• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

You're the Yin to my Yang. Or something.

I'll explain why I hate Brachy and Glav:

THEY MOVE LIKE BUNNY RABBITS

STOP HOPPING EVERYWHERE WHEN I'M TRYING TO HIT YOUR HEAD/TAIL

*Brachy whiffs an attack and then instantly hops to the side*

Glavenus does this too except his hitbox is narrow and even worse to hit.

Awful monster designs. Definitely the worst ones alongside that bastard Owl Malfestio. Malfestio is like someone at Capcom was having a really bad day and decided to design the most annoying monster EVER.

Yeah but Brachy has sick music man

Kinsei

Banned
Will definitely have to disagree on that one. Brachydios and Glavenus are two of my favorite monsters to fight in the entire series.

Then again im a weirdo and think both of the Raths can die in a fire. Never liked fighting them.

I am right there with you on the Raths, Los in particular needs to go extinct.

Kyoufu

Brachy is like the best new monster they have designed in some time. The stuff in gen 4 is meh compared to him. Such a unique creature design. God, Gen 3 was so fucking good.

He's a *hop* pretty *hop* good *hop* design *hop*

Insufferable to fight. Good riddance, Brachy!

Mupod

Went back through some of my old posts regarding how a 'seamless' MH would play out. Clearly Capcom stole my ideas.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52259883&postcount=12017

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238155903&postcount=1396

Watched the extended trailer, some interesting stuff there. You see area transitions happening via things like the monster breaking a wall triggering a rush of water sending you to a new arena. They really need to show us the full flow of a normal hunt.

kaioshade

He's a *hop* pretty *hop* good *hop* design *hop*

Insufferable to fight. Good riddance, Brachy!

As much as i disagree on the Brachy hate, this still made me laugh a lot.

Out of curiosity, what weapon do you usually use? And what are some of your favorite monsters as well?

Kyoufu

I am right there with you on the Raths, Los in particular needs to go extinct.

Rathalos used to be incredibly annoying to fight in the older games. Rathalos World Tour was a meme for a long time until they toned it way down.

He's tame now in comparison, so I don't mind it anymore.

As much as i disagree on the Brachy hate, this still made me laugh a lot.

Out of curiosity, what weapon do you usually use? And what are some of your favorite monsters as well?

My favourite monster design is Teostra. Fun to fight against and that MUSIC OH MY GOD.

I used Lance for a very long time in the Portable/Tri games but in MHX/Gen I've been rocking the Adept Long Sword, which is very fun.

Runner67

I doubt it. I'm expecting a Tri esque roster with expansions fleshing out the roster (along with adding new zones). They need to completely revamp any pre gen 3 monsters in terms of movement, animations, and hitboxes to put them in this game and that's a ton of work.

I doubt they will go that route fully again. Even 3G added tons of old monsters on Tri. Plus, Gen/XX already revamped most of the 3rd Gen monsters for verticality. But yea, let's wait and see i guess

Kinsei

Banned
Rathalos used to be incredibly annoying to fight in the older games. Rathalos World Tour was a meme for a long time until they toned it way down.

He's tame now in comparison, so I don't mind it anymore.

My favourite monster design is Teostra. Fun to fight against and that MUSIC OH MY GOD.

I used Lance for a very long time in the Portable/Tri games but in MHX/Gen I've been rocking the Adept Long Sword, which is very fun.

Los is still incredibly annoying. So many good multi monster quest speedruns ruined because Los is a dick and won't land.

Speaking of speedruns I hope arena quests and special quests are in this. One of my favorite MH memories was finally getting an S rank solo on a 4 player arena quest.

le.phat

Brachy is like the best new monster they have designed in some time. The stuff in gen 4 is meh compared to him. Such a unique creature design. God, Gen 3 was so fucking good.

MHSP-Brachydios_Render_001.png

"her?"

Sesha

Can't leak what don't exist. :p

Then the title Itsuno is working on that he's revealing this year doesn't exist either, or Itsuno himself

Neither do we

It's all a dream

Who's dreaming all this? You are, about me. And me about you.

We're all a subconsciousness experiencing itself subjectively

this post never happened, nor did this thread. and yet it did, except it didn't

I need scissors

englandprevails

Neo Member
No it isn't. There are currently no plans to do so at Capcom so don't get your hopes up. Or just hope that Nintendo steps in.

Is there a reason what is being said is treated as true? Does this guy work at capcom?

Anyways. World looks awesome but im gonna be disappointed if I dont get a localized Switch version. Ill probably just buy the japanese version if thats the case.

Qurupeke

I think I didn't see this mentioned here, but there's a Monster Hunter World section on Playstation Live @ 5:45 PM. Not sure if it has gameplay, or if it's just an interview.

Is there a reason what is being said is treated as true? Does this guy work at capcom?

Anyways. World looks awesome but im gonna be disappointed if I dont get a localized Switch version. Ill probably just buy the japanese version if thats the case.
All we know is that he leaked the title of MHW before the copyright, so he has some inside knowledge. He hasn't been wrong yet, though.

He predicted meltdowns and that's certainly happening.

englandprevails

Neo Member
All we know is that he leaked the title of MHW before the copyright, so he has some inside knowledge. He hasn't been wrong yet, though.

He predicted meltdowns and that's certainly happening.

Thanks!!!!

Yeah, Im excited for a PS4 monster hunter but ill be quite surprised that a Switch localization isnt in the cards. Id love to get both but at least the Switch is region free.

I disklike the art in the trailer emensely. The fuzzy T. rex is legit the worst large monster design I've seen in the series. I have more than enough info to judge those things. You don't have to share the opinion, but I certainly can judge the game based on what Capcom has decided is their best foot to put forward.
So what was your stance on Glavenus? Because this is just a Glavenus with an olfactory organ and without the sword tail.

Personally my favourite designs in Monster Hunter are the more grounded designs. I love the Raths, Tigrex, Glavenus and Astalos (I mean, Astalos is pushing it, but it's basically just a spikier lightning variant of the Raths). Worst designs in the game are the ones that try to be way too fantastical. Like Mizutsune, Kirin and Zinogre. They can just die in a fire.

So, what are we hoping for in the way of weapon changes? The combat looks like it's staying fairly intact with its methodical nature, but they're probably going to mix up the weapon moves a bit since it's such a huge revamp.
Personally I'm hoping for a bit of a rework on lances. My preference would be for them to remove the hops, or at least add a forwards hop. Also, as a gunlance main, would love them to mix up how gunlances gunfire works. Maybe give a bit more control over aiming with it since now we have dual sticks to work with.
Obviously bowguns are going to be revamped since we're in a position where the players will have much more control over aiming. Looks like they're pursuing rapid fire as the new way that LBG works. Wonder whether they'll make it so that all LBG fire is basically rapid fire now, or whether it will still be ammo dependent. I mean, personally I'd prefer if LBG was now a fully automatic weapon, and has a run and gun playstyle, whilst HBG focuses on the heavy artillery backline. Don't know if I'd remove siege mode or not.

Can't wait for more info on the 20th.

So what was your stance on Glavenus? Because this is just a Glavenus with an olfactory organ and without the sword tail.

Personally my favourite designs in Monster Hunter are the more grounded designs. I love the Raths, Tigrex, Glavenus and Astalos (I mean, Astalos is pushing it, but it's basically just a spikier lightning variant of the Raths). Worst designs in the game are the ones that try to be way too fantastical. Like Mizutsune, Kirin and Zinogre. They can just die in a fire.

So, what are we hoping for in the way of weapon changes? The combat looks like it's staying fairly intact with its methodical nature, but they're probably going to mix up the weapon moves a bit since it's such a huge revamp.
Personally I'm hoping for a bit of a rework on lances. My preference would be for them to remove the hops, or at least add a forwards hop. Also, as a gunlance main, would love them to mix up how gunlances gunfire works. Maybe give a bit more control over aiming with it since now we have dual sticks to work with.
Obviously bowguns are going to be revamped since we're in a position where the players will have much more control over aiming. Looks like they're pursuing rapid fire as the new way that LBG works. Wonder whether they'll make it so that all LBG fire is basically rapid fire now, or whether it will still be ammo dependent. I mean, personally I'd prefer if LBG was now a fully automatic weapon, and has a run and gun playstyle, whilst HBG focuses on the heavy artillery backline. Don't know if I'd remove siege mode or not.

Can't wait for more info on the 20th.
I don't really care about the monster argument either way but you're comparing the monster in the video to this:

latest

?

The only similarity is that they're both T Rex variants.

Same. Add brachy to the worst ones too with those booger punchers.

frontier designs

Yea those were terrible.

I don't really care about the monster argument either way but you're comparing the monster in the video to this:

latest

?

The only similarity is that they're both T Rex variants.
Will be honest, I didn't remember Glavenus being as spiky as it is.
Either way, I'm actually a huge fan of this new T-Rex design. The dinosaur designs were my favourites anyway.

Just the sheer amount of detail in the textures. The fur. The dimpled turkey skin. It's beautiful. If they can make everything look this detailed without feeling over designed, I will love the majority of monsters in the game.

For me the lack of local co-op makes World an absolute no-buy.

So, even if it had the same great gameplay and you could just play with your friends whenever you wanted, rather than just when you had time to physically meet up, you'd pass on the game?

Thoraxes

There's no local co-op? That's a death sentence if true.

It's a home console+PC game. I'd assume there isn't really any way to just bust out my system on the go during breaks/lunch at work and play with my coworker, or do a couple hunts with a family member I got into the series with 4, who I always played with locally.

It's a home console+PC game. I'd assume there isn't really any way to just bust out my system on the go during breaks/lunch at work and play with my coworker, or do a couple hunts with a family member I got into the series with 4, who I always played with locally.

Laptops.

Khezu

I liked the new T rex monster a lot.

But I'm also in the camp that prefers them to be more simple.

A lot of the newer monsters cross the line into just being dumb as hell looking.

This.

I *really* want XX to be localized, because an MH that I can't take to my friend's house may as well not exist
Except as a potential cause for XX not coming over

That is in no way as sleek or elegant as just releasing XX on the Switch over here and you know it.

I know it isn't. I wasn't being particularly serious. But then, I'm also not going to not buy a game I love just because it drops one feature. I mean, sure, local play is fun, but I don't see how it can be a deal breaker if you love MH anyway. It's not like people don't play other games online with their friends just fine. No one complains that you can't local play League of Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom