• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

Luigiv

Place your bets, This armour will be called the Anubis set.
weapon01_p01.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nice hearing that online is a good possibility, now.But, Tenbatsu... that rumor about news with the 3DS update. Where does it come from? What is the source? ...Is it you? :D

Tenbatsu

Mpl90 said:
Nice hearing that online is a good possibility, now.But, Tenbatsu... that rumor about news with the 3DS update. Where does it come from? What is the source? ...Is it you? :D
Just a rumor flooding around the MH community.

That Anubis armor's so cool!

Also I think there will be at least 3 sets of Lagi armor.
1) Original
2) Box Art
3)
shinka03_p01.jpg

No.2 might be for blademaster, No.3 for gunner thou.

Luigiv

Tenbatsu said:
Just a rumor flooding around the MH community.

That Anubis armor's so cool!

Also I think there will be at least 3 sets of Lagi armor.
1) Original
2) Box Art
3) http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/images/shinka03_p01.jpg[IMG]

No.2 might be for blademaster, No.3 for gunner thou.[/QUOTE]
The boxart set is the original set, It's just bumpier looking because it's pre-rendered. The Lagi Gunlance he's hold also adds visual confusion.

No.3 is definitely for Blade Masters though.
[IMG]http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/images/weapon09_p01.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I really hope there are more new monsters than the Plesioth and the cover one and then the various sub species colored variants...

More amphibious monsters please...

And add a water part to that Portable 3rd area they added in too.

Tenbatsu

Luigiv said:
The boxart set is the original set, It's just bumpier looking because it's pre-rendered. The Lagi Gunlance he's hold also adds visual confusion.
Ho my mistake, ya right, the box art is the original. The gunlance armor and the artwork seems to be the same now that I take a closer look.

The new Azure Rathalos armor looks cool too. Fierce looking!

Erethian

Boney said:
Pretty sure I've heard it elsewhere too. Grouped together with the Mii Plaza and video recorder update.

There's some changes to the e-Shop happening with that update too. Either it's some basic tweaking, or it's to facilitate DLC and the like.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Erethian said:
There's some changes to the e-Shop happening with that update too. Either it's some basic tweaking, or it's to facilitate DLC and the like.

Actually, the developers of Zen Pinball 3D have confirmed DLCs for the game, saying that, even if now it is not possible, the fact that they said that they will release them mean that it will be possible in the future

fernoca

Darn nice thread! :)

Hope people still remember that the Slide Pad is optional and that the entire game can be played without it. It can be acquired by separate for 1500 yen if the person wants to try it later.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bengraven said:
I really would love to get into this game. It's right up my alley.

Try the numerous MH demos on PSP and/or Wii?

Though frankly, it's too clunky and slow for my taste along with no sense of progression. Been down this road before though.

Tenbatsu said:
Take a look at this video, it shows how useful the new camera monster lock on is. You pratically don't even need to pan the camera anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyuruVbapn0#t=2m48s

Edit: The developers mentioned that no one was able to defeat Yoshi on the first day at TGS in the video.

Now you got the image of Yoshi from Super Mario Bros as a MH wyvern in my head.

Have there been any Street Fighter sets for guys? Can guys wear the SF women sets? >_>

Alrus

Tenbatsu said:
Edit: The developers mentioned that no one was able to defeat Yoshi on the first day at TGS in the video.

Well defeating a new monster on a 15 min timer seems kind of hard.

Twinduct said:
I will not go back to the CLAW! :D
Gah, I might just wait anyway. There might even be a special edition if Nintendo Pushes it hard enough.

CLAW is awesome but they have fixed that with the virtual dpad imo, so it wont feel as arkward.

whenever a US release is announced it will be time to get a 3ds. :)

squall23

Luigiv said:
Place your bets, This armour will be called the Anubis set.
weapon01_p01.png
I'm not going to lie, I like the current Ceadeus set much more if only because I love the whole Spartan and Viking look.

Akainu

Raide said:
Like Baggi's are a sub-species of Jaggi's. So monsters in the same species but of different types. Also the way they do Ice Barroth etc.
No they aren't. The second one is right though.

Luigiv

Tenbatsu said:
Box Art from Amazon Japan
http://i52.tinypic.com/f9hwfr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Not really a fan. Looks cluttered and messy. The square box has not been kind to the MH Japanese boxart formula.

Luigiv

Oni Link 666 said:
Why is the label black? Are all boxes like that over there?
CERO C and up games get black boxes with black labels for Wii and 3DS in Japan. I'm not exactly sure why Nintendo even bothers (well I can sort of understand for D and Z [:lol] but it seems a bit extreme for C) but It started with Zangeki no Reginliev for some reason.

Luigiv

Oni Link 666 said:
Interesting. I guess a C would be a T in NA?
Yeah. Rule of thumb:

ESRB - PEGI - CERO - OFLC
E - 3 - A - G
E10+ - 7 - B - PG
T - 12 - C - M
M - 16 - D - MA
AO - 18 - Z - R

Are all roughly equivalent to each other.

Peru

Generally I love the MH covers because the monster designs are so awesome - this dude doesn't do it quite as much for me. Who cares, though.. when will NoA announce some more software lineups?

Kyoufu said:
Not even a Wifi logo on the box. No hope for online.

Nintendo don't use the WFC branding anymore. There's still hope! (See Super Street Fighter 4 3D, where they didn't list online play - despite the final game having it)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Hey guys? As someone who is sort of a noob to Monster Hunter who was interested in what the heck a "MH3G" is, y'all might want to change the title to spell out the entire game name. Not everyone is going to automagically know what "MH3G" stands for. I thought it was some sort of mobile gaming phone... :\

Luigiv

mr jones said:
Hey guys? As someone who is sort of a noob to Monster Hunter who was interested in what the heck a "MH3G" is, y'all might want to change the title to spell out the entire game name. Not everyone is going to automagically know what "MH3G" stands for. I thought it was some sort of mobile gaming phone... :\
Only Mods can change thread titles. If you want a thread title changed, PM a mod, politely explaining why you feel the change is necessary. Or, at the very least, aim your complaint at the original poster, not the everyone in the entire thread. That's just weird. It's not like we're all in on it trying to get you.

Boney

Banned
Luigiv said:
Only Mods can change thread titles. If you want a thread title changed, PM a mod, politely explaining why you feel the change is necessary. Or, at the very least, aim your complaint at the original poster, not the everyone in the entire thread. That's just weird. It's not like we're all in on it trying to get you.
I'm not sure why you're interpreting it that way. He just feels it'd be best for the whole board if more people can identify what the game is.

Luigiv

Boney said:
I'm not sure why you're interpreting it that way. He just feels it'd be best for the whole board if more people can identify what the game is.
mr jones said:
y'all might want to change the title to spell out the entire game name.
Yeah... weird statement is weird.

Defuser

Even if there is wifi,most likely is DLC like the previous games.

Shame they're removing the bowgun customization from Tri. Let's just hope they will buff up heavy bowgun.It was useless in 3rd.

Kyoufu

Defuser said:
Even if there is wifi,most likely is DLC like the previous games.

Shame they're removing the bowgun customization from Tri. Let's just hope they will buff up heavy bowgun.It was useless in 3rd.

I hope they revert the lance changes made in mhp3rd. I think the loss of infinite combo hurts ;_;

Top Bottom