• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new Rays stadium has been proposed in Northern St pete , looks pretty sweet if it happens.

raysnewstadium.jpg

raysnewstadium2.png

It's not like people are going to show up.

When I see these stadium concepts they hurt so bad. Like the Freemont concept that the big boxes destroyed. Is their a comprehensive rays stadium site like newballpark.org?

Blearth

Banned
Citi Field’s smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets. Of the 46 home runs this year that would not have cleared the old wall, 21 were hit by New York, according to figures compiled by the team … Visiting homers went up to 88, a boost from 81 in 2009, 47 the following season and 58 last year. It was the highest total against the Mets since 91 at Shea Stadium in 2001.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/28/citi-fields-closer-fences-helped-the-opposition-more/

Oh, Mets!

Jangocube

Banned
I would like to take this time to apologize to the Red Sox and their fans on behalf of the Orioles organization. What happened last year was cruel, and I'm sorry that we celebrated like we won the World Series after we won the last game of the season.

Please continue to suck for our upcoming series against each other, and when next season comes along, I'll love you long time. Thanks

I would like to take this time to apologize to the Red Sox and their fans on behalf of the Orioles organization. What happened last year was cruel, and I'm sorry that we celebrated like we won the World Series after we won the last game of the season.

Please continue to suck for our upcoming series against each other, and when next season comes along, I'll love you long time. Thanks

Shit, just shove their teeth back into the curb and move on. Nothing is more delicious than Sox tears and misery.

I hope they sweep y'all. It would be poetic justice.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt they want anything to do with St. Pete, no matter how nice the stadium is.

More than likely this.

Plus, with a baseball team it'd be kind of silly to try to get a stadium without a decent view of either the bay or the gulf. Having to drive to St. Pete is just annoying right now, especially when you hit highway intersections. I expect the new stadium to be more on inland Tampa Bay.

hemtae

Shit, just shove their teeth back into the curb and move on. Nothing is more delicious than Sox tears and misery.

The chance for tears and misery were earlier in the season. Now all I kinda want is to spite the the Yankees but I'll take the Rangers losing in the World Series again.

But just for that I hope we find a way to Dodgers you for Felix this off season.

Chuck

Still without luck
EVERYONE:

Don't forget about the MLB-Age IRC channel, filled everyone’s favorite posters from this very thread! Lurkers are welcome too! The easiest way to join is through the browser-based Mibbit, but there are also clients listed below.

Mibbit Link: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-age&server=irc.wiicafe.com

Info for IRC clients:

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: X-Chat Aqua (highly recommend), Linkinus
Browser: http://mibbit.com (MLB-Age link above)

iOS: Colloquy, Rooms
ANDROID: andChat, AndroIRC

(If you need any help with any of the clients, PM me here on GAF and I’ll try to help you out.)

Come join the conversation! ...and don’t join for 2 seconds and leave. It’s IRC, you should leave it open for a few minutes and see what happens. While you’re watching the game on your laptop, just leave Mibbit open in another browser and check back from time to time. Or, have a tiny client running in the background.

It’s always better with more people, so please join us in the MLB-Age IRC for the last week of the season and the playoffs!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One year ago the Rays were part of the best day ever in the history of baseball.

Would be nice if they could make another run again this year. Damn Red Sox are completely useless.

ToxicAdam

This may be beating a dead horse, but I can't get over how bad the new SBN layout is. I understand that websites ar supposed to get perpetually worse as they age, but they really took a big step forward.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
This may be beating a dead horse, but I can't get over how bad the new SBN layout is. I understand that websites ar supposed to get perpetually worse as they age, but they really took a big step forward.
it still has a vertical news layout, so its fine with me. At least it isn't like the verge where its all over the place.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Cardinals, if you don't capitalize on this I will be quite upset. Though I am glad Edwin is helping the correct cause.

EDIT: Nice run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom