• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

Oddish1

Apparently Monster Hunter Frontier Z is coming out in November for Wii U (And just about everything else). So it could be that.

Vuze

I got excited for a second then realized it will only be for 3DS too and no way will they reveal MH5 for that. So probably just a crappy MHXG.

Lame af.

random25

There is still that cat sim thing by From Software that's unreleased, right?

If I have to guess, this Direct is for MHXG.

It's going to be XG for 3DS/WiiU, or Stories for 3DS, or both, with release dates in early 2017, so they can have a seperate direct that will announce that they're coming to switch at launch in january.

Oregano

A third party direct.

Damn MonHun and Nintendo are tight.

I'll be shocked if there's not a Switch mention at least.

JimPanzer

I got excited for a second then realized it will only be for 3DS too and no way will they reveal MH5 for that. So probably just a crappy MHXG.

Lame af.

The only thing better than an MHXG that I can think of is MH5 on Switch, since that won't happen I will be more than pleased with the G-Version of MHX.

But who knows, maybe they'll just announce more collaborations for MHS...ugghh

Cerity

probably a lot of stories stuff and announcement/preview of that new game. Maybe a sneak peak of MH5 if we're lucky.

Can't see XG, X was meant to be a best of/anniversary-ish game to begin with.

Shengar

Capcom gotta milk those old assets till the very end.

They replace almost all special and particle effect in MHGen.

Also, why the hell they would only release another game for 3DS? Damnit, such a party popper for me.

I hope this is not a 3DS exclusive MH5...

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Nintendo let Capcom release another mainline title in the same year their new handheld/console going to be released.

Kinsei

Banned
probably a lot of stories stuff and announcement/preview of that new game. Maybe a sneak peak of MH5 if we're lucky.

Can't see XG, X was meant to be a best of/anniversary-ish game to begin with.

Stories is already out. It'd be weird to have a Direct for a game that came out less than a month ago.

Alrus

Another one? So soon?

Wait, is it soon? Maybe I'm just thinking of that new spin-off.

Well Stories is a spin-off aimed at a different audience so it's been about a year since MHX released in Japan.

Capcom has been pretty adamant about having yearly MH titles recently so it wouldn't be surprising.

antonz

They replace almost all special and particle effect in MHGen.

Also, why the hell they would only release another game for 3DS? Damnit, such a party popper for me.

Even if its coming to Switch there is little chance they would announce so at the moment especially if they do not release at same time.

Switch version would destroy any sales especially if it takes advantage of the switches power

AmyS

Monster Hunter 5 for sure.

Not officially for Switch, but you know the same game(s) will be announced for Switch in January!

oti

Banned
Well Stories is a spin-off aimed at a different audience so it's been about a year since MHX released in Japan.

Capcom has been pretty adamant about having yearly MH titles recently so it wouldn't be surprising.

I see. Makes sense then.

So it has to be a brand new 3DS MH then since Stories is out. Shame no Switch but ah well.

The Direct won't address Switch but so won't Nintendo in general. I'm sure Capcom would LOVE the opportunity to sell the same game with a higher resolution on Switch again as testing ground and then after some time release a "real" Switch MH.

Greddleok

Fingers crossed for MHGX. That'll make my decision to wait worth it.

Also MH Switch, although I highly doubt that they'd announce a MH before a Mario.

Delio

I see. Makes sense then.

The Direct won't address Switch but so won't Nintendo in general. I'm sure Capcom would LOVE the opportunity to sell the same game with a higher resolution on Switch again as testing ground and then after some time release a "real" Switch MH.

Yeah im sure they would love that. Guess they will have to wait till next year for that MH Switch reveal.

Y'all asking for Switch news - it says there'll be no new information regarding Switch or Smartphone apps, so expect this to be 3DS only news. It's likely that Switch MH news is being saved for the Direct in January.

Even if its coming to Switch there is little chance they would announce so at the moment especially if they do not release at same time.

Switch version would destroy any sales especially if it takes advantage of the switches power
This makes a lot of sense. :(

I guess they wouldn't want to release a Wii U version either, since it would diminish the Switch version novelty (prettier graphics and higher resolution).

Charamiwa

Banned
The Animal Crossing direct will probably have the same no Switch talk mention.

To be honest I'm feeling a bit of frustation creeping back in, the reveal rush was short lived.

Top Bottom