• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft for New Nintendo 2/3DS is OUT TODAY (in North America)

Vashetti

Banned
Cool and all for people who want it. I'm surprised they took the time to port it though when the 3DS is near end of life.

Wha... I just started playing for the first time in 4 or 5 years like 4 days ago. But I also just go a Vita. Will 3DS get Better Together?

EDIT: Collected some details on the port from the stream:

No multiplayer on launch, but they're looking into it
2016x2016 world size
6-chunk render distance
60fps cap, variable framerate
Based on Pocket Edition 0.15.4

Depending on how much they've cut to get it running, I might actually bite on this. It could be a really good version of the game to have around.

nelo_inc

The 3DS has a beast software lineup, good to see Nintendo and other publishers still producing games for it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If you have the choice buy the Switch version!

Right after I finally buy it for the Switch right....

You bought the right version.

I can't stress this enough. The Switch version is in so it's gonna be part of the Better Together Family. This is the version you want if you have a choice.

In case you guys were interested, my dev studio cohorts are going to be streaming the game on Twitch in a little while. Around 4:00.

twitch.tv/otheroceandev

Apologies if posts like this are not allowed. I'm just happy for them as they worked hard to get it done.

Eolz

Really wonder how they managed to make it run on 3DS...

edit:
In case you guys were interested, my dev studio cohorts are going to be streaming the game on Twitch in a little while. Around 4:00.

twitch.tv/otheroceandev

Apologies if posts like this are not allowed. I'm just happy for them as they worked hard to get it done.

That's awesome!
4 but which timezone? :p

Rolodzeo

twitch.tv/otheroceandev

Do you know if the game will support cross play?

Sorry for the lack of time confirmation. They are getting everything setup right now but should be broadcasting shortly around 4:00pm PST.

Wow Megatron
Any estimates how big the N3DS install base is?

This seems a little late, but still nice get and should extend the 3DS life by a bit

Top Bottom