• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Most" Lives Matter - Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLM needs to change it's name. The message is valid, as is the movement. But too many idiots don't make it past the name or under stands it.

A name change won't convince people to listen to the protestors. If BLM had called themselves All Lives Matter from the start, some other shitty excuse would be made up to ignore them.

Why should BLM change their name? They're not the ones that suck.

Nice reference.

BLACKLAC

"no comment"
giphy.gif

Fucking infuriating.

Corpekata

Banned
You know what sick and tired of? That shitshow breast cancer getting all the glory! Everywhere I look it's pink ribbons here and Susan G Komen there telling everyone how we need to band together and eliminate breast cancer. It's ridiculous and it needs stopped.

ALL CANCERS MATTER!!! People die of other cancers every single day but their plight goes unspoken for and it has to stop! Lymphoma matters! Hodgkin's matters! They ALL matter!

I urge everyone to start protesting the ones taking up Breast Cancer as their cause. I've even seen GROWN MEN trying to raise breast cancer awareness! The fuck? They should be proactive for cancers that effect them more, because it's not right that they fight for the wrong cause.

Bunch of scummy breast cancer advocates taking away from everyone else. The nerve.

As ridiculous as this is I've actually seen some of the typical MRA types whining about things like this, complaining about the attention breast cancer gets over prostate cancer.

spock

People who object to Black Lives Matter understand Blue Lives Matter perfectly. The name is not the problem and never has been.

Purely from a linguistic and communications/marketing perspective the name "black lives matter" is potent because it brings up an emotion but the nature of its structure is divisive because the name implies exclusion or inclusion unless you understand enough behind the name. Obviously BLM is not a "product" per se, but from a purely marketing standpoint, when you need to educate "consumers" (mind share of a large group of white folk) for clarification or any other aspect your go against the natural ebb & flow of the brains preferred method of processing (least resistance)

Think of it this way, fuck the name all lives matter. But if you saw a something conveying various messages for multiple shootings of black people by cops with the phrase "we matter" ...multiple times, etc. I think you get a different effect. Heck if I was advising BLM I would produce videos along those lines targeting white demographics simply to convey the core idea behind BLM. I lived the first 25+ years of my life in brooklyn, spent the last couple years here in new hampshire. Seeing black folk here outside of a few areas is not common. You have a large amount of people who are genuinely good people, not racist, but you bring BLM in to the convo and you can see from their body language how uneasy they get. Its ruff. Genuine lack of exposure and ignorance.

Words are powerful thing. You can dismiss them or be pissed off because its not right that some people who are not racist per se just ill informed dont get BLM or get the wrong emotions stirred up. It is what is. Those who study communications or use it heavily to make a living understand that the burden of understanding is not on the listener but on the speaker. If your not getting me, its my fault not yours...

You know what sick and tired of? That shitshow breast cancer getting all the glory! Everywhere I look it's pink ribbons here and Susan G Komen there telling everyone how we need to band together and eliminate breast cancer. It's ridiculous and it needs stopped.

ALL CANCERS MATTER!!! People die of other cancers every single day but their plight goes unspoken for and it has to stop! Lymphoma matters! Hodgkin's matters! They ALL matter!

I urge everyone to start protesting the ones taking up Breast Cancer as their cause. I've even seen GROWN MEN trying to raise breast cancer awareness! The fuck? They should be proactive for cancers that effect them more, because it's not right that they fight for the wrong cause.

Bunch of scummy breast cancer advocates taking away from everyone else. The nerve.

The thing is, I've seen this said quite seriously multiple times too. So it doesn't even have the full effect as satire, because fucking stupid people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom