you wanted it then, how can you really not want it now? If the fuckin' thing comes out in 2020 I won't care, I'll still download it and play it. What's the big deal what arbitrary day it comes out?

Hasney

Can anyone who eagerly backed this and is now pissed off that the game's not out yet shed some light on exactly why you're disappointed?

For me Kickstarter stuff is very much throwing a few bucks at something that you wanna play down the line "whenever." If you wanted it then, how can you really not want it now? If the fuckin' thing comes out in 2020 I won't care, I'll still download it and play it. What's the big deal what arbitrary day it comes out?

Because people want to play it and the fact it's held back because of damn netcode is laughable.

Honestly surprised anyone actually wants it after that demo though...

Speaking personally, it's because the game was due out over a year ago and they've done a really awful job of explaining anything. The first delay was leaked by a retailer instead of Comcept telling backers right away. Also, they tried ANOTHER Kickstarter for an animated series, a spin off game, and a movie for that spin off game. The game isn't even fucking out yet and they keep pushing it like it's a tried and true, beloved franchise. They should be focusing on just getting MN9 out and seeing how it does.

Also, having online modes isn't important to me so having it delayed for that sucks too.

Maxim726X

As a backer, I feel as if the team is incompetent. I don't know if that's a fair criticism, or if all of these delays are really due to netcode or something of the like. I just know that I put money into something that seems to have been mishandled, and it kinda sucks.

If the final product isn't very good, I'll never back him again.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Interesting responses... I guess I really just couldn't care less if or why it's delayed and when it was supposed to or is supposed to be out. I suppose I hope it doesn't suck, but I'm not even really banking that on a conditional "well as long as it's good then the delays were worth it."

Really all I care is that it comes out and that it is a game... I backed it for the provenance and concept--things change a lot from Idea On A Page to finished work. Kickstarter ain't a preorder.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I respect your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more about MN9 feeling 'right.' Gunvolt, sure, but MN9 feels atrocious.

Been playing Mega Man since X hit the SNES and then spent plenty of time with the classics that came before.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being someone who grew up with the original Mega Man games who thought that X felt weird.

Sagroth

I cannot even begin to fathom the shitstorm if the game is delayed yet again. I mean, what could their excuse even possibly be?

Are we still under radio silence?

Out of curiosity, how does refunds on Kickstarter work?

I've never done a kickstarter, but I can only imagine that at some point, something is going to backfire spectacularly.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I've never done a kickstarter, but I can only imagine that at some point, something is going to backfire spectacularly.

Kickstarter is an investment. You're not getting a cent back unless they miraculously cancel the game and refund everyone.

That being said, I backed pretty hard and wish I could get a refund. ;_;

You can request a refund but, good luck. Ultimately it will be up to the project runners to decide whether to give one to you or not.

mnannola

This is either getting another delay, or is going to be pushed out in a barely functioning state. At least that is how the communication seems.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This thread popped up and for a moment, I thought there was another delay.

I still think the game looks fun, so... I'm still excited.

ロックマン;207365432 said:
Well..apparently my copy just shipped. I even have a tracking code for it showing it was shipped. I don't know what's going on but I'll keep you guys updated.

It begins.

I can't remember what I'm suppose to get with the $250 I backed it with >.<

Everyone got a real life experience to be a suit at a video game publisher.

"Hey, Inafune, is the game ready yet?"
"NO"
"Well, uh, can you just not do that feature? No one really seems to want it."
"NO I'M GOING TO"
"Okay, but what if you didn't bother with the transmedia stuff? Let's let the IP get some recognition first."
"NO I'M DOING IT NOW"
"...okay."

Phamit

The game has a v-sync option on Ps4, because it has Framerate problems, well maybe not only because framerate probs, but it has dips

Maybe there is still a day one patch coming

Top Bottom