• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is, and I *love* Miiverse.

Neiteio

I don't see why it couldn't be both. I mean Miiverse has a community for Luigi's Mansion 2 right now, right? (I don't have a Wii U so I don't know for sure) It would be a bit weird to only be able to get on a separate miiverse per platform, yet be able to access either from your phone & computer.
I believe it's a Year of Luigi community, actually.

Margalis

Banned
Anyone remember how Gaf predicted the moderation would be a total failure, and that posts would either take days to show up or it would be all penises?

Gafstrodamus strikes again!

Fandangox

I did not know nintendo invented online message board communities.

For clarification. Its 2013. Its pretty likely whatever "concept" some company comes up with someone already came up with it before.

Innovation is not just about coming up with completely new things never seen before, but it is also getting old ideas and implement them in new ways.

So yes, message boards, communities and social network obviously existed before miiverse, but this is the first time a Video Game console has its own integrated twitter-style social network where posts are feed directly into a gaming community, depending of which game you are playing. It works pretty well, as whatever you post, is quite likely someone will care about it, as it belongs to a specific topic.

kunonabi

I love miiverse although I haven't been as much lately because of finals.

As anybody else's miiverse been acting up since the update? Mine never connects on the first try anymore. Hulu has also gotten messed come to think of it.

RobbieNick

I'm over 1,000 yeahs and still going. I absolutely love the thing. I honestly have a better online experience on Wii U than PS3 or 360. Understand though, I rarely do audio chat. It's great for if you get stuck in a game.

Here are some of my most recent posts.

XppRslx.png

TjFUPxY.png

DyL7qAa.png

3DTuV3G.png

I love Miiverse, I just want to be able to post via phone and not just reply, also I needs my 3DS support, then we're all cool, that being said, Miiverse was the biggest surprise ever for me, I generally hate online communities, I dislike online stuff in general and anything about a system that isn't gaming but... Nintendo made a community about the games, for players and non players of said games, a way to be creative, supportive, and even apart of the game itself. You can color me surprised and I can only hope for its success in the coming years.

rokero

I too think miiverse is one of the best features of wiiu and i'm eagerly awaiting the 3ds version, the reason nintendo doesn't let users make new post on miiverse from mobile phone or pc is because they want you to keep coming back to use the console as much as possible.

do you guys think it's possible that with future updates users can upload videos to miiverse like replays in sport games or in nsmbu challenge mode upload replays of your best run ect ect

I'm over 1,000 yeahs and still going. I absolutely love the thing. I honestly have a better online experience on Wii U than PS3 or 360. Understand though, I rarely do audio chat. It's great for if you get stuck in a game.

Here are some of my most recent posts.

3DTuV3G.png

#deadfromlaughter

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
do you guys think it's possible that with future updates users can upload videos to miiverse like replays in sport games or in nsmbu challenge mode upload replays of your best run ect ect
This would elevate it in to a new level of greatness. The only issue being that you would need games to support these features.

Yeah the Miiverse is actually genius. I love how it is integrated into NSMBU, with notes scattered around the map, and other people venting their frustrations if you die. Not since Dark Souls has there been a more fluid "online single player" game. It is also really active and people reply to your questions and comments quite quickly.

To the bolded, I say ZombiU, easily.

You can spray paint messages on walls for your friends to see when they play the game and pass through that area, alerting them to impending danger, or hidden items, or even just to troll. When you see these messages, you can rate them as trustworthy or not so other players who see them afterwards know whether to pay attention to them or not.

When a friend dies, you get notified that their zombified character is roaming in a specific area so you can go find them, 'kill' them, and take their loot.

Yeah it's great.
I do still think the WiiU needs some sort of achievement system though.

This could easily be done via Miiverse tagging. In Your Shape Fitness, your achievements automatically post to Miiverse with a tag such as 'Medal Unlocked' with 'Reached a new high score of 98 in "Warm Up 1" for instance as the post content. If you click the tag, you can see everyone who got this achievement. It's similar to those "Beat the level in 30 seconds" posts in NSMBU except it's instant and automatic.

OzPinoy

Banned
I agree, Though if they can integrate a "Home" copy like your Mii avatar walking around inside an interactive warawara plaza. Otherwise it a good feature from Nintendo who actually did abit of foward thinking with their internet part. An improvise Nintendo is only going to get better. Heck they doing alot more update on Miiverse.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Hi OP, thank you for the reference you made on me, I guess... Question though, do you believe optimism can't be taken seriously?

I'm confident other people than me here know Wii U is a good enough product to be revitalized with the right moves.

Cheers.

This could easily be done via Miiverse tagging. In Your Shape Fitness, your achievements automatically post to Miiverse with a tag such as 'Medal Unlocked' with 'Reached a new high score of 98 in "Warm Up 1" for instance as the post content. If you click the tag, you can see everyone who got this achievement. It's similar to those "Beat the level in 30 seconds" posts in NSMBU except it's instant and automatic.
Great. But we also need a small ingame sound and notification. It's a great feel i think. I'm not playing for the trophies or achievements but they do make it extra fun imo.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
"Posting is currently restricted. Please wait 4 more minutes to post."

Did I hit a certain hourly/daily quota or am I being moderated? either way, I'm not crazy you about anymore. ( ._.)

Hi OP, thank you for the reference you made on me, I guess... Question though, do you believe optimism can't be taken seriously?
It's a friendly jab that I hope you didn't take too seriously.
KuGsj.gif

7threst

It's weird how Miiverse creeped into my gamesessions on Wii U as something I check out regularly but doesn't feel at all like it takes you out of the game. I love it!

kizmah

Miiverse just makes the WiiU feel ALIVE. Like you're not just playing a game, but you're playing in... like, an arcade or something. Just knowing all these other people are around, in this community, playing and talking about games.

You nailed it. Miiverse just makes you feel a part of a community even when you are playing a single player-game. When sharing screenshots, asking for help or helping someone yourself you realise that a bunch of people are playing the same game as you in that exact moment. And that's a great feeling.

I really like the constant updates to the service and it's integreaton in games like NSMBU and Zombi U is a great start to what will surely explode with games like Mario Kart and Smash.

"Posting is currently restricted. Please wait 4 more minutes to post."

Did I hit a certain hourly/daily quota or am I being moderated? either way, I'm not crazy you about anymore. ( ._.)

It's a friendly jab that I hope you don't take too seriously.
KuGsj.gif

There's a 5 min wait period between new posts (but not comments). They added this to prevent people from spamming.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's weird how Miiverse creeped into my gamesessions on Wii U as something I check out regularly but doesn't feel at all like it takes you out of the game. I love it!
I find myself posting a few things while playing then stepping out of the house, only to check it out on my phone later. So when something prompts me into that type of behavior (*coughnottomentioncreatingthisverythreadcough*) it definitely means the service struck a chord and passed a certain threshold for me.

There's a 5 min wait period between new posts (but not comments). They added this to prevent people from spamming.
Well there you go, I am now officially a spammer on a Nintendo online service. Who woulda thunk it?!

Edit:

Oh wait, I wanted to comment on a post I made, and didn't realize I was about to make a new post instead.

You know what? Miiverse is a great social feature to the Nintendo world, it shows about your daily gaming basis and you can chat with everyone that you didn't know also you can take screenshots and spoilers that might shocked the whole gaming community if you play the game and you want to see the end in text-based.
But anyways, it's a great feature of the Wii U, it's very good, very good. Check it out!
@ Ben Roderick

Did what? Have game specific forums? Let you share screenshots? None of it works as well as Miiverse.

I have to agree with this. It lacks cohesion and the same sense of community. I also prefer the 100 character post limit compared to people writing multiple paragraphs of..whatever on Steam. I never feel compelled to check the Steam Community, and I only post by uploading screenshots - which I only do because I personally want to save a screenshot, not for others to see.

Pineconn

Miiverse and the WaraWara Plaza exist primarily to provide Wii U users with a sense of empathy, according to Mr. Iwata. I have to say that Nintendo has succeeded with this. Reading direct comments from developers is pretty damn cool, too.

Yagharek

I have nothing but contempt for Facebook and Twitter forced integration all over the place, so I was hesitant about miiverse.

I'm surprised the signal to noise ratio is as high as it is, and it is a genuinely useful feature more often than not.

I like it

Miiverse is surprisingly good. Can't say I actually browse it but I like some of the stuff that gets posted here from it. Plus the 60 hz campaign actually worked. For some titles anyway :/

cacildo

I remember when people thought Miiverse was gonna be stupid and Nintendo Tvii was gonna be great

Nintendo Tvii dont even work in my country, but i dont see anybody talking about it.

Now miiverse.... miiverse is great!!!!

When Super Smash Bros. U comes out, the Miiverse page will be filled with nothing but "OMG, LOOK AT THE AWESOME TITLE SCREEN" posts.

Sadist

Miiverse is way to addictive. There is a plethora of "lol this game is hard or man this bit is hard" posts, but overall there are enough funny comments, screenshots, tips and insane art featured. Every day a visit to Miiverse is pretty sweet.

Drawing stuff is pretty fun as well.

zlCfzQ_Iky8Qm_U66L

zlCfzQ-9LiIQj3riQm

painting

painting

painting

Jawmuncher

Im definitely surprised how much I like miiverse.
Haven't used it to much but the idea for what it could turn into really excites me.

Miiverse is way to addictive. There is a plethora of "lol this game is hard or man this bit is hard" posts, but overall there are enough funny comments, screenshots, tips and insane art featured. Every day a visit to Miiverse is pretty sweet.

Drawing stuff is pretty fun as well.

zlCfzQ_Iky8Qm_U66L

metroidcrawl12.jpg

Schnei871

It will be sooo awesome for the 3DS! With it's giant library already. If they add colour eventually too the Nintendo world will explode :p

MarkusRJR

Miiverse was awesome a few months ago before a lot of kids got on it. Now it reminds me of the YouTube comment section minus the crazy opinions/conspiracies, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Launch era Miiverse was the best thing ever.

Coolwhip

Banned
I like the concept of it, but the execution needs a lot of work still. Miiverse is basically one huge thread per game. Which makes it really hard to know what's going on.

Top Bottom