• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

sörine

Banned
Thats literally not true as xenoblade 3D is the proof, anyone who has played the original xenoblade on wii can already tell where the game was downgraded
Most ports of highly customized exclusives are downgraded in one way or another. That doesn't necessarily mean weaker hardware. Is Vita also less powerful than PS2 based it it's own imperfect ports? Are 360 and PS3 weaker than PS2 based on ZOE HD?

n3DS has a much more capable CPU, GPU and almost 4x the RAM over Wii. Specs don't lie.

MS going third party before Nintendo. What a time to be alive

colecovision_donkey_kong_cartridge.jpeg

OEM

If they announce it tomorrow that'd be pretty cool.

If they announce it "available now" gaf would crawl.

How many people do you think on GAF did not buy Minecraft because it wasnt available on Wii U? lol I dont think such an announcement would set GAF on fire slightest.

CNCOMICS

Oh my god.

The real announcement will be that it's Cross Buy and Cross Play with 3DS and has Amiibo support, with an Import Save feature for the upcoming NX version.

It's finally coming Home

Family demographic, Touchscreen controller, Local couch gameplay culture, OffTV play, Complementary Nintendo Games i.e. Mario Maker, MiiVerse, and IR Pointer Control integration, did I miss anything :p

J@hranimo

Banned
Man, it's absolutely CRAZY how this should have been on the console by the latest 2013

and here we are. Crazy times we are living in.

J@hranimo

Banned
Vita/PS4/Xbox One/PS3 versions got released in 2014.

Even MORE of a reason to have had it out before the other current gen consoles. Man...what a fuck up lol. Regardless, this should do something this Holiday when it comes out. Hopefully this will lead to a faster port for NX.

When this comes out I will be the father of the happiest six year old boy in the world, haha. Seriously, Minecraft just feels so perfect for the Wii U, only wish it had come sooner. Really happy to see MS share the Minecraft love and not keep it only to their consoles.

Oersted

Even MORE of a reason to have had it out before the other current gen consoles. Man...what a fuck up lol. Regardless, this should do something this Holiday when it comes out. Hopefully this will lead to a faster port for NX.

PS3 is current gen?

I meant marketing push.

the typo in my original post probably didn't help.

I see. Well Nintendo better. Its easy money for everyone involved.

All the salty "too late" posts don't seem to actually understand what Minecraft is; it's not going anywhere anytime soon so it can arrive late to the party and still make a splash. Unless this is some of that "saving the wii u" rhetoric, which is just delusional.

Isn't it on like 6 more successful platforms in Japan already? Did any of those versions hit 500K/1M? (Outside of PC/iOS/Android)

If you combine all the Playstation versions in Japan I think that adds up to 1 million. What's really telling is one of the Minecraft knockoffs on 3DS has been burning up the digital charts over there. Japan is really thirsty for Minecraft; if it ever gets a 3DS version that one could probably do a million on its own.

Ōkami

Minecraft Vita is close to 700k retail + digital in Japan, it is by far the best selling game on the system.

All versions of the game combined have sold over a million in Japan.

About time, Im glad it seems to be happening, I remember after that rumor from a year or so ago that said it was coming but then another rumor came up saying that it wasnt going to happen. Then Jeb tweeted saying that (not direct quote, I dont want to search through a year or so worth of tweets by him) although Minecraft is not in developement for Wii U, that does not mean it wont happen. And didnt 4Jay studios say that they werent going to make a Wii U version because the console hadnt sold enough yet?

I can not wait for the Nintendo Direct!

Discomurf

Probably just a mistype, no?... it's most likely the Minecraft Story Mode game. Has a release date for that been announced?

I'll chime in. If I can get a cross play version for Wii U to 3DS like how.Vita/Ps4, I'll dip in again.

God damnit I keep on buying minecraft. I think this is beating out RE4 for me now.

Top Bottom