• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My fiancée said she's going to ban me from coming on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faddy

Banned
She is clearly insane, dump her.

Choose us, GAF will always have unconditional love for you

until you get banned

mrplow1.jpg

Liberty4all

Banned
My wife grew to accept GAF. I'm not sure she really knows what GAF is exactly but sometimes when we are fighting she will be like

"FINE GO TALK TO YOUR INTERNET FRIENDS AND LEAVE ME ALONE"

and I'm like "ok :) "

If you want to lie to your wife and continue using it, grab a Chrome plugin like Stylish and restyle the site to look like a news site. I did that back with a forum on an old job where we didn't have private offices. ReSkinned another forum to look like a coding/development website. Probably spent 8-10 hours making posts look similar to StackOverflow.

Wow that is dedication! I salute you sir ;P.

jaypah

I've known GAF longer than I've known my wife so that would be fucked if she wanted me to stop reading GAF. Luckily my wife doesn't give a shit what I do so...eh.

marrec

Banned
Yeah. The fiancé should look for a real alpha dude who can play a fiddle all day long, not somebody who breaks down on page one.

Back in my day troll threads would last for pages and pages, sometimes all weekend, before the reveal was made.

This is a disgrace.

rjinaz

I know a lot of people are making jokes but I assume she wants you to because she thinks it's taking up too much of your time. If my fiancee wanted me to stop going on neogaf, I think I would. Or at the very least I would try to meet a compromise. Agree to take a break maybe, and limit how often I visit the website when I do come back. Relationships are all about compromise. A lot of times, guys especially, get really involved in their hobbies to the point where they start neglecting the bigger picture. My own experience anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OP couldn't even get 50 posts in before revealing the charade?

I miss the old days when shit like this would go on for days, or even weeks, with the OP slowly dragging us along with ever increasing tidbits of absurdity to grab onto.

jmdajr

Are you spending too much time here? If you are maybe that's the problem.

If you are not all the time here, then...yeah that's an issue.

Lego Boss

To be fair OP I've been thinking recently that I'm addicted and my wife always asks me if I'm 'GAFfing' which is to the detriment of watching some series with a strong female lead on Netflix.

I think I need help and I'm only averaging one post a day, but in the immotal words of Jerry Maguire: 'Lately, it's been getting worse . . . '

I think you can ask for a ban, although I'm not sure about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom