• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft sales top 100 million

stufte

Well that's a shame... :(

Never followed him on Twitter, now I'm glad I didn't.

Notch is a huge shitposter, but he's not wrong about his original stance on "Mansplaining".

WdQFLAS.png

Remarkable.

But has it seen many meaningful improvements since the first two years (that's when I followed it). It seemed like the updates tended to add more "stuff" (creatures, ingredients, recipes, mechanics like enchanting, etc.) but rarely anything I cared much about.

I read they did some graphical performance improvements in the last year, maybe?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, with all of the constant references to Lego, there's a tremendous underselling of the feeling of a living world that provides amazing exploration all around. I know I've spent hundreds of hours just getting lost in new seeds and setting up countless bases with my daughter as we roam the lands looking for the perfect spots to make our mark. MC is one of the most replayable video games ever made.
But don't you miss an objective or something to do? I mean something that makes sense and has a goal? Because that's why MC can't hold me. I'm always like "why should I build something?"
I probably just don't have that exploration urge...I always need something to archive at the end of an action. The building/exploration alone is not enough for me

That's amazinf how popular it's gotten over the years.
Plus all those videos showing off mods people have made for it, crazy how far it's come visual and gameplay wise..

Major kudos to that franchise.

stufte

My Girls have put easily over 200 hours into the game, I'm not suprised at how well it has done. It's an amazing achievement in games.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

That guy has too much time, no idea what to do with it, too much money than is good for him and should delete his social media accounts ASAP. I felt bad for him for a while after his marriage failed, now I think his wife did good. He's become an unlikeable person. He brought so much joy into the world with his creation and now he's just spreading shit. It's just sad.

I remember when Microsoft acquired Mojang, there were a lot of posts in that first business news thread about how Minecraft fad was over or everyone that wanted Minecraft already had it ;p

chemicals

Bought it like 6 years ago, played for a few hours and got bored of ti.

Somehow managed to let someone pressure me into buying ti again on PS4. Played a few hours and got bored of it.

No idea why this game is so popular

I just knew somebody would say something ignorant before the second page. Carry on, gaf.. All is well.

OmegaFax

I bought Minecraft for Vita last summer and it's probably my favorite/most played game on the console. I've played a lot of different games on the Vita but this one's consistently bought me back. The Wii U and PS4 editions are a nice lean back experience and the Pocket Edition is a fun diversion on the go. Never touched the PC version to this day though >_< ... 100 million is well earned.

Top Bottom