• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

I would be surprised if we dont get a switch version

They already have a localization gap thats going to push this into the switch launch territory

CTLance

Please don't launch the switch with a Monster Hunter game.

I'd order that shit so hard, I'd leave after images.

I used to get very 2xcited over Monster Hunter, but I am so burnt out on it. The releases are getting to quick between them for me. I'll sit out another one. I still haven't touched my copy of X.

Last time you were sure it was a December release.

At least we found Switch release date.

Sometimes I lose.
micheal.gif

See if this could be done like a DLC addition to the base Generations it'd be pretty neat but naaah, can't be going for another cart update.

sfried

Switch version or fucking riot

I bet the switch version gets previewed on Jan12th

Lock my prediction in
Considering the coincidental release date...yeah, your prediction is not far off.

I have a feeling developers/publishers are under embargo before they can announce their Switch lineups before the January 12 presentation.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeah, that release date. I'm surprised they didn't just go with a vague release period, but full release date, lol.

Forkball

I believe he said preorders were available in a few weeks, so I don't think a Switch release is likely. People would be pissed if they preordered the game for the 3DS only to find out it's coming to the Switch at the exact same time.

Considering the coincidental release date...yeah, your prediction is not far off.

I have a feeling developers/publishers are under embargo before they can announce their Switch lineups before the January 12 presentation.

Right?

All the pieces are falling into place

Pudd

Neo Member
They said something about DLC...so can people of X download the new content? If yes, I would go ahead an buy Generations now.

The thirst is real. :)

Qurupeke

If they have to release a Monster Hunter game on Switch, better be a proper game and not this Generations stuff. Something with a G rank...

this is a good place as any to ask:

i recently found an unopened copy of the WiiU MonHun in my shelf, should i play it? i haven't played one yet.
or just buy a 3ds game?

JimPanzer

If this releases the same day as the switch in Japan the thing better be region-free. Doubt it will be a launch title for the west.

If they have to release a Monster Hunter game on Switch, better be a proper game and not this Generations stuff. Something with a G rank...

they confirmed G-rank for XX though...

RikuDawn

I believe he said preorders were available in a few weeks, so I don't think a Switch release is likely. People would be pissed if they preordered the game for the 3DS only to find out it's coming to the Switch at the exact same time.
It wouldn't be that hard to cancel a pre-order for the 3DS version after the Switch version is officially announced.

CTLance

So to summarise, we'll be getting a MHX "standard expansion" called MHXX with three new large monsters, two new cover monsters, a new map, and two new styles. In Smarch, right around the time when Switch is planned to launch.

Kinsei

Banned
We either get it not far from Japanese release or receiving the Switch. Either way, it's fine.\

Also G Rank is in. That's what's important.

That remains to be seen. For all we know it could still be a complete joke difficulty wise just like the base game. Especially with two more styles that I'm sure will be just as overpowered if not even more overpowered than what is in the base game.

this is a good place as any to ask:

i recently found an unopened copy of the WiiU MonHun in my shelf, should i play it? i haven't played one yet.
or just buy a 3ds game?

3 Ultimate (The Wii U game) is the best game in the series IMO.

Oddish1

Monster Hunter XXX for the Switch in 2018 then.

Infinite

Personally I didnt enjoy MHGen as much. Felt like monster HP is too low and the monster selection was lacking. Hopefully this fixes both
Mhgen has a bigger monster selection than other base monster hunter games. You probably feel that way about monster hp because there's no g rank but a lot of monsters in fact got health buffs.

Top Bottom