• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS wants to buy Valve too

winjer

Gold Member
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Ginzeen

Banned
Valve has no reason to sell. Their making more money then ever before. They have a strangle hold on the pc gaming market with Steam. Just another fantasy deal for Phil boy.

Lokaum D+

MS is like Rich Richie looking for new friends, if u have no friend and lots of money you just need to bought them all

someone pls, put phill face on richie and studio names on "the friends"

Last edited:

Hudo

The more I read about the "leaks" the more I've come to the conclusion that Twitter and gaming bloggers like IGN, or in this case MSN, are making a huge fuzz about nothing. Nothing here is newsworthy. Just fucking clickbait drama for the sake of it.

Hudo

EA looking pretty good right now..
Man if Microsoft bought EA as well, they would essentially have the "big three" RTS franchises under their belt. Age of Empires, WarCraft and Command & Conquer. And I genuinely believe taht Microsoft would be better stewards for both WarCraft and Command & Conquer than current Blizzard and current EA are.

Dr. Suchong

Man if Microsoft bought EA as well, they would essentially have the "big three" RTS franchises under their belt. Age of Empires, WarCraft and Command & Conquer. And I genuinely believe taht Microsoft would be better stewards for both WarCraft and Command & Conquer than current Blizzard and current EA are.
I was actually making a subtle reference to Microsoft possibly being eventually hated on more than EA.
But I totally agree with your point 👍

Hudo

Holy shit, this is getting a little tiresome.

"BREAKING NEWS - MICROSOFT WANTS ALL THE MONNIEZ"

"Tidal waves at 11..."
It's just that teenagers on this board and on Twitter and Reddit haven't yet heard of M&A departments at big-ass corporations and what these departments do.

Conversations like in these "leaked" emails is something every bigger corporation with an M&A department is holding every day. Even for only hypothetical mergers/buyouts and even for possible mergers/buyouts that competitors could do, just to be prepared for it.
Phil talking to his bosses about Nintendo and Valve is... really nothing newsworthy.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Like I told folks — this is their culture. There is absolutely no reason they would need to do this, but if they can't win on actually competing (how would they know if they don't try, right?), their thought is to just buy buy buy.

They have plenty of devs/pubs now (and did when this was written).

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's just that teenagers on this board and on Twitter and Reddit haven't yet heard of M&A departments at big-ass corporations and what these departments do.

Conversations like in these "leaked" emails is something every bigger corporation with an M&A department is holding every day. Even for only hypothetical mergers/buyouts and even for possible mergers/buyouts that competitors could do, just to be prepared for it.
Phil talking to his bosses about Nintendo and Valve is... really nothing newsworthy.
For you.

Sybrix

Gaben aint selling to Microsoft lol

Selling to Apple on the other hand......

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I'd love to see the communications from Sony about buying Nintendo or valve. #sonytoo crowd working overtime.
Indeed. I don't usually use the word "copium", but the past 36 hours have shown me the way.

I agree that corps. have merger discussions often, yes, but on this scale is another matter. And, once again for the kids in the back, Microsoft admitted openly that they will be doing more of these types of acquisitions. We're not talking some 3rd party dev who works closely with them, but big shit. They already scrounged up Zenimax, highly likely to close on Activision, and we have proof that they still want Nintendo. Doesn't take an optometrist to see the writing on the wall.

Last edited:

damidu

valve can actually use some of their storefront expertise, steam had a good run.
but windows store is all the rage nowadays baby!!
bought!

SirTerry-T

Today I learnt that businesses are in the business to make money for their business.

It's taken the best part of fifty years for this simian brain of mine to get it but thanks to Neogafs legal and business experts where there was dark...now there is light.

Top Bottom