• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend said black people are niggers and wants poor people to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMufasa

Saw the thread title and its got 11 pages....

.....scared to ask but pleeeease tell me no one in this thread defended her

No, it's not. It's not unrealistic to expect people to be decent human beings. It's not unrealistic to expect people to care about others.

I refuse to believe that the world is such a shitty place that we can't expect people to give a fuck anymore. Fuck that noise and don't give into it.

Call shitty things out. Always.

Really? I beg to differ

My eyes can't physically roll hard enough at this.

Why? Because I called out your extremism? You aren't rationalizing this situation while trying to be gung-ho about 'righting the wrong'. You need to think in reality, which is that OP has absolutely zero proof that she is a racist, thus, nothing will happen but a highly-pissed off ex girlfriend, of whom will want revenge. Are you seriously implying that the OP should risk his well-being on a situation that he can't even even win just so your ideals are met? Jesus.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Saw the thread title and its got 11 pages....

.....scared to ask but pleeeease tell me no one in this thread defended her

People pointed out that hospitals were stressful places. They got called on most hospital employees not dealing with that by being racists.

Then myself and others noted op telling her boss she's a racist won't do anything, given he's her ex and can't substantiate his claims.

SeanTSC

Homeless people, not that it's any better but there is a difference here between poor people of color and homeless people.

Oh well, OP acted accordingly. End of the story.

Ah, yes. Such a big difference between my wording of "poor people of color" and her words of "homeless niggers" that she wishes were dead.

My bad. I was simply trying not to repeat her shit over and over.

Bgamer90

Banned
Sorry to hear that. Really disgusting.

And yes -- since her job is to help people of various backgrounds, there's nothing wrong with bringing it up to her boss. It's a personal decision though and as others have mentioned, may make someone think "retaliation" due to you breaking up with her. However, if your conscious would feel better doing it then do it. While some may not want to admit it, ignoring people like this plays a role in why their ideas continue to spread. Plays a role in the views being though as "mere opinions" instead of disgusting and dangerous.

LordKasual

Banned
My eyes can't physically roll hard enough at this.

You feel as if you're obligated to contact the workplace of every racist person you encounter? You feel as though its your job to bring these people to justice because you know that they're racist and that they probably maybe kinda might bring that to work with them in an unlawful or malicious manner? You feel as though you should ruin their lives before they're able to get this far?

lol what else could you even call that?

Racist sympathy is in these days. Didn't think we'd have people cape for this ladies job. Wouldn't want her assisting me or my family. You shouldn't either, well, unless you're not black.

It's not "racist sympathy", it's just common sense. Do you know what sympathy is? Nobody is sympathizing with the stupid girl.

Man these threads are a massive waste of time

Yes play the victim card. Poor you who can't ignore all the arguments that clearly show why it's important to inform the boss of a nurse that wishes death upon most of her patients. How dare we.
There is no big picture here, she isn't an everyday racist that think all black people are lazy or some other shit. She wish death upon the people that, as a nurse, has their life in her hands. How can you still not get it and keep thinking you are the victim here.

And just to clear any misunderstanding, I'm not implying anything, I'm stating it.

I'm not playing any card, I'm asking you to not call me a piece of shit because I disagree with you on something relatively minor. It's completely inappropriate and unjustified. The snark oozing from your posts is exactly why I think discussion like this on GAF are so difficult, because people like you can't agree to disagree without resorting to name calling and insults, even though we both agree that racism is bad and shouldn't be tolerated. All we're doing is disagreeing on how to deal with it, and some how that makes me a piece of shit?

zer0das

Banned
Given her response to the situation, do you really think it would be difficult to goad her into putting it in writing? Because I'm guessing it wouldn't be. She's probably pissed at you and is dying to tell you "how things really are."

I get there are all sorts of negative things that could happen to you if you follow up on this. But if you were black would you want someone who wishes you were dead being responsible for your health? Or if you were homeless?

SeanTSC

You feel as if you're obligated to contact the workplace of every racist person you encounter? You feel as though its your job to bring these people to justice because you know that they're racist and that they probably maybe kinda might bring that to work with them in an unlawful or malicious manner? You feel as though you should ruin their lives before they're able to get this far?

It's not "racist sympathy", it's just common sense. Do you know what sympathy is? Nobody is sympathizing with the stupid girl.

If they're in healthcare and responsible for people's lives? ABSOLUTELY, I do. That's not extreme, stop feeling bad for racists and being too scared to do anything about them.

If they're in healthcare and responsible for people's lives? ABSOLUTELY, I do. That's not extreme, stop feeling bad for racists and being too scared to do anything about them.

Have you attempted to contact the hospital she works at? Have you PM'd OP asking for the name of the hospital so you can report her?

Zautruche

Banned

Fuck off with that shit, she is saying they should die. A nurse who is supposed to save their life is saying they should die.. How can you not see the difference. She isn't every racist you encounter, she is basically a nazi.

Bgamer90

Banned

"Every racist person" is not the same as a racist person someone had a relationship with.

You say "every" as if it's a random person in this situation when it's not. The situation is different in comparison to listening to someone on the street say something blatantly disgusting/racist and then (say) going online to try to search for them and their information and wanting to "ruin their life" from there.

Oh, get out of here with calling anyone who disagrees with you a person who is "feeling bad for racists". NO ONE SAID THAT. No one here is supporting her. We just have brains that allow us to understand how law works.

Wamb0wneD

OP you seriously should consider iforming her employer. With that attitude and racist bullshit she might as well end lives on purpose at her workplace.

Hey, OP. Guess what?

You said it too.

Your ex is a misguided, confused and simple person, but you proceeded to echo her irrationality in the thread title.

A 'N-word' abbreviation would suffice, just in case future events dictate the necessity of such language. Good on your for breaking up with her, though. I hope she really misses you, is horribly lonely and you one day educate her on the error of her ways.

What? There's a reason exclamation marks exist...

Edit: sorry thought there were exclamation marks in the thread title for some reason.

Leave it go, she was probably frustrated with you and expressed it poorly.

Not sure if serious or...

Zautruche

Banned
I'm not playing any card, I'm asking you to not call me a piece of shit because I disagree with you on something relatively minor. It's completely inappropriate and unjustified. The snark oozing from your posts is exactly why I think discussion like this on GAF are so difficult, because people like you can't agree to disagree without resorting to name calling and insults, even though we both agree that racism is bad and shouldn't be tolerated. All we're doing is disagreeing on how to deal with it, and some how that makes me a piece of shit?

Something minor = "stupid homeless nigger should die" uttered by a nurse.
That's what makes you a piece of shit, you keep on putting what she said given her job, as something minor and of no importance when it's clearly not.

Seesaw15

Given her response to the situation, do you really think it would be difficult to goad her into putting it in writing? Because I'm guessing it wouldn't be. She's probably pissed at you and is dying to tell you "how things really are."

I get there are all sorts of negative things that could happen to you if you follow up on this. But if you were black would you want someone who wishes you were dead being responsible for your health? Or if you were homeless?

Pretty much this OP. I'd just contact her over Facebook/text and ask her why she said that stuff and if she believes its. She seems like a passion racist so she'll explain why blacks/homeless people are the worst and how she hates treating them. Screenshot the conversation and send it to the nursing board for misconduct.

This way you get a postmortem of your relationship and some solid evidence for her work.

Gaf 2017 man, where calling out a Nurse who wished for poor black people to die is considered "extreme" behavior and "ridiculous vigilantism".

According to the op she wished all poor people she worked with to die, she thought her boyfriend was stupid for playing chess with a homeless black person (who she referred to with the n-word).

That's what makes you a piece of shit, you keep on putting what she said given her job, as something minor and of no importance when it's clearly not.

The 'something minor' is how we deal with it, not the racist behaviour itself. I never said what she said was minor, the 'do we call her boss or not' part is the minor part. And it is minor, because we're talking about one specific situation that has little to no effect on the bigger discussion of how do we combat racism.

It's probably time for you to take a step back from this discussion if you can't converse without resorting to insults. Like, you're calling me a piece of shit for only agreeing with 98% of your position.

LordKasual

Banned
"Every racist person" is not the same as a racist person someone had a relationship with.

You say "every" as if it's a random person in this situation when it's not. The situation is different in comparison to listening to someone on the street say something blatantly disgusting/racist and then (say) going online to try to search for them and their information and wanting to "ruin their life" from there.

Somehow I doubt the person we're responding to is operating on a contextual basis here

just about everyone in the thread agrees that she's a shitty person, but we've still got morons calling people out their name because they don't agree with their own personal methods of feeling like a boon to society

so whatever, carry on, this thread isn't going to progress past this.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Of course I would, but I wouldn't call other people 'cowardly' or 'a piece of shit' for not calling the hospital and tell them on my behalf.

But your fine actively discouraging them doing so. (Don't pretend as if that wasn't what you were doing).

Ok man sure. Excellent priorites there.

Alienous

Of course I would, but I wouldn't call other people 'cowardly' or 'a piece of shit' for not calling the hospital and tell them on my behalf.

So what would you consider a valid excuse for not even attempting to make a hospital aware that one of their nurses thinks that you and people like you deserve to die?

A real piece of shit is someone who wants OP to jeopardize his well-being to act like law enforcement without any goddamn evidence whatsoever.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
She's gonna be one of those crazy killer nurses.

Zautruche

Banned

Did you ever face any discrimation at all in your life to say this ? What do you call those people then ?

If you can't be bothered to write an e-mail, stating that one of his nurse wished for a specific part of their patients to die, you are a coward and a piece of shit. You enable them and give them a free pass when you have the possiblity to do something about it.

Did you ever face any discrimation at all in your life to say this ? What do you call those people then ?

If you can't be bothered to write an e-mail, stating that one of his nurse wished for a specific part of their patients to die, you are a coward and a piece of shit. You enable them and give them a free pass when you have the possiblity to do something about it.

Go ahead and call for OP, then.

9e8a35e66fc8af64170a8cabc42e3f92.gif

But your fine actively discouraging them doing so. (Don't pretend as if that wasn't what you were doing).

Yes, I was fine discouraging OP from calling up a hospital and telling them that one of their nurses is racist because it'll do absolutely nothing other than make him look like a spiteful ex boyfriend. That's the only outcome of that phone call, it's not worth pursuing when the only outcome is a net loss for OP and OP alone.

Have you emailed the hospital? Have you asked OP for the name of the hospital so you can reach out and let them know? What's your attempt to do something about this specific situation? I'm not a piece of shit, and I know that. I'm a good person and I do speak out for others that need a voice, but not agreeing with you on one specific thing does not negate everything else that I do and doesn't make me a piece of shit. You need to understand that there is no objective right when it comes to dealing with situations like this, and anyone who even slightly disagrees with you is not suddenly a horrible person. You need to understand that. We both want the same result, we just disagree with what action should be taken in one very specific situation.

LordKasual

Banned
So what would you consider a valid excuse for not even attempting to make a hospital aware that one of their nurses thinks that you and people like you deserve to die?

Why don't all of you super self-righteous warriors of the downtrodden just PM OP for the details of this woman so you can take care of this issue yourself

and maybe stop shitting on people who are, by all rational accounts, already on your side?

You can call people pieces of shit all you want, but you're still on NeoGAF behind your keyboards not stopping Racist Dexter, screaming about how brave and courageous you would be if only you had the chance to actually do something

But you aint doing shit either. So please, jump off your high horse.

Gaf 2017 man, where calling out a Nurse who wished for poor black people to die is considered "extreme" behavior and "ridiculous vigilantism".

Yes, that's a bit rich. I honestly don't know whether calling her work would be effective, but _not_ doing so would be 0% effective, guaranteed.

Fred-87

I would call the workplace of her and say it anyway. Even if they wont believe you.. What if they had a similair complaint about her a year back, and they didnt believed that. But now that they have a second complained...

Zautruche

Banned
A real piece of shit is someone who wants OP to jeopardize his well-being to act like law enforcement without any goddamn evidence whatsoever.

"jeopardize his well-being" You have any proof of that ? No you don't.
"act like law enforcement" Is he going to arrest her and throw in jail ? No he isn't. He would only be informing her boss about what happen that might lead to nothing.
"any goddamn evidence whatsoever" Only if you think in a bubble and are incapable of thinking she might have/will get complains about her extreme racism.

I'd rather be a piece of shit who doesn't look the other way when a nurse wishes for her patient's death, than be complicit like you out of fear that a nazi cunt might do something to me.

Dude Abides

Banned
No employer is going to act on some random phone call from an ex of a former employee claiming the employee made racist comments. Plus if she works where I suspect she does her union would challenge any such action and would probably prevail.

Alienous

This assumes that she's unstable enough to threaten the safety of the OP, but not unstable enough to jeopardize the well-being of people (patients) whom she stated she would prefer dead.

Unless you're saying that people should be kowtowed to based on imagined threats, which seems like a good way to keep dangerous people in positions of power. But fair enough - I believe there's a quote about this - good people doing nothing, or something like that.

In any case I wouldn't demand any action from the OP, but I do think this has more significance than to be dismissed with "if probably won't do anything anyway".

Pepiope

So is the OP a coward and a piece of shit?

You're focusing your anger on the wrong person. Why are we pointlessly fighting while on the same side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom