• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MK Player disqualified from tournament, for having a 'pop' at the devs

Bluecondor

This reminds me of when a student of mine got a job with a consulting firm. In his first month on the job, he decided to post something critical about the company on his Twitter page. His criticism was not profane and was just him complaining about the location of his work assignment. He got fired the next day.

bender

What time is it?
AggravatingBlondFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

Bluecondor

Honest question here - I don't mean to insult professional gaming.....

I am trying to wrap my head around Titaniumtigerzz as a professional MK gamer. I have never followed professional gaming, so I don't understand how it works. Is Titaniumtigerzz one of the world's top MK players and/or is he just a professional gamer who competes in high level video game competitions (meaning that he plays MK and other games as well)?

I am trying to think of an analogous example from the NFL. If you are an NFL fan, is this the Tampa Bay Bucs cutting Tom Brady because Brady said something bad about the team in the media or is this the Bucs cutting their punter because the punter spouted off in a media interview?

Keeping with my NFL analogy, if Titaniumtigerzz is the Tom Brady of pro MK gaming, then you would think he could get away with complaining, as the team (company) would not give up on one of the greatest players for making a casual remark. But - if Titaniumtigerzz is the equivalent of a punter, it is really not smart to be running your mouth about the team (company) when there are literally dozens of guys out there who could take your place.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This reminds me of when a student of mine got a job with a consulting firm. In his first month on the job, he decided to post something critical about the company on his Twitter page. His criticism was not profane and was just him complaining about the location of his work assignment. He got fired the next day.
Customer is not employee...

Bluecondor

Customer is not employee...
Ya - my former student was fired from Kirkpatrick & Lockhart (maybe - I can't recall it was several years ago) because he posted something along the lines of "Tough first assignment from my new job at Kirkpatrick & Lockhart. I have been stuck in Newark, New Jersey for weeks."

So - he was fired for posting something critical about his employer.

People are way too sensitive these days so I’m not even slightly surprised. MK has always had severe balance issues and someone jokingly mentions it in a variation name and he gets disqualified/banned? They could of at least told him to change the name or something less drastic imo. Maybe there’s more to this story than we think? Sometimes I think dedicating fighting games to ESports was a very bad idea.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Imagine making a game about ripping your opponents guts out with your bare hands, and you're afraid of some tiddie and the most mildest of meme jokes.
Right, that's what I immediately thought.

That's really lame of them to do that. I saw the title and thought that maybe someone did something really outrageous.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Right, that's what I immediately thought.

That's really lame of them to do that. I saw the title and thought that maybe someone did something really outrageous.
That's video game makers for ya. Among the biggest babies there are. Just think of any other industry and if they would react like this.

On the plus side, at least they didnt go on Twitter. Surprised they didn't out him on the industry's favourite medium.

Yikes, some of you actually think disqualifying that player was ok? Without explaining at all? 🤣
Probably on the same braindead wavelength as these devs.
Adult thing to do: Text the player and ask politely to change the name.
Bitch thing to do: Ban the player without warning because you realize how fucking stupid you'd look explaining to them that a harmless PG-13 joke got your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Killing others in the game is fine. Fatality, which is the most gruesome form of presentation while its an extreme form of mocking the loser, is fine.

But mocking the devs? Dude, you cross the damn line!1!!

I never see so much snowflakes in my life. People in this generation are a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Radrigal

As a fuck you to whoever signed off on this decision, I hope every other pro player in MK11 does the same thing so they would have an empty tournament.

Better he learns the lesson now in some game tournament rather than thinking it's funny or a good idea to criticize an employer or boss later on when he needs to pay bills. 🐣

Better he learns the lesson now in some game tournament rather than thinking it's funny or a good idea to criticize an employer or boss later on when he needs to pay bills. 🐣
Wow. How incredibly gutless of you. So just bow to master, huh? Jesus. How do you look in the mirror having that attitude? Pathetic.

Last edited:

ryan13ts

Normally I'd say it's their own fault, but this is seriously about the most joking, tame dig I could think possible and shouldn't have gotten anyone banned over.

Whoever was bothered that much to the point of banning the guy, they really need to grow thicker skin.

Wow. How incredibly gutless of you. So just bow to master, huh? Jesus. How do you look in the mirror having that attitude? Pathetic.
Nah it's just part of being an adult. Not that it's applicable now since my current boss is pretty chill, but in previous jobs it's pretty easy to see which people get included when layoffs come around. It's okay, to not understand now, you'll find out when you eventually move out of mom and dads house. I'm glad to have a job right now and no debt, but I guess I should feel shame when looking in the mirror because I don't go out of my way to make lame jokes?

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Nah it's just part of being an adult. Not that it's applicable now since my current boss is pretty chill, but in previous jobs it's pretty easy to see which people get included when layoffs come around. It's okay, to not understand now, you'll find out when you eventually move out of mom and dads house. I'm glad to have a job right now and no debt, but I guess I should feel shame when looking in the mirror because I don't go out of my way to make lame jokes?
hmm.....this is gutless thinking though.

Enjay

Banned
Man it suck to have a boss and broken soul.

MMaRsu

Banned
Jesus christ. For a company all about fatalities and grotesque kills, they sure have no fucking sense of humor.

They are also money hungry grabbing cunts so fuck NRS

Top Bottom