• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More FFXV details from Famitsu interview.

Kain

From all the comments Tabata has been doing since the re-re-re-reveal it seems the game is still way early in development. I'm seeing a late 2016 release. In Japan.

Verendus

Banned
917612_o.gif
God I hate Ken so much.

Famassu

From all the comments Tabata has been doing since the re-re-re-reveal it seems the game is still way early in development. I'm seeing a late 2016 release. In Japan.
The game is over 60% complete at this point and they are in mass content creation phase. It's not "way early in development"

Setsu00

Percentage numbers don't mean anything if you have no idea what exactly the speaker is talking about. And even then, I'd always take them with a grain of salt.

God I hate Ken so much.
Get good though.

If the game is over 60% finished, wouldn't it be early 2016? At least for Japan?
He is just speculating, there's absolutely zero info on release date.

It'll actually come out in March, they've been advertising it as a demo with Type-0, but they will troll us yet again and that demo will turn out to be the full game.

And then we will see people coming here and complaining about how SE lied and didn't give them a demo.

You know, what i noticed is that alot of the signs in this game are in English and Japanese. It's not some made up language like in FF13.

peronmls

Combat-wise, the plan is holding down a button will start a set combo, but timed button presses are what will enable coordinated moves with other party members.
To parry enemy attacks, you have to match the timing of their strike. This is intended for expert players.

Why don't they just make an option for button pressing and button holding?

Geg

No idea, havent played them

I haven't played the sequels but XIII had kind of a weird combination of both. You didn't have to initiate conversation with them, but when you get close NPCs generally say some basic line of dialogue as if you had spoken to them.

I think maybe a few times NPCs talked to each other but it was still like one interchangeable line of dialog at a time

Toth

Hotels, mini games, chocobos. It actually sounds like a Final Fantasy game.

Interesting definition of Final Fantasy there o_O. Aside from chocobos, mini games never really appeared significantly in FF games until 7 and hotels are cool but FF like?

If it works for you though, more power to you.

Famassu

Get good though.

I'm not purely speculating. Tabata said they were well past the 50% point around TGS and they haven't been twiddling their thumbs after that so it's probably advanced noticeably since then due to them being in the crank-out-assets/content-as-fast-as-possible phase already. Though yes, Tabata also pointed out that it's somewhat hard to quantify how far along in development they are (a game could technically be 100% complete but then be delayed and worked on more if they feel like it, for a lot of reasons), but he still said they were showing a game that was around 55% complete at TGS, so unless they scrapped stuff, they are presumably further along in development 3 months later.

It'll actually come out in March, they've been advertising it as a demo with Type-0, but they will troll us yet again and that demo will turn out to be the full game.

And then we will see people coming here and complaining about how SE lied and didn't give them a demo.

Glad I pre-ordered Type-0 then :3 . XV is gonna be my game of the forever.

Grudy

While the trailer didn't do much for me these details are getting me excited again! Especially with his comment about Magic not consuming MP. Hopefully it means I can go trigger happy with magic, something I always wanted to do in FF (I'm that person who never uses ethers and save them till I really need them - as in never)

Mifec

I'm not purely speculating. Tabata said they were well past the 50% point around TGS and they haven't been twiddling their thumbs after that so it's probably advanced noticeably since then due to them being in the crank-out-assets/content-as-fast-as-possible phase already. Though yes, Tabata also pointed out that it's somewhat hard to quantify how far along in development they are (a game could technically be 100% complete but then be delayed and worked on more if they feel like it, for a lot of reasons), but he still said they were showing a game that was around 55% complete at TGS, so unless they scrapped stuff, they are presumably further along in development 3 months later.

December 2016, Japan release.

I was talking about Kain mentioning a late 2016 release... But sure.

While the trailer didn't do much for me these details are getting me excited again! Especially with his comment about Magic not consuming MP. Hopefully it means I can go trigger happy with magic, something I always wanted to do in FF (I'm that person who never uses ethers and save them till I really need them - as in never)
Man, FF ruined my usage of Ethers, I can't even use them in games that sell them in stores, because I feel like they are so special =X

I do hope they let us use a lot of magic too.

Servbot24

Banned
Whether you button mash or hold down a button really makes zero difference for the standard triple combo. Both take zero skill or thought. No effect on my hype, which is fairly high!

Pifje

Interesting definition of Final Fantasy there o_O. Aside from chocobos, mini games never really appeared significantly in FF games until 7 and hotels are cool but FF like?

Well, PlayStation 1 era FF games are the best out there. And they did have all of those in some way or another.

If it works for you though, more power to you.

No need to feel so entitled and condescending, buddy.

Rpgmonkey

Didn't know you could find new weapons. Hopefully Noct can get Ultima Weapon or Excalibur then.

Gonna be awesome to run through a dungeon or forest at night and find tonberries.

farisr

Whether you button mash or hold down a button really makes zero difference for the standard triple combo. Both take zero skill or thought. No effect on my hype, which is fairly high!

Though individual presses do give you more control, as in if you just wanted to do one or two slash and go away, you're more likely to successfully be able to pull that off rather than a scheme that requires you to hold a button for x amount of time to pull off a three hit combo.

Still, it's good to hold off on judgements for how good the control scheme is until the demo is in our hands. This game is looking awesome. The only 2 games I'm really really hyped for at this point (as in I'll read every thread that pops up about them) are FF XV and Street Fighter V. Both probably releasing sometime close to spring/summer 2016.

It'll be funny if FF XV releases on the 10th anniversary of VS XIII's announcement.

Astral Dog

I dont remember the last time i was hyped for a Final Fantasy game
:'(

Well, i think it was for FFXIII and Crystal Bearers, but...

Koozek

Man, FF ruined my usage of Ethers, I can't even use them in games that sell them in stores, because I feel like they are so special =X

I do hope they let us use a lot of magic too.

Haha, I feel you! It's so hard to get rid of years-long habits like that :D Never even thought about using Tents either in FFVII back as a kid, which is why I barely used spells, outside of boss fights or for healing in dungeons. Though I think I still only used Tents in more recent play-throughs, if at all, as it makes everything way too easy.
Best play-through is without Tents or grinding. It's the perfect level of difficulty that way. Not too easy, not too hard. You'll still have some tense boss battles with only a few HP left at the end.

NateDog

Still can't tell if the aim for combat is to be similar to Type-0's combat (with kill-sight, i.e. hitting a button or attacking at an exact specific time) or not.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't tell if the aim for combat is to be similar to Type-0's combat (with kill-sight, i.e. hitting a button or attacking at an exact specific time) or not.

We'll probably be rewarded for precise attacks but I hope killsight doesn't make it into the game. Too unbalanced and makes some bosses in Type O a different kind of chore.

There will be several mini-games, including fishing.

In town, you can stay in hotels or go shopping.

NPCs in town are controlled by AI, and you can talk to them.

Cindy shows up in different places throughout the game. Something happens with her at the start that shakes her up and gets her moving around.

That bit about Cindy reminds me of FFVIII's card queen showing up all over the place.

Classic Final Fantasy is back.

*manly tears.gif*

Top Bottom