• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is, and I *love* Miiverse.

CengizMan

Someone remind me, how do I take a photo in-game and upload it? Do I just press the Home button and then... do something?

1. Press HOME button
  2. Select Miiverse
  3. When posting something in the community of the game you're playing, you can select a screenshot

If I remember correctly, there was a Miiverse update last week or so that also allowed replying on posts with screenshots.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Really comes alive in puzzle oriented games like The Cave and Trine 2. So easy to post a screenshot and ask for a hint.
Toki Tori 2 without miiverse would have been a very frustrating experience to me.
Miiverse users helped me four times so far: within a couple of minutes at most, I had my answer to get through my dead end. Just cool.

rbanke

I've said before that I simply do not understand why some people are so into MiiVerse. Anytime I look at it, it feels like a very poorly laid out message forum. I see the appeal of being able to ask a game specific question but outside of that I don't get why its so great. I don't think its bad or anything, just nothing special that I can see. The last time I said something like this, I don't remember any replies articulating why its amazing.

Javier

<3 Miiverse. Great feature and can't wait for the 3DS version.

It's hilarious looking at the noob comments on VC games.

XenodudeX

Yeah Miiverse is pretty great. Shame once the Ps4 and the nextbox comes out with their own the gaming press will proclaim it as the second coming of jesus.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I dont know what is worse. That you did that knowing it would blocked.. or that you did that just to post it here for attention knowing that it would be blocked.
Well, not that I don't enjoy basking in GAF's attention, but this scribble was created back in Jan 25th to test how fast it would be caught by the moderation. I was going to make "tits" a lot less obvious but ended up with this.

Anyhow, it was deleted within an hour of posting, and my takeaway is that they're pretty diligent and not only when it comes to text (where filters can be triggered) or drawn penises.

I'm not a fan.
FUCK YOU

sakipon

I've said before that I simply do not understand why some people are so into MiiVerse. Anytime I look at it, it feels like a very poorly laid out message forum. I see the appeal of being able to ask a game specific question but outside of that I don't get why its so great. I don't think its bad or anything, just nothing special that I can see. The last time I said something like this, I don't remember any replies articulating why its amazing.

I don't think it can be explained outside of listing the features. I can see how it's not for everyone. Though I don't think you should view as a message board, with the user streams it's more of a Twitter really.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What do we even *know* about their plans for the 3DS Miiverse? I haven't been following up on all the recent, ill-timed NDs.

Jay Sosa

What is, the 3DS Miiverse begging or the thread in general? :lol

The WiiU threads that try to counter all the negative press that this thing is getting the last few days. It was more the "I want to buy a Wii U" one that made me say that tbh. It was just so weird to see two positive U threads in such short time.

The WiiU threads that try to counter all the negative press that this thing is getting the last few days. It was more the "I want to buy a Wii U" one that made me say that tbh. It was just so weird to see two positive U threads in such short time.

I'm confused.

Why would someone who doesn't own a Wii U make a thread to purposefully try to counter the negative threads?

Secondly, are you suggesting that there cannot possibly be genuine positive Wii U threads?

Raptomex

I like Miiverse myself. I enjoy the fact that you can access it via PC. I can't wait for them to update the PC interface.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The timing of this thread could be perceived as suspicious, a knee jerk reaction of sorts to the negative press, I agree. However, as I expressed in the OP, it has everything to do with me purchasing MH recently and Super Metroid day-1. Those two games gave me a real opportunity to test Miiverse out and I came out very impressed. I say impressed, because you'll never catch me defending the SW/HW performance of the Wii U, or Nintendo's strategy in general, so I had a very low opinion thus far and this came as a pleasant surprise.

That's all there is to it, unless I'm required to share the history of my platform purchases and how I love all games and systems equally, with photos of me hugging them while holding a "hi neogaf" note. I mean I can do it, but only naked.

Jay Sosa

Secondly, are you suggesting that there cannot possibly be genuine positive Wii U threads?

Nah, It's all good. It was just so surprising to see after the last few days. I'm glad that there are some out there that enjoy their U. I rather read something positive than all those U is dooomed shit.

The timing of this thread could be perceived as suspicious, a knee jerk reaction of sorts to the negative press, I agree. However, as I expressed in the OP, it has everything to do with me purchasing MH recently and Super Metroid day-1. Those two games gave me a real opportunity to test Miiverse out and I came out very impressed. I say impressed, because you'll never catch me defending the SW/HW performance of the Wii U, or Nintendo's strategy in general, so I had a very low opinion thus far and this came as a pleasant surprise.

That's all there is to it, unless I'm required to share the history of my platform purchases and how I love all games and systems equally, with photos of me hugging them while holding a "hi neogaf" note.

Lol, nah see above.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

That's all there is to it, unless I'm required to share the history of my platform purchases and how I love all games and systems equally, with photos of me hugging them while holding a "hi neogaf" note. I mean I can do it, but only naked.
Lol, now I want you in my miiverse sream, what's your ID?

spliced

I gotta say when I first learned about it I couldn't care less, but after using it it's pretty neat. I like how even 1 player games have almost a multiplayer feel to them. Plus the community feels right there with you as you are playing the game. If you play a game later after it's release and go on a forum it seems like most people have already finished with the game and mostly have moved on. When you go on Miiverse it feels like you're interacting with ones that are right in the middle of playing the game as well.

I also find the strict moderating a refreshing change from the kind of behavior that's usually is associated with online gamers.

rbanke

I don't think it can be explained outside of listing the features. I can see how it's not for everyone. Though I don't think you should view as a message board, with the user streams it's more of a Twitter really.

I like message forums, but don't have much interest in social media. I don't have a Facebook account, but I do use twitter just because its the quickest way to get news and info about certain things. I'm willing to admit that something like MiiVerse is just not for me, I keep hoping I'll 'get it' though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
MiiVerse was really fun at launch and it has a ton of potential. The fact that Nintendo heard the outcry for Earthbound in the west on MiiVerse and decided to bring it over because of that is amazing.

That said, I haven't been using it very often for my own post. The only Wii U game I'm actively playing is Monster Hunter and without the screen capture feature in that game, I don't find any desire to use it.

Speaking of screen capturing, I wish there was a quick button (like a print screen) so you could save shots for later, instead of having to go all the way into MiiVerse (which can take quite a while to go GAME -> HOME -> MiiVerse -> Post -> HOME -> GAME). I would be taking a lot more screen captures in my Virtual Console games at least.

But once games really start to come out this Summer and Fall though, I'm sure I'll be posting a bunch. I hope many games take the time to implement it as well as NSMBU did.

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
You get such a great feeling when you have helped someone on miiverse. Which is why I have the super metroid community open right now ;)

GetemMa

I like the Miiverse too but they need to implement party chat, a game invite system, and tethered text chat.

Kosma

Banned
I agree, Miiverse is great and funny

lZoGQh8.png

34OgOjP.png

tassletine

I think it's great. Toki Tori 2 would have been very difficult without it as a traditional FAQ is almost impossible with that game.
Nintendo get a lot of slack for their online service, but both the WiiU shop and the miiverse offer a much better service than the competition in my experience.
Also, the positive vibe of Miiverse is utterly surprising and fresh given the nature of the internet. It's just a pleasure to see the different art every day.

Can't say as I agree. I'm praying Sony & MS don't copy it, and if they do it had better be able to be disabled.

Very few games have messages pop up in-game and you can turn those off.
I'll beat you to "Very few games is every game on Wii U"
If you don't want to participate, dont open the app. If you "disable it", it essentially doesn't exist.

I think its really fun when you 'get into it', I enjoyed randomly making funny comments/taking funny pictures and the like while playing through Mario and Batman.

Then looking back over them months later and laughing again.

Games that integrate it are even cooler! I really hope more and more of them start to do that. A real selling point on the console to me, most people laugh it off but I actually legit enjoy it.

Great stuff!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I like the Miiverse too but they need to implement party chat, a game invite system, and tethered text chat.
Integrating to other features would be the next logical step, be it invites or otherwise. If the planned communities are supposed to work somewhat like MK7's then there's hope, seeing how launching matches was the crux of that feature.

I agree, Miiverse is great and funny

lZoGQh8.png

34OgOjP.png

Escandalo!

King_Moc

Banned
Miiverse just makes the WiiU feel ALIVE. Like you're not just playing a game, but you're playing in... like, an arcade or something. Just knowing all these other people are around, in this community, playing and talking about games.

Yeah, this is what does it for me too. It has a great sense of community. It's pretty unintrusive too. If you don't want to use it, it's pretty much just not there.

Top Bottom