• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

Dr. Buni

Yeah she looks cool, but should've had a more "serious insane" attitude. I kinda imagined her to act like Satsuki Kiriyin from Kill la Kill or a female version of Viral from Gurren (I guess the teeth?).

Havent had the chance to check out the other Numbers.
Would have been better than the awful personality they gave her, for sure. Especially if it was Viral-like.
the new Shantae looks really good
Except for the character design :p The characters look like the came from a bad ecchi anime.

MaLDo

You know, I wanted to give this game a spin and form my own opinion.

But I can't, because apparently the release date is not global.
Who the fuck region locks a fucking Kickstarter game's release date?

They truly deserve all the hate they get for this. Jesus.

Hello,

First we apologize for the inconvenience. We are aware of the problem and we are already in contact with the producer to try to provide a regional key to all those who made the purchase before the regional block .

Once we have an answer we will contact you again.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Meffer

Would have been better than the awful personality they gave her, for sure. Especially if it was Viral-like.

Except for the character design :p The characters look like the came from a bad ecchi anime.
I disagree with you. They're fantastic designs.

Are the frame rates better in the non Wii U versions? Because I'm playing it and it's stuttering constantly. Like, freezing for a moment and continuing, not just dropping frames to 40fps and whatnot. It's kinda horrific.

If they are better in other versions, think they'd let me snag PC codes? Spent sixty bucks on this damn thing... grumble grumble...

Boogiepop

Are the frame rates better in the non Wii U versions? Because I'm playing it and it's stuttering constantly. Like, freezing for a moment and continuing, not just dropping frames to 40fps and whatnot. It's kinda horrific.

If they are better in other versions, think they'd let me snag PC codes? Spent sixty bucks on this damn thing... grumble grumble...

Yeah, the WiiU version is in a bad enough state that they really, really should offer alternate codes to anyone who got that version. Sent them an email about this yesterday as I just want to play the game without needing to deal with a long load after each death, but no response yet...

Thought I would share some pictures of the Beck figure from the Signature Edition because it looks hilariously awful

Cllypl5UYAES5bO.jpg

Cllw3IdUgAAThAp.jpg

CllxDbFUsAAQto2.jpg

Cllx38BWEAEg5NG.jpg

Clly38wVAAETDI_.jpg

Fury451

Banned
Thought I would share some pictures of the Beck figure from the Signature Edition because it looks hilariously awful

Cllypl5UYAES5bO.jpg

Mighty No. 9 dollars spent to produce this figure.

That really sucks, but I don't think you can become a true video game fan until you have at least one cheaply produced piece of crappy memorabilia in your possession.

Mighty No. 9 dollars spent to produce this figure.

That really sucks, but I don't think you can become a true video game fan until you have at least one cheaply produced piece of crappy memorabilia in your possession.

It does, also I forgot to the mention this but this was made in China.

Eusis

It does, also I forgot to the mention this but this was made in China.
Hasn't that been the default assumption for... Longer than most of us have been alive?

I suppose consoles were originally made in Japan or Mexico or wherever, but that's China too now.

Anybody having a problem with the sound? The music seems too damn low(even on maximum) and the voices and sfx are too high. Even after I lower them considerably, I can barely hear the music.

Cllypl5UYAES5bO.jpg

Cllw3IdUgAAThAp.jpg

CllxDbFUsAAQto2.jpg

Cllx38BWEAEg5NG.jpg

Clly38wVAAETDI_.jpg

Not the best, but don't look THAT bad. It could've been worse, like the Agnes figure:

Berordn

There was a brief period of time when I had this edition preordered for PS4 because I was excited to be supporting the game further.

Glad I snapped out of it in time to dodge this bullet.

zhixson

Maybe it's because of the power of minimal to low expectations, but I picked this game up on a whim today and don't totally hate it. In fact, there are patches of time where it's fun zipping around everywhere, and the boss fights have been entertaining (beat Cryo, Ray, Explosionfacegunguy, and dump truck head).
Are there shortcomings? Hell yes. Beck's design blows, the character models are weird, the music is a letdown after the amazing pedigree that was supposed to be behind it (especially after playing the MMLegacy collection over the last week or so with my son), levels look bland in many spots, and there are some odd tech glitches here and there (playing on PS4), but when it hits, the gameplay is great. Hammering the fire button on a boss to try and get it down to that next level to hit it with a dash is super satisfying. It's also cool when
the bosses you've defeated appear in other levels to help you out

I hope it gets a sequel, focuses on maybe a quarter of the target platforms, and works hard to iron out the rough spots.

Now if Bloodstained turns out to be anything other than amazing, I'm gonna be legit sad.

MilkBeard

The build quality looks really cheap, but the paint job on the figure looks alright, at least the face anyway. I've seen way worse.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This kind of shit always happens. Certain people in game studios get so much credit for work that they had little input in get sole credit for a collaborative effort. I see happen so much with producers and designers. Then you see them try to start their own studios and they fail miserably.

Berordn

C'mon man this is hyperbole. Let's not go that far. X7 is almost "your console sets on fire when you play it" tier bad. At least that's what I remember from having tired it out eons ago. 3D sections were just a terrible idea.

I dunno. X7 had decent ideas and some okay moments. I'd even go as far as saying that it holds up better in art style as well.

The game was just a mess the rest of the time and on the whole not very well designed for what it was trying to accomplish.

I think it's apt. On a true 10 scale, I'd rate both a 6/10.

Alright, I spent more time with the game. I've started to come around to it.

I got the CE as well and I really like it. Beck has a cool design. He looks great next to my Mega Man statues! Whatever, man.

I like the retro music much more than the 'normal' score. Some levels are great (Military base) and others are just bad (Mining level).

I like the dashing a lot and Beck controls well. I still don't like the voice acting. It's pretty rough. I just beat all the Mighty Numbers so I am now on the prison level.

I think this game SHOULD have been better, but it's not burning hot garbage like some websites are saying.

It's an okay Mega Man game. I am alright with this.

Playing on PS4, by the way.

Apart from the water level I really like the game so far. I just finished all the mightiy numbers.

Also I tried Ray and shes really fun to play as.

I dunno. X7 had decent ideas and some okay moments. I'd even go as far as saying that it holds up better in art style as well.

The game was just a mess the rest of the time and on the whole not very well designed for what it was trying to accomplish.

I think it's apt. On a true 10 scale, I'd rate both a 6/10.

After an hour with MN9, and given all the insanity that happened prior to it's release, I think I'd be happier in X7 right now. Time to call Axl and apologize for being such a dick to him, I'm not enjoying my time in MN9.

Been playing this awhile and it's definitely not as bad as I was expecting. It's kind of fun actually. It's waaaay better than Mega Man X6/7 and other actual disasters.

Ranmo

It has it's flaws, but the level with
Call
is the best looking and polished level in the game. It's pretty solid imo.

I actually like how it feels too, of course it has it's flaws and this is at a glance, but I'd consider it more than decent.

I'm probably going to be doing some write ups and at least one video on this game. The base for a good game is here, but there's an entire list of problems that I feel really inspired to go over in great detail.

Top Bottom