• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

Speaking of Kaz Hirai

5af5f7bda6d0c75f834038020d5466dd.png
JESUS.
Im going to parrot someone from the review thread.

How's the online stuff/thing that resulted in a game delay?
Honestly I wouldn't know if it had multiplayer cuz the game is doing it's best to hide it. I think you have unlock it by beating the game.

Acidyl

And ... my code doesn't work. So now I'll have to go through trouble to get access to a bad game. Thank you Comcept!

FHIZ

And ... my code doesn't work. So now I'll have to go through trouble to get access to a bad game. Thank you Comcept!
Same. I feel like it's either just a bum code or they sent the wrong region. To be honest, I don't know how much I give a fuck. Might just let this one go and accept my loss.

Zomba13

Ok, it's pretty much 7pm (UK) now, Steam usually has stuff go up at around 6pm but it's still not up for download. I've restarted Steam to make sure. On the plus side got the Steam code for the Ray DLC.

You know your reputation has hit rock bottom when even the Sonic people are mocking your output.

The person who running the Sonic Twitter account is a very saucy person who regularly makes fun of Sonic's reputation himself. Still, I think this tweet might have been better untweeted. Making fun of yourself is one thing, but making fun of another company's product is questionable, even if it'll earn you a lot of Internet points.

Parsnip

Ok, it's pretty much 7pm (UK) now, Steam usually has stuff go up at around 6pm but it's still not up for download. I've restarted Steam to make sure. On the plus side got the Steam code for the Ray DLC.

Prepare to wait a few days for the retail box to be out.

Finished a few stages (including Ray's DLC stage).

Honestly, I was expecting much worse, but so far it's been...okay (unless it somehow gets worse the further I go). =/

At least the soundtrack is good, and I like the dashing mechanic.

Played about half the game on ps4 so far. I actually kinda like it, its not as bad as I was expecting, lol. No tech issues either so far.

AdanVC

Freaking Sonic hahaha. Honestly he is not in a spot to show off like this considering their latest games have been absolute shit but this is funny anyways omfg.

It's definitely not so much the latter. Go back and play MM2/3 or early MMX games. Even once you set nostalgia behind, the whole reason you developed nostalgia in the first place was whip-smart, interesting level design with some interactions with powers gained from various bosses.

MN9's level design isn't as strong as that, and the muddled visual design (compared, to, say, MM2's constantly-on-point design) only compounds the issues.

Well, I replay MM2-5 twice a year, and just went through the Capcom collection earlier this year. There's a reason why the classic games are my favorite games, but at this point where I can play them all by muscle memory without even looking at the screen in some cases I feel my objectivity may be somewhat compromised :p

Man, when even Sonic is able to go in on you, you know you dun fucked up

Edit:

rppx8BR.jpg

We know who really put the hit out

B_Bech

Brandish stage is janky as fuck. The problem with having to beat enemies with the dash is that you will overshoot the cars and instadie on the street. Whoever thought putting those bomber robots just out reach needs to play in traffic. Not to mention the boss has an insanely strong attack that I have yet to figure out how to dodge.

This does not feel play tested for fun.

Played about half the game on ps4 so far. I actually kinda like it, its not as bad as I was expecting, lol. No tech issues either so far.
I think the PS4/XBO versions are the best running. I hear the Ray DLC messes up the PS4 version but *shrug*
Steam and Wii U versions are known to crash.

Malajax

I played about an hour. It's alright. I seem to be terrible at it since I only got past the intro and Mighty No 2.

But it's alright.

RedFox85

I don't really see what all the hate for this game is about.. this game is megaman as hell. I just spent an hour with the steam version and I genuinely enjoyed myself. I think the art direction could have been allot better but that is my only complaint. The characters have style but the way they chose to render them is.. not great. Everything in the game has this shiny plastic look but the art/concept drawings look well done. The game would have worked better with a 2d hand drawn or sprite style instead of what we got. The soundtrack so far is pretty rad as well I have been playing with 8 bit tunes but will do another play with the regular to compare.

I understand people being upset about delays and kickstarter drama but I am happy with what I have played. Beck is a pretty cool character and I could easily see him as a compliment to the Mega/Zero team in that he has his own unique play mechanics while having the base mechanics of those two. The dash mechanic is hella fun and I like zipping through the levels and dodging obstacles. I always played Megaman games at a faster pace so I think that's why I like this in particular, I was always more of a MMX fan so this game works really well for me.

I miss the wall grab/climb from the MMX titles as Becks ledge grab just isn't as reliable and there have been a few times where I am like the tiniest hair away from being able to grab the corner and I just have to fall into a pit instead. I think this is a trade off however for infinite air dash.. so I get it. FWIW I am playing the game with a SNES pad, I don't know if that matters or not but I like the DPAD allot and it works really well here. I wonder what the ratio of people actually playing the game to people just blasting it actually is because as stated numerous times what I am playing isn't offensive in the least and is actually a fun MMX inspired title.

NathanS

It's definitely not so much the latter. Go back and play MM2/3 or early MMX games. Even once you set nostalgia behind, the whole reason you developed nostalgia in the first place was whip-smart, interesting level design with some interactions with powers gained from various bosses.

MN9's level design isn't as strong as that, and the muddled visual design (compared, to, say, MM2's constantly-on-point design) only compounds the issues.

I love MM2, it level design is far from always on point. Metal Man's stage has tons of unused space, a really strange situation early on where you deal with the more complex version of something first (crushers + moving floor, then you deal with crushers alone. ) You have to use weapons or pausing unpausing to not take damage going up the very first ladder screen with pips in Crashman's level, not to mention the rather dull "stand on a platform to get the ladder " sections. And of course there's the infamous "crash bomb wall." That's off the top of my head. So far MN9's been at least as on point as MM2 from what I've played.

MicH

Watching Derrick from GameXplain streaming this on YouTube... It seems to run pretty decent on PS4 at least

Top Bottom