• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most played Xbox One games (Week 51, 2016) for US and UK

lord pie

Really odd how ARK is beating gears on the worldwide list, but isn't on either the US/UK lists at all.

I would have thought the US/UK would be the majority of the userbase.

mcrommert

Banned
Good to see Halo 5 at thr bottom of the list

I will never understand the hatred for all things halo now...i remember at the time of halo 3 when it was a juggernaut that many conflated it with casual gamers that buy one game like call of duty now...

Perhaps thats the reason...otherwise there is no reason to dislike the best playing halo mm that has ever existed

I will never understand the hatred for all things halo now...i remember at the time of halo 3 when it was a juggernaut that many conflated it with casual gamers that buy one game like call of duty now...

Perhaps thats the reason...otherwise there is no reason to dislike the best playing halo mm that has ever existed
Best playing..... definitely debatable
And most played since Halo 3 lol, 343 stays lying

Could be wrong but I don't think American Football has had much traction outside the US since the days of Dan Marino, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Fridge, Jerry Rice. In the late 80s UK we used to go to school in US Football shirts, it became fashionable. Channel 4 over here had success with it back then on a sunday night. John Madden 92 was a highly rated game in UK mags but pretty much faded away after.

Surprised to see Fallout 4 there. Who is playing that?

It's just the same halo shitposters in every thread.

singhr1

Yikes at Gears and Halo.

Halo has been in top 10-top 20 for most of the year (with peaks with new content drops) and still higher than many new games despite being a year old in a crowded shooter market. I'd say it did pretty well for itself, even with all the hate it unnecessarily garners.

I suppose Halo 5 is old now but that's pretty damn low for a game that sold well and is the biggest Xbox game in history. I remember throughout the years Microsoft coming out with stat after stat about how man matches and bullets or whatever the fuck about the Halo games.

It came out last November and is competing against a packed shooter market a year after release. Your comment seems ignorant at best, especially since it's ahead of Titanfall 2 lol

Halo 3 stayed in the 360's top ten (top 5?) pretty much every year until the end. Even Gears was hovering in or around the top ten every year. MS can't be satisfied with two of their flagship franchises not having the same dominant mindshare they did previously.

those lists are always bad to post, because people don't get that not a single game in that list is doing bad, otherwise they wouldn't chart and be the top 3% of all games playable on xbox one

Kill3r7

Well Destiny came a year before Halo and still ahead...

Halo 5 is not Destiny. Most games on that list are not to be frank. If ROI was anything like TTK then Destiny would be a lock as a top 5 title.

Another game to mention as shocking is Watch Dogs 2. Damn did that under perform big time.

No doubt about it but also not having a price cut until the last 2 weeks was a bit of a head scratcher.

ethomaz

Banned
Well Destiny came a year before Halo and still ahead...
As part of Destiny fan base it is really hard to find gunplay so satisfying like it... it is really ahead other fps... control, weapons variety, shooting feedback are perfection.

I don't think you can compare others games to it at all.

Destiny 2 will possible dethrone CoD as best selling shooter franchise.

blakep267

Also people need to know that these lists fluctuate. Halo hovers around 15-20. And stuff like Battlefront, madden 16 etc are usually a lot lower. And besides the update in October, it hadn't had anything in months

And something like GTA had a resurgence during Christmas. Battlefield 1 and NBa2k were jostling for #1 for ages, meaning that it must've sold really well in December and used for gifts

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Holy shit at Halo 5...

I thought it was doing better. I have enjoyed the new changes.

blakep267

One other thing I noticed is that DR4 is doing much better than FFXV in the U.K. Where as it's the reverse in the US( FFXV was like top 5 on most purchased games for a few weeks) and it's been steady at that bottom of the list spot

RoKKeR

I've been casually following these charts for a while now, didn't know they updated weekly. Would definitely enjoy seeing more updates around these every now and then.

Most notable part of the list would be BF1 being so high up. I recognize the CoD release this week probably split the player base, bit so far BF1's player retention has been pretty impressive.

Quentin

Banned
Wtf is a roblox?

Edit: sometimes I forgot it's a such thing called google forgive me lol

Edit 2: smh I edited my post before I sent it. This is the real edit. I miss my GF lol

Im glad to see XV there, One of the few single player only games. Definitelly didnt expect that after all the pesimistict talk.
Also, sad to see halo that low, I expected better but, at the same time, glad to see Gears there, hope it makes MS change their studio=franchise approach.

keidashxd

Battlefield One surpassing every Call of Duty it's news for me.

At least in USA and seems worldwide too, good to dethrone call of duty finally.

Halo 5 too low sadly, gears too. Even horizon 3 is very low...

Roblox?!?! WTF? What game is that?

Varg

Banned
You guys need to get out more if you don't know what roblox is 😅. That and mine craft are the top dogs as far as casual games go on consoles.

Trup1aya

Best playing..... definitely debatable
And most played since Halo 3 lol, 343 stays lying

They never said most played. They said highest retention.

Compared to Reach and 4 i dont think thats much of a stretch.

The hatred for Halo is real. H5 isnt the best game ever, but its a good game. I dont understand why appearing at the lower end of this list would fill someone with glee.

Justinh

Ouch - more people should have been enjoying the incredibly seasonal Dead Rising 4 this week.

Yeah, I really liked the game, but I wonder if I would've liked it nearly as much if I played it any other time of the year.

It FF on Xbox... what did you expect? :D

It probably ranked high in a possible PS4 list.

I'm not interested in the game at all, but I'm considering on buying it just to help show that there are people who want to play JRPGs on the Xbox platform.

Aspiring

I'm not interested in the game at all, but I'm considering on buying it just to help show that there are people who want to play JRPGs on the Xbox platform.

So your not interested, as obviously most are hence why its not selling on the platform, but will buy to show that some are? Im sorry but that makes no sense at all.

Like i get you may like jrpgs but not this one, but this is a mass market game compared to say, a tales game.

Mooreberg

Infinite Warfare seems like this gen's World at War. Half the audience is going to stick with the previous game, and the COD4 Remaster probably isn't doing the player population any favors either. GTA V's endurance is amazing.

Justinh

So your not interested, as obviously most are hence why its not selling on the platform, but will buy to show that some are? Im sorry but that makes no sense at all.

Like i get you may like jrpgs but not this one, but this is a mass market game compared to say, a tales game.

I mean... yeah. I want to play JRPGs on Xbox, but this particular one never struck me as one I'd be into. If a mass-market game doesn't get support, what would that do to the smaller games?

Fotos

What a terrible post. Its easily the best Halo since Halo 3 and in some ways better than 3.(I am talking strictly talking MP)

To you. To a lot of people it's the most unoriginal in the series and being so far down on the most played chart obviously shows it.

Leyasu

Banned
Halo :(

Feel like the next game will be a Destiny clone or something.

I always thought that Locke and his teams inclusion, was for the inevitable Destiny clone spin off.

Anyway Halo and 343. I love halo, it's what keeps me on Xbox. But let's face it, the game is fucking hardcore and totally unforgiving. Thus, not for everyone and certainly not for people that want to camp and stuff.

Then you have 343.... The beta was awesome, then they released it with the aiming fucked for whatever reason??? Then they tell us that they will let us choose the region where we play. Another fucking lie. Don't they get it that they might just have a chance at retaining a player base outside of the US if they let us choose?? Instead of using us as fodder? Their stewardship is highly questionable, even though for me gameplay wise, halo 5 is fucking amazing.

For the lack of a region selector in halo 5, I would like to say how very pleased I am to see it sitting below the division in the uk charts. I just hope that you lot (343) give yourselves that very much needed shake before releasing halo 6. Sometimes you are your own worst enemy.

viHuGi

Banned
Good luck to GTA holding that top spot, next year Destiny 2 will take it and never look back.

Say what you want wait and see, Destiny 2 launch will be a event of epic scale.

blakep267

I always thought that Locke and his teams inclusion, was for the inevitable Destiny clone spin off.

Anyway Halo and 343. I love halo, it's what keeps me on Xbox. But let's face it, the game is fucking hardcore and totally unforgiving. Thus, not for everyone and certainly not for people that want to camp and stuff.

Then you have 343.... The beta was awesome, then they released it with the aiming fucked for whatever reason??? Then they tell us that they will let us choose the region where we play. Another fucking lie. Don't they get it that they might just have a chance at retaining a player base outside of the US if they let us choose?? Instead of using us as fodder? Their stewardship is highly questionable, even though for me gameplay wise, halo 5 is fucking amazing.

For the lack of a region selector in halo 5, I would like to say how very pleased I am to see it sitting below the division in the uk charts. I just hope that you lot (343) give yourselves that very much needed shake before releasing halo 6. Sometimes you are your own worst enemy.
None of what you said matters in the long run. Halo 5 has had 1 or 2 new content drop in like the last 6 months. The division just released survival and a new patch last month. You can't expect people to stick around when you aren't introducing new content( unless you are black ops). I'm pretty sure 343 knows that but they have likely shifted to the next game

The Most Played list appears to not include games in Game Preview.
No it does or at least it did. Ark was top 10 for months after release

Top Bottom