• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I always cheered for excellence, but when I do..

jMPdk.jpg

yes, Dos. two. the number of times they beat the Braves.

zulux21

heh... I must have reached my breaking point after they gave up the 5th run... watched that homerun and felt absolutely nothing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feel bad for Mariners fans. They think Justin Smoak has finally stopped sucking and then he shall promptly revert to Justin Smoak come April.

zulux21

The most overrated fucking team out there, enjoy the playoffs I hope you get fucking swept in the first round.
Personally I hope that which ever team wins the central goes to the WS... of course the tigers also happen to be my second favorite team in the AL (White sox are a 10/10 Tigers are like a 6/10 so they are a good distance behind the white sox) Had the white sox been as bad as people expected I would happily be cheering for the tigers right now. Instead I can't be happy the tigers win, and i cant be anything but annoyed with how the white sox have played in their last 8 ( including today) games.

on the plus side the white sox managed to score 4 runs today with out a home run.... I can't honestly remember the last time we did that before today... it's gotta be at least 2 weeks ago.

zulux21

Any sox fan that didn't expect this is an idiot.

as I just said I didn't expect the white sox to score 4 runs with out the aid of a home run... given that every player seems to be swinging for the fence anymore (especially beckham) it's amazing we could get runs with out a home run.

hopefully we can somehow manage to make a comeback and at least tie this up... doubt it but hopefully :/
edit: lead off walk is at least a start... COME ON YOUK!!!!!

zulux21

adam dunn strike out to end the game, calling it right now.
edit: I was wrong and LOLibridge
edit: and the white sox are a game back with 7 to go... I would say that 1 game will soon be two but I wouldn't be surprised if this stupid team came alive against the rays just because their record is over .500 :/

see5harp

Dear God Matt Cain is going to lead us to the promised land. 4 errors, man on 1st and 3rd with no outs and Matty gets us out of the inning.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Personally I hope that which ever team wins the central goes to the WS... of course the tigers also happen to be my second favorite team in the AL (White sox are a 10/10 Tigers are like a 6/10 so they are a good distance behind the white sox) Had the white sox been as bad as people expected I would happily be cheering for the tigers right now. Instead I can't be happy the tigers win, and i cant be anything but annoyed with how the white sox have played in their last 8 ( including today) games.

on the plus side the white sox managed to score 4 runs today with out a home run.... I can't honestly remember the last time we did that before today... it's gotta be at least 2 weeks ago.

I can kind of understand being a two team fan when the team's are in different leagues, but the same division? Wat

see5harp

Best pitcher on the squad.

That much is clear by now, but he seemed to be struggling a little bit as of late. Do you think Zito will have a starting role in the playoffs? I still remember him with that miserable 2010 season and really feeling sorry for him. I think he sorta earned the spot this year. It's tough to think that Lincecum would be left off, but I almost think he's a liability in a starting spot.

zulux21

I can kind of understand being a two team fan when the team's are in different leagues, but the same division? Wat

I grew up in illinois and went to collage in michigan. I'm always a white sox fan first, but I enjoyed rooting for the tigers when the white sox were out of it with my college buddies and grew to like the tigers.

don't get me wrong, I don't own any tigers gear, everything is white sox gear the tigers are a distant second for teams I like, but if you really want to have your head hurt, I like KC as well lol (the twins and indians can go suck an egg though) The main reason I like KC though is billy butler. I watched him in spring training before he debuted and knew he was someone to watch and thus I continue to watch him lol.

In general to find sports interesting I need to have a team to root for, so over the years I have picked baseball teams to root for and they have a ranking in my head so if they go face to face I know who to root for. It's not the norm I know, but hey I always like to be different.

zulux21

Nationals 3B Coach Bo Porter is the new Astros manager. There will be a press conference tomorrow.

is it wrong for me to feel bad for Bo Porter... I can't help but feel given the nats vs astros even the manager of the astros is a lower position than the third base coach of the nats ><;

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 26

CURRENT PLAYOFF TEAMS

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
was.png
cin.png
sf.png
atl.png

American League

EAST
LEADER: Yankees
MAGIC NUMBER: 6
Code:
             W         L         GB
Yankees      90        65        ---
Orioles      89        67        1.5
Rays         85        70        5.0

CENTRAL
LEADERS: Tigers
MAGIC NUMBER: 7
Code:
             W         L         GB
Tigers       83        72        ---
White Sox    82        73        1.0

WEST
LEADER: Rangers
MAGIC NUMBER: 5
Code:
             W         L         GB
Rangers      91        64        ---
Athletics    88        67        3.0
Angels       86        69        5.0

WILD CARD
LEADERS: Orioles/Athletics
#1 MAGIC NUMBER: 5
#2 MAGIC NUMBER: 6
Code:
             W         L         GB
Orioles      89        67       +1.0
Athletics    88        67        ---
Angels       86        69        2.0
Rays         85        70        3.0
White Sox    82        73        6.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Rangers - 7 (1 v OAK, 3 v LAA, 3 @ OAK)

Yankees - 7 (4 @ TOR, 3 v BOS)

Tigers - 7 (1 v KC, 3 @ MIN, 3 @ KC)

Orioles - 6 (OFF, 3 v BOS, 3 @ TB)

Athletics - 7 (1 @ TEX, 3 v SEA, 3 v TEX)

Angels - 7 (1 v SEA, 3 @ TEX, 3 @ SEA)

Rays - 7 (4 @ CWS, 3 v BOS)

White Sox - 7 (4 v TB, 3 @ CLE)

National League

EAST
LEADER: Nationals
MAGIC NUMBER: 4
Code:
             W         L         GB
Nationals    94        61        ---
Braves       90        65        4.0

NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
cin.png

NL WEST CHAMPIONS
sf.png

NL WILD CARD CHAMPIONS
atl.png

#2 LEADER: Cardinals
MAGIC NUMBER: 4
Code:
             W         L         GB
Braves       90        65       +6.5
Cardinals    84        72        ---
Brewers      80        75        3.5
Dodgers      80        75        3.5
Diamondbacks 78        77        5.5
Phillies     78        77        5.5

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Nationals - 7 (1 @ PHI, 3 @ STL, 3 v PHI)

Reds - 7 (1 v MIL, 3 @ PIT, 3 @ STL)

Giants - 7 (1 v ARI, 3 @ SD, 3 @ LAD)

Braves - 7 (1 v MIA, 3 v NYM, 3 @ PIT)

Cardinals - 6 (OFF, 3 v WAS, 3 v CIN)

Brewers - 7 (1 @ CIN, 3 v HOU, 3 v SD)

Dodgers - 7 (1 @ SD, 3 v COL, 3 v SF)

Diamondbacks - 7 (1 @ SF, 3 v CHC, 3 v COL)

Phillies - 7 (1 v WAS, 3 @ MIA, 3 @ WAS)

That much is clear by now, but he seemed to be struggling a little bit as of late. Do you think Zito will have a starting role in the playoffs? I still remember him with that miserable 2010 season and really feeling sorry for him. I think he sorta earned the spot this year. It's tough to think that Lincecum would be left off, but I almost think he's a liability in a starting spot.

I'm not sure if I trust Zito that much, but if the matchups are right I could see him starting a game, or maybe as a long reliever (idk about that though). Lincecum is a huge liability right now. Voggy is picking it back up, Cain looks good, Bum is great, Zito is doing ok. The only one I'm truly nervous of is Lincecum. Its weird typing that out.

see5harp

Only the third catcher in history to have 100 ribs in a season. That's sorta hard to believe when you look back at all of the great catchers. Damn congrats Buster. This is basically only his 2nd season! Incredible I hope he pulls a chipper and never leaves.

zulux21

Only the third catcher in history to have 100 ribs in a season. That's sorta hard to believe when you look back at all of the great catchers. Damn congrats Buster. This is basically only his 2nd season! Incredible I hope he pulls a chipper and never leaves.

i know Carlton Fisk was one of the others... who is the last one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom