• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If they have to release a Monster Hunter game on Switch, better be a proper game and not this Generations stuff. Something with a G rank...

Imagine thinking this isnt a "proper" MH game...lol.

Gimme that sweet sweet switch version you fucks

I wonder how much they could improve the switch version over the 3ds version....

squall23

Wouldn't a Switch version have a super cluttered HUD? Also, how does one use Hunter Arts without a second screen? I mean, I'm sure there's a way, but I'm on O3DS so it's the only way I can do it.

CvxUTLJUAAEhpCu.jpg:large

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX/

Wouldn't a Switch version have a super cluttered HUD? Also, how does one use Hunter Arts without a second screen? I mean, I'm sure there's a way, but I'm on O3DS so it's the only way I can do it.

Hmm i got around this on WiiU by having the gamepad on MH3U

Plus the hud is highly customizable nowadays

But yes i hope they take the HD resolution into account when they make the switch version

I imagine they will

JimPanzer

Well Monster Hunter worked on one screen before (PSP) and the switch has more buttons than a normal 3DS. At least 6 more in fact: left and right bumper and the 4 d-pad like buttons, which aren't needed for camera control anymore because we have a second stick.

Well Monster Hunter worked on one screen before (PSP) and the switch has more buttons than a normal 3DS. At least 6 more in fact: left and right bumper and the 4 d-pad like buttons, which aren't needed for camera control anymore because we have a second stick.

You can setup the 3ds Version to have the entire UI on the upper screen even now

They never took that off the table

PokéKong

Every new monster made with the high standards in animation quality from 3-onwards has been a joy to experience, and I was especially hoping to see more monsters with a Gore Magala-like structure so this is great. Plus 4U and Gen were sorely lacking the Barioth, I really look forward to fighting that again in the current engine.

As for the deviant Diabolos... well, it better have some darn cool gear to be worth facing again.

And it's a given that most armor will be getting new G rank equivalent sets, right? I was a big fan of all the flagship monster sets at first but most of the skills they gave left something to be desired.

Anteo

Mhgen has a bigger monster selection than other base monster hunter games. You probably feel that way about monster hp because there's no g rank but a lot of monsters in fact got health buffs.

Yes, its more of a personal preference but I dont like most thw monster list I have to fight to get to the lategame. Also in both single and multi I feel like the monsters just drop dead in the middle of the fight. And I dont even like to play multi with more than 2 people.

Kinsei

Banned
Mhgen has a bigger monster selection than other base monster hunter games. You probably feel that way about monster hp because there's no g rank but a lot of monsters in fact got health buffs.

Really? But they die so fast. I get that you can be more aggressive but it shouldn't be making such a big difference.

They still hit like wet tissue paper outside of the end game though.

CTLance

So I just spent two minutes loading the logo on my buggy slow as fuck mobile connection, and ... It wasn't worth it. Booooooh.

CTLance

So, the lack of posts means the Capcom stream is void of content?

Also, do we have an announcement thread yet? Sorry to be so needy, but being out in the sticks on a terribly shitty connection while (increasingly less) hyped does things to you. Terrible things. *twitch*

Kinsei

Banned
So, the lack of posts means the Capcom stream is void of content?

Also, do we have an announcement thread yet? Sorry to be so needy, but being out in the sticks on a terribly shitty connection while (increasingly less) hyped does things to you. Terrible things. *twitch*

It's been almost 30 minutes and they've just gotten around to showing the trailer.

Yeah, there's a thread.

Top Bottom