• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

I wouldn't mind a part 3 that explores the Hyuga side. We got so many Sharingan exposition, but very little on the Hyuga, who were said to be stronger. Shedding some light on the Uzamaki clan wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

The setup is perfect seeing how Naruto will most likely have to be involved in the Hyuga seeing as the Hokage, and the husband of the clan leader.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There wont be , if kishi wanted to do a part 3 ,he would have not ended the manga.
There's two things that can happen (besides nothing).

A) Kishi can always decide to pick it up again with a part 3. People change their minds. Success of mini-series, desire to return to that world, pressure from fans... lots of things can happen.

B) Someone else does it, or it becomes an anime only thing a la DBGT. The mini-series itself is being done by someone else.

I'd be fine with either/or. Kishimoto is a great world builder and comes up with some great stuff but seeing a slightly more talented writer take the reigns of his world would be interesting.

Hans Holo

Banned
LMFAO at this thread

Sakura is a housewife because we see her cleaning up the house in one panel? looooool
Sure if she is working at the hospital she can't be cleaning up. Just because something isn't shown doesn't mean it's not happening.

People being serious and talking about abusive relationships. Wtf. Hahahahahaha. Don't call the cops guys it's just a manga.

Frog Fu. I read a lot of this thread and you come up with some good arguments sometimes. But. Bro just let it go. It's over now. Don't make all the years of being a fan be ruined by complaining about pairings.

People. Seriously. The most important shit is pairings to you in a ninja shonen? Seriously? I mean it's okay if you dislike it but stop bitching around and live with it.

I'm feeling sorry for kishi that Naruto gets critics because of such an unimportant aspect of the manga.

Butthurt people are butthurt.

That said I loved the finale, truly beautiful ending. But I have some questions:

1) What exactly did Yamato do to Zetsu? He pulled something off and killed him but didn't get what exactly (unimportant but still)

2) Naruto is not able to do FTG right? Wikia says it's a different Jutsu but everywhere I see people saying FTG Naruto bla bla

3) What was that with Kiba saying the 7th stepped down on his own?

4) What's the deal with Sasuke saying something like "until next time when we really finally settle things between us" in 699?

Heroman

Banned
Dragon Ball GT shows nobody cares what the actual author thinks. If there is money, they'll find a way.
At gave the ok to do DBGT, after that he did a few design and stuff but that it. If did had something to say about it they would listen to him. Japan is weird when it come to creator rights. I mean if it was all about the money then Jump would hire someone to finish HXH or at least make Togashi hire some help.

I don't get why Sakura coupling with Naruto all of a sudden salvages her character. She's always been a shallow pairing fodder character. Her motivations for being stronger were always done in the thoughts of Sasuke and Naruto instead of having one for herself. It's why her development was so haphazard throughout the entirety of the story. She was never an actual heroine for the story but a token female presence that was just strung along.

I said this before, but it sounds like a nice guy fantasy. I hear all the time about how Naruto did all these things for Sakura, so it's only correct that he should be rewarded, like Sakura the character is some sort of prized possession. The promise of a lifetime derived its bittersweetness from the love triangle. And if Naruto completed the task and showed how much he cared, without needing reciprocation, Sakura was supposed to flip the switch. lol Well I wouldn't put it past Kishimoto to do something like that. That's basically what was shown with Obito right? Commit mass murderer and become a terrorist and you'll meet your bae in heaven.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sorry to derail your shipping woes, but has anyone who's played Storm 3 picked up Revolution? Is it worth the seemingly base amount of new stuff they've added? Playable edo kage and Akatsuki storylines sound cool, but even Generations had all the Part I characters and seemed like it had more content...

Basically, is it worth it?

ghstwrld

bullshit, sis

Sakura's ideals are mostly concerned with keeping her promise with Ino and herself to become, as she puts it, a full-fledged ninja. Over the course of the story, through her work with Team 7, that has come to mean a couple of things, namely, that being a good person/ninja isn't a totally fixed and immutable thing, that it's something that has to be worked toward everyday by engaging with her shortcomings; accepting more responsibility; and not allowing the impacted filth of the ninja system's institutional problems to overpower the efforts of everyone, forcing them to accept a kind of false choice between arrested development and cynical maturity.

A lot of these things converge with and are focused by Tsunade. Kishi lays it out in 632, as Sakura perfects her sealing tech; we get a cool scene of their training together where Tsunade says becoming a full-fledged kunoichi is part of the promise and responsibility Sakura takes on when she became the student of a living legend and the fifth hokage, and that entails many things including perfecting and developing their craft for present and succeeding generations and freeing Tsunade of her guilt over the deaths of Dan and Nawaki, preserving her legacy and will of fire.

Sorry to derail your shipping woes, but has anyone who's played Storm 3 picked up Revolution? Is it worth the seemingly base amount of new stuff they've added? Playable edo kage and Akatsuki storylines sound cool, but even Generations had all the Part I characters and seemed like it had more content...

Basically, is it worth it?

It's okay.

The only thing I genuinely like about it are the finishing moves.

Otherwise you know what you're in for when you pay for it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I always saw Naruto's crush on Sakura, as one of those childish ones you have but eventually get over it once you mature and have another outlook on life.

Also people "but all the development between the two!!!1!1!!1" what development? The running gags of her beating the shit out of him, the lol parallels? that's not development that's just Kishimo hanging a carrot infront of the fans so they can keep reading his manga. Development is what Hinata did during Pain Invasion, from someone that was at first scared of fucking Neji to one that stood against Pain to protect her man without fear, that's developemnt. She went from passing out in front of Naruto, to bitch-slap him so Obito's talk-no-jutsu didn't get to him. Actually Obito is what Naruto would've become if someone like Hinata wasn't there IMO.

Sakura as a character left a lot be desired, you think with Sasuke's bullshit she would've gotten over him and dedicate herself to her medical carreer, but nope. But then again, I think Kishimoto absolutely hated her, and it geniunely feels like he regrets having her as the female lead, all the important and pivotal moments in the manga for a female character Hinata got them all.

Sakura was I think the only character that didnt change much, she stayed the same throughout the entire manga, only got more powerful. There was no character arc for her, even her chidhood was boring compared to the other characters (bullied because of big forehead? lol gimme break).

Yado

Also, there's no campaign that follows the plot of the anime in UNSR. It would probably be better to wait for the next game tbh.

Actually Obito is what Naruto would've become if someone like Hinata wasn't there IMO

Hinata is the reason Naruto isn't a psychopathic man child?!

HAHAHAhAHAHA

Iruka would like to have a word with you.

Naruto admitted outright were it not for him he'd be like Gaara, back when he beat him.

Error

Hinata is the reason Naruto isn't a psychopathic man child?!

HAHAHAhAHAHA

Iruka would like to have a word with you.

Naruto admitted outright were it not for him he'd be like Gaara, back when he beat him.

I'm talking about the scene where Obito is using TnJ on Naruto after Neji's death, Obito was clearly getting to him.

Sasuke's redemption was no more offensive or unjustified than Obito's or Pain's. That doesn't mean they were all well written, but they share the exact same issues and it's all par for the course at this point. I agree with Psycho Mantis that Naruto and Sakura are in the same boat so it doesn't make sense to complain about one but not the other, especially when Naruto is the title character and his attempts to redeem Sasuke is the entire overarching goal throughout the manga. One of these is more fundamental to the series than the other but you would never guess that given where people focus their ire.

It mostly comes down to this, is it an issue of principle or implementation? Is Sakura becoming romantically involved with Sasuke unconscionable based on their history; i.e. it should never happen regardless of how long it takes to get there or how it was written? If so, I see little reason why that principle would not also lead us to conclude that Naruto should never forgive Sasuke either, regardless of how it gets written.

I really think it's just a matter of implementation. Kishi is not a great writer and his female characters are bad, that should go without saying. It's not like this series is some shining example that eschews Japan's larger cultural problems with sex/gender. But that's a problem of getting there, not whether the destination is inherently objectionable.

And I really find comparisons to domestic abuse a bit much. We rightfully understand context and don't say Sakura or Kushina are being abusive when they smack or punch Naruto/Minato around. It's just a cultural trope/joke, so we don't just look at the action itself.

So why do we say Sasuke is being an abuser when he tries to accomplish his goals the same way every ninja in this world does, through violence? Nothing he does is in the context of a romantic relationship or done for the purposes of relational control/power (which is the predominant psychological model for domestic abuse). Even if we were to accept that, then Sasuke is still being an abusive friend to Naruto and we should complain equally of Naruto forgiving him too.

Village

Fuck it, I'm going to pretend LadyGT's finale is canon. At least NaruSaku actually respected and admired each other on top of their longstanding friendship. More importantly, Sakura doesn't turn into a complete fucking doormat when she's around Naruto.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/30e1a8d9fb9ef9bc5e1df93717b6bfd0/tumblr_n6kj5ruXS11rn39jeo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Thats neat

I mean its sad but its neat I guess

You fan fiction doesn't count.

Fanfiction, we are talking about those chapters kishimoto basically apologized for her existence, where the characters shat on her and naruto was like nah breh.

You can't even tell the difference between the Sakura in chapter 3 and the one in 699.

Its almost as if she's been a shit character the entire time and people are pretending she wasn't.

Zeroth

1) What exactly did Yamato do to Zetsu? He pulled something off and killed him but didn't get what exactly (unimportant but still)

Nothing, they just died off as the Infinite Tsukyomi faded off.

2) Naruto is not able to do FTG right? Wikia says it's a different Jutsu but everywhere I see people saying FTG Naruto bla bla

He used the body flicker technique, but people probably misread it as the FTG.

3) What was that with Kiba saying the 7th stepped down on his own?

I think he was telling a story. That panel confused me too.

4) What's the deal with Sasuke saying something like "until next time when we really finally settle things between us" in 699?

Probably the fight Naruto wanted to have with him.

Well I always complain about Naruto's "friendship" with The Sauce, one of the biggest falings of the manga was the poor portrayal of their relationship considering how important it's supposed to be. Other characters who didn't get nearly the same amount of screentime had a more believable and developed friendship.(Madara/Hashi, Nagato/Yahiko)

I don't know how Sasuke/Naruto got screwed up so badly, and I was "mostly" fine with how Sakura and Naruto reacted to Sasuke until the 5 Kage arc, huge jump the shark moments for in there.

Yado

Thats neat

I mean its sad but its neat I guess

Fanfiction, we are talking about those chapters kishimoto basically apologized for her existence, where the characters shat on her and naruto was like nah breh.

Its almost as if she's been a shit character the entire time and people are pretending she wasn't.

idk, the Sakura who cried and cut her hair in part one is a far cry from the Sakura in the war. In terms of her personal/romantic behaviour, I can easily see any other female character in Naruto behaving the same way. If Sakura seems worse than the other female characters it's because Kishi had more time to ruin her than he did the others, it's not like she's a sentient entity that came to life and started writing her character's development on her own.

Error

Ranking time? Oh yeah..
1. Tobirama
2. Minato
3. Naruto
4. Hashirama
5. Kakashi
6. Hiruzen
7. Tsunade

Yes, Naruto is the most powerful of all the Hokage. But we haven't really seen him act as Hokage yet. Tobirama is GOAT, Minato is second for sacrificing himself for the village and Naruto's sake.

Though in Naruto's favor, he has Shikamura as his right-hand man. That's like not fair, so he'll probably end up being GOAT thanks to Shikamaru and his TnJ.

Village

idk, the Sakura who cried and cut her hair in part one is a far cry from the Sakura in the war. In terms of her personal/romantic behaviour, I can easily see any other female character in Naruto behaving the same way. If Sakura seems worse than the other female characters it's because Kishi had more time to ruin her than he did the others, it's not like she's a sentient entity that came to life and started writing her character's development on her own.

I would argue that many moments like these didn't have enough exploration of her character behind it to make them meaningful whilst she was around characters like Naruto and sasuke. Two specific problems in particular a lot of her character " developments " didn't exist she didn't change much really/ those "changes" came way after they should have. There was never enough... in there or written to ever make her character that meaningful. Like the chunin exams, he beef with ino didn't have enough context and wasn't really important enough to mean anything. Rock lee was introduced in that arc and had more shit than sakura. Garra and his siblings came through with more shit than sakura, neji and hinata came through with more shit than sakura. Shimaru had more shit than sakura

This brings me to to the real issue, her entire character revolves around naruto and sasuke. Her homeostasis is shit that invovles naruto and sasuke, sometimes she fights other people, but who she is who , what her story is never given enough time to make anything she does mean anything. And ontop of that, she's an asshole. Like if she was just a nothing character like iruka no one would say anything, but she's also an asshole.

Like everyone has like a narrative thing, that's explored outside of the main narrative except for sakura.

Like strait up, who is sakura haruno, I know we met her parents once. But who is she

I can tell you about a shit ton other characters goings on.

Everyone else has like other shit going, but everytime she gets a thing to do she gets regulated to worrying about sasuke or naruto. Then they put her in a fight and people are like " isn't she a cool guy " yeah she would be a cool guy if she was a person.

I agree with your kishi statement, but I don't think she was ever a far cry from anything, she never developed , rather she was never anything. She learned how to punch hard from a character who had far more development than she did.

There's no problem with showing her feminine side. Those scenes are fine. The real problem is what Kishi didn't show which is an aspect of the conclusion of her character that centers around her role as a ninja. Cleaning the house was probably not the best way to show her final role. She should at least be a teacher at the academy or something, or heading a new Medical Nin school. The one scene that keeps being brought up was more a moment of weakness showing that she never got over Sasuke rather than a regression of character, but it wasn't conveyed well because the stronger aspects of her character weren't focused on after the war.

1) Why? Do ninja's not clean their houses. She probably got a day off due to the kage meeting. The jump to conclusion just because we see her cleaning the house is so stupid.

2) Is there anything wrong in being a housewife because you guys are acting like there is? So she wanted to spend the rest of her life making the ones she loves the most happy and taking care of them.

This doesn't seem to account much for the fact that in that time Naruto and Sakura grew closer than Sasuke and Sakura had ever been and she was beginning to have feelings for him. I don't believe for a second that anyone could still genuinely believe NaruSaku wasn't a strong possibility around the time they went looking for Sasuke at the start of Part II.

Romantically, not even close. sakura has not once EVER confessed her love towards Naruto. NaruSaku was a possibility but only a small one. In fact the fake confession scene was probably the moment NS died.

The vast majority of development between Sasuke and Sakura was negative. Only wishful thinking could convince someone they were meant to be after each and every time he did something fucked up.

Again no. Part 1 positively showed their relationship and even showed that Sasuke did care for her as well. In Part 2 sasuke's interactions with everyone from Konoha was negative. You might not have had faith that Sakura still loved Sasuke and Sasuke still cared for her but evidently Sakura still did and similarly Naruto still had faith that his friend was redeemable.

I already did in a previous post. Sakura instantly forgave Sasuke and made him the centre of her universe all over again and was willing to leave the village, as if she didn't care who'd be leaving behind or what others would think of her. It was like Sakura hadn't come into her own as an individual. That's why it felt so OOC.

Naruto instantly forgave Sasuke as well. Again you seem to lack comprehension of the situation. It didn't matter if Sasuke's apology was poorly worded, really short etc what Sakura knew and what everyone else knew was that he was sincere and meant it. THATS what mattered.

Placing the person you love the most at the centre of your universe.....thats normal lol. She wasn't going to leave the village. Once again you lack comprehension of the situation. I told you that it was her way of getting a response from him to the question of if he cared for her hence the blushing. Funnily, Sasuke knew exactly what she meant with that question. Its not my fault you can't see that.

Sasuke was saved by Naruto. There was no reason for Sakura to want to marry him, let alone actually do it by the end of the manga, but she did because she had to be somebody's waifu.

Sure Naruto did the work but that doesn't mean that Sasuke does not value his bonds with Sakura or Sakura's faithful love was useless. Her tears of joy evidently show that it was not. It seems to me you can't get over the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke in the first place lol.

You don't seriously think one or two sincere apologies would be to make up for all the times he hurt Sakura? Sasuke should've been made to work for her forgiveness and whatever else that followed.

Instead we got an half-assed apology on one panel and her fawning over him on the next. Sasuke got the girl Naruto was killing himself over handed to him on a silver platter by the narrative, and it came at the cost of her dignity.

To be blunt you clearly don't understand Sakura and Naruto. Why would they forgive Sasuke....because they know when their friend/lover is truly back, because they know the Sasuke in Part 2 is not the real Sasuke but one clouded by vengeance and hatred and because they have faith in their friend/lover unlike you.

Don't start shit over my reading comprehension when you're trying to twist some fucked up relationship whose foundations are rooted mainly abuse and contempt as something it isn't, a healthy, loving relationship.

The fact you think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is rooted in abuse tells me everything I need to know about your reading comprehension.....and this isn't even up for debate. You have evidently been reading the manga incorrectly.

It's amazing how you keep missing the point. We know Sakura loves Sasuke. Kishimoto has made that quite clear. What he hasn't made clear is why that love is justified. If anything he's done the opposite. Don't forget it wasn't that many chapters ago Sasuke was willing to let drop in fucking lava because she was a liability. That level of douchebaggery doesn't just disappear instantly after an asswhooping.

Kishi addresses this issue and you just did not listen. Love is complicated and even sometimes inexplainable. This is true even in reality. Its hard to explain such emotions. As Kakashi says the only time you need a reason is to hate. Now it is hard to say why Sakura exactly loved Sasuke (unless she tells us later on) however even Naruto stumbled upon the question when Sasuke asks why he goes so far for him despite the amount of times he has tried to kill him (same situation as Sakura) and he replies "I don't really know but when I see you carrying that burden and going on about everything the way you do....I just hurt". Sakura has evidently shown that statement to be applicable to her as well.

The fact you base your justifications for SasuSaku based on their interactions in 699 is laughable, but then again, it's not like you have anything else to point at beside the one chapter they were all OOC in since the hundreds of chapters that preceded it only prove how fucked up of a relationship SasuSaku is and why it should have never been made canon.

Oh so you're just going to ignore their relationship in Part 1? Of course you are lol. Also yes, 699 has the pivotal scene where Sasuke openly shows his affection towards Sakura and hence sets the stage for their romance in the upcoming years. There's no OOC moment here.....just shows that you have misunderstood these characters all along due to your obsession of pairing Naruto and Sakura together.

"Being a human being" is not an excuse for every illogical and inconsistent characterisation. Kishimoto infantilising females characters when it comes to their love interests isn't surprising though. It's why Karin was always a completely moronic around Sasuke. It's why Sakura became a submissive little doormat whenever Sasuke gave her shit and acted like a 12 year old in 699. It's why Hinata fiddled with her thumbs and couldn't look Naruto in the eye, let alone speak to him.

You can't even tell the difference between the Sakura in chapter 3 and the one in 699.

Infantilising female characters, submissive doormat, being shy suddenly means that you're infantile, blushing towards the person you love suddenly means you're infantile.......wow....I have no words. Reaching new lows.

Fuck it, I'm going to pretend LadyGT's finale is canon. At least NaruSaku actually respected and admired each other on top of their longstanding friendship. More importantly, Sakura doesn't turn into a complete fucking doormat when she's around Naruto.

Sure they did. I think its about time someone said this but simply put you guys have read the manga wrong. You have deliberately or accidentally missed/misinterpreted important events and hints so you could continue your fanfiction a bit longer.

The Sakura in those fan fictions you draw is not the real Sakura that we have seen through these 15 years or the one Kishi portrays. It's what you wish she was/did but not what she actually was or did and honestly the reactions are, in one word, pathetic. Summarising a female characters development, judging 15 years of manga just by who you dreamt your favourite character to get with is simply pathetic. I actually feel sorry for some for you guys who can't accept reality.

You can't blame Kishimoto when it was you that read and interpreted the manga and characters incorrectly.

Frog-fu

Banned
Any time Hinata and Naruto share a serious scene it is something that changes or renews his character

You overstate Hinata's importance.

Naruto grew closer to Sakura via Team 7 dynamics, and him running around trying to find Sakura's love interest

He is Sakura's love helper lol
Sakura eventually wanted to help Naruto's dreams as he was trying to help her baseless love life

She loved Sasuke. He loved her. Hinata loved Naruto.

Why is it that Naruto's feelings don't fucking matter to anyone?

But in all seriousness

Naruto made a promise to a crying Sakura that he will bring back her love interest.... Think about that for a second... The guy is now running around tring to fulfil this promise knowing well enough that he does not share a future with Sakura by doing so...

Sai saw this and realized that it was just hurting Naruto.... Of course Naruto has other reasons to get Sasuke back like sharing a close bond with him but by refocusing his mission on something like this, only caused suffering

He made that promise and, like Sai said, intended to carry that burden for the rest of his life if need be because he loved Sakura. He put her happiness before his own.

When Sakura came to Naruto believing that he would drop this promise by telling him a lie (that she loved him).... This made Naruto rethink his motive

• He saw that Sakura didn't have feelings for him
  • He saw that he was mainly focusing his efforts for this promise so that he could bring back Sakura's old smile again... Based off of some lying hope that Sakura will become happy again but somehow love him instead of Sasuke the reason for her sorrow to begin with

He realized that this was a fantasy that he had to save Sasuke because he wanted to save him and not to please some other being...

He later clashed with Sasuke and then later realized something which refocused his motive and later changed his end goal of saving Sasuke and the end result that it would create

What did this do exactly? It unchained him from that never ending sorrow he had in his heart... it freed him!

Naruto always wanted to save Sasuke because he thought of him as his best friend and brother. The promise he made to Sakura was simply an obligation out of love, it was an additional cross he chose to bear because he knew how she felt, and he didn't allow himself to tell her how felt if he couldn't keep his promises.

Sakura tried to relinquish Naruto from that promise. It never worked. Naruto always intended to keep it, hence its return in 693.

By the time of the events in the Land of Iron, Naruto was more determined than ever to redeem Sasuke not just because he wanted to do so and because of the promise he made to Sakura, but also because he understood the cycle of hatred; his fight battle with Nagato made him understand vengeance. That was why he went to seek out the Raikage in the first place.

Dropping his love for Sakura was like dropping a mountain sized objective off his shoulder... All the times he saw Sakura cry in joy or sorrow for Sasuke it created some pain in his heart... but low and behold in the last few chapters when Sakura was crying tears of joy for Sasuke, Naruto didn't have a frown....

HE SMILED

Naruto smiled because they were all together again.

There is nothing to suggest Naruto stopped loving Sakura until after the events of 699. In fact, according to promotional material for The Last, two years later, Hinata still hasn't gotten his attention. If he wasn't in love with Sakura in that time period, nothing was stopping him from moving on to Hinata.

I am not the only one that suggested Naruto gave up on his feelings for Sakura... He cared for her yes... He had some after feelings for her as someone he used to love, yes but did his love blossem into a higher love for her.... No I don't think so

Kishi's assistance even commented on this before later deleting his tweets..... Everyone outside of the Sakura fandom could see this...

Did Naruto give up on Sakura?.... Judging by the out come

YES HE DID

So with that out of the way (which was the least of his concerns) Naruto's mind was open for new things.... not clouded with loving Sakura or worrying about Sasuke or caring about protecting everyone, lingering about the past, etc...

Everything concluded and from 699-700 he had enough time to find someone who he loved and decided to marry... On which he decided it was Hinata

Hinata being is choice makes sense seeing as she was a person who other then Team 7 shared a bond with him.... She later gets into danger and he eventually releases his feelings

I never watched the Last movie but I wouldn't call it BS if he feel for her or truly loved her more then that other girl

360pages

The Naruto games are fun,

Honestly, they have better pacing and tell the story better than the shit filled Anime. So if you want a secondary view of fights and what not from the series I'd say go with that rather than the anime.

Frog-fu

Banned
Romantically, not even close. sakura has not once EVER confessed her love towards Naruto. NaruSaku was a possibility but only a small one. In fact the fake confession scene was probably the moment NS died.

Naruto loved Sakura more than she ever loved Sasuke. His love was entirely selfless whereas Sakura's love for Sasuke didn't become such until after the Land of Iron when she became determined to see Team 7 united again.

Sasuke never had any feelings for Sakura until the very end. At the very least Sakura was beginning to have such feelings for Naruto.

Again no. Part 1 positively showed their relationship and even showed that Sasuke did care for her as well. In Part 2 sasuke's interactions with everyone from Konoha was negative. You might not have had faith that Sakura still loved Sasuke and Sasuke still cared for her but evidently Sakura still did and similarly Naruto still had faith that his friend was redeemable.

The cursed seal changed Sasuke into a complete prick. The two times I recall he wasn't after he got was when he told Naruto to save Sakura and when he thanked her before knocking her out.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b19784896c09c4496a450fe291ba2143/tumblr_inline_neryommR6T1ruk8ya.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/ceb26618c92605760e1bdc9d8b0cbb66/tumblr_inline_neryotMlGT1ruk8ya.png[/IMG]

Moments were Sasuke wasn't a prick are few a far in between, and you're delusional if you believe otherwise.

Naruto instantly forgave Sasuke as well. Again you seem to lack comprehension of the situation. It didn't matter if Sasuke's apology was poorly worded, really short etc what Sakura knew and what everyone else knew was that he was sincere and meant it. THATS what mattered.

Naruto's understanding for Sasuke isn't remotely comparable to that of Sakura's, nor is his capacity to forgive. He's Ninja Jesus. He's the transmigrant of an old feud that has lasted countless lifetimes. He saw the big picture, what the cycle of revenge was and why it had to be stopped - that is why Naruto forgiving Sasuke, with whom he has always shared a deeper bond, was to be expected.

Sakura on the other hand barely knew him by comparison. The few times they met during the course of Part II he was a piece of shit and she should've moved on.

Kishimoto could have literally written "lel sry" and decided it was sincere enough for Sakura to not only forgive him but to be his waifu. That doesn't make it any less of a betrayal of her character and the growth and development she went through, only for it to be thrown away the moment he apologises so lamely for wanting to destroy everything she loved.

Placing the person you love the most at the centre of your universe.....thats normal lol. She wasn't going to leave the village. Once again you lack comprehension of the situation. I told you that it was her way of getting a response from him to the question of if he cared for her hence the blushing. Funnily, Sasuke knew exactly what she meant with that question. Its not my fault you can't see that.

Where are you even getting this shit from?

Sure Naruto did the work but that doesn't mean that Sasuke does not value his bonds with Sakura or Sakura's faithful love was useless. Her tears of joy evidently show that it was not. It seems to me you can't get over the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke in the first place lol.

Yeah, he valued his bond with her so much he didn't give a flying if she got caught in the IT or dropped in lava. In fact, Sasuke cared so much about Sakura he put her through a horrific genjutsu for her own protection.

You're not convincing anyone that doesn't ship Sasuke and Sakura that he loved.

To be blunt you clearly don't understand Sakura and Naruto. Why would they forgive Sasuke....because they know when their friend/lover is truly back, because they know the Sasuke in Part 2 is not the real Sasuke but one clouded by vengeance and hatred and because they have faith in their friend/lover unlike you.

I've lost count how many times you've tried to condescend to me only to come up with some asinine bullshit I could've sworn I've read in the SasuSaku tag on tumblr.

You clearly also don't bother to read my posts entirely or simply lack the capacity to comprehend them because you reply with nonsensical shit like this.

The issue isn't that Sakura forgave Sasuke. It's how she forgave him. It was instant and unearned and Kishimoto had her regress to her worse point in the manga after the fact.

The fact you think Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is rooted in abuse tells me everything I need to know about your reading comprehension.....and this isn't even up for debate. You have evidently been reading the manga incorrectly.

This is like the tenth time you've the word comprehension and it is so absurdly hilarious that you don't even notice you lack it.

Sasuke talked down to Sakura, he demeaned her, he hurt her physically and emotionally, and yet you somehow fail to see this as what it is: abuse.

Kishi addresses this issue and you just did not listen. Love is complicated and even sometimes inexplainable. This is true even in reality. Its hard to explain such emotions. As Kakashi says the only time you need a reason is to hate. Now it is hard to say why Sakura exactly loved Sasuke (unless she tells us later on) however even Naruto stumbled upon the question when Sasuke asks why he goes so far for him despite the amount of times he has tried to kill him (same situation as Sakura) and he replies "I don't really know but when I see you carrying that burden and going on about everything the way you do....I just hurt". Sakura has evidently shown that statement to be applicable to her as well.

Kishimoto wrote a shit ending. His word is law within the confines of his work. They are not beyond criticism.

His justifications are bullshit. "Love is complicated" - no fucking shit, but that doesn't mean it can be used as a copout for every asinine resolution and then not be criticised for bad writing, which it is.

Good luck trying to convince people Sakura shares a bond with Sasuke as deep and understand as Naruto.

Oh so you're just going to ignore their relationship in Part 1? Of course you are lol. Also yes, 699 has the pivotal scene where Sasuke openly shows his affection towards Sakura and hence sets the stage for their romance in the upcoming years. There's no OOC moment here.....just shows that you have misunderstood these characters all along due to your obsession of pairing Naruto and Sakura together.

I'm not ignoring them, I am simply aware how dated they are and what they later led to. A few good memories they had together when they were kids doesn't justify Sakura still being shackled to Sasuke at the end.

Your argument is essentially, "Yeah he tried to kill her a bunch of times, but remember the good old days when he complimented her genjutsu skills?" Come the fuck off it already.

Sasuke has never accepted the way he did in 699 at at any point in the manga. I challenge you to find a moment where he did.

Infantilising female characters, submissive doormat, being shy suddenly means that you're infantile, blushing towards the person you love suddenly means you're infantile.......wow....I have no words. Reaching new lows.

This coming from you, someone who is so wilfully ignorant, you refused to accept the fact Sasuke has been nothing short of a grade A cunt towards Sakura and didn't deserve her.

Sure they did. I think its about time someone said this but simply put you guys have read the manga wrong. You have deliberately or accidentally missed/misinterpreted important events and hints so you could continue your fanfiction a bit longer.

The Sakura in those fan fictions you draw is not the real Sakura that we have seen through these 15 years or the one Kishi portrays. It's what you wish she was/did but not what she actually was or did and honestly the reactions are, in one word, pathetic. Summarising a female characters development, judging 15 years of manga just by who you dreamt your favourite character to get with is simply pathetic. I actually feel sorry for some for you guys who can't accept reality.

You can't blame Kishimoto when it was you that read and interpreted the manga and characters incorrectly.

If anyone has misinterpreted the manga, it is clearly you, seeing as you outright deny the fact SasuSaku is abusive and pretend Sasuke wasn't as much of an asshole as he was - something pretty everyone else can acknowledge even if they don't give two shits about who ends up boning who.

The Sakura in 699 was not the same Sakura as the chapters that preceded it, and you are completely and totally out of touch if that is what you genuinely believe - which is exactly what you've proven with your posts.

You stick to your delusions that SasuSaku is a healthy relationship though. It's obvious you're beyond reason.

Frog Fu. I read a lot of this thread and you come up with some good arguments sometimes. But. Bro just let it go. It's over now. Don't make all the years of being a fan be ruined by complaining about pairings.

I will never stop being a fan of Naruto. It's been too big a part of my life for too long for two chapters I despised to make that all go away. I'm not even mad about the ending more. I've accepted it. I think it's shit, but I've accepted it.

Being a Naruto fan though, I'll always debate topics concerning it that I care about. It's beyond pointless, but so long as anyone is up for it, I'll discuss it.

So let me ask everyone here still arguing about the pairings.Are you guys still gonna ignore the wiggle room Kishi set with the time skip? All the saying of Sakura and Sasuke or Naruto and Hinata have nothing in common goes out the window with this time skip.Relationships could be or was developed during this time skip. The Naruto:The Last movie is the first step in that direction,again I would love more movies and OVA's to play out post Ninja War arc era.Anyways any thoughts on this guys?

Yado

I would argue that many moments like these didn't have enough exploration of her character behind it to make them meaningful whilst she was around characters like Naruto and sasuke. Two specific problems in particular a lot of her character " developments " didn't exist she didn't change much really/ those "changes" came way after they should have. There was never enough... in there or written to ever make her character that meaningful. Like the chunin exams, he beef with ino didn't have enough context and wasn't really important enough to mean anything. Rock lee was introduced in that arc and had more shit than sakura. Garra and his siblings came through with more shit than sakura, neji and hinata came through with more shit than sakura. Shimaru had more shit than sakura

This brings me to to the real issue, her entire character revolves around naruto and sasuke. Her homeostasis is shit that invovles naruto and sasuke, sometimes she fights other people, but who she is who , what her story is never given enough time to make anything she does mean anything. And ontop of that, she's an asshole. Like if she was just a nothing character like iruka no one would say anything, but she's also an asshole.

Like everyone has like a narrative thing, that's explored outside of the main narrative except for sakura.

Like strait up, who is sakura haruno, I know we met her parents once. But who is she

Everyone else has like other shit going, but everytime she gets a thing to do she gets regulated to worrying about sasuke or naruto. Then they put her in a fight and people are like " isn't she a cool guy " yeah she would be a cool guy if she was a person.

I agree with your kishi statement, but I don't think she was ever a far cry from anything, she never developed , rather she was never anything. She learned how to punch hard from a character who had far more development than she did.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this. I was ok with the Ino rivalry and I believe the hair cutting scene would have been a turning point for any character in the hands of a good writer. I don't think not having a sob story makes her a fundamentally bad character, the problem is that Kishi took the easy way out and chose to conceptualise 56 flavours of rasengan and pull abilities out of his ass to bestow on his two golden characters while letting everyone else fall to the wayside.

It's oversimplifying things to say that she just learned to punch hard. Her actions during the war were character-specific, those weren't things just anyone else would have been able to do.

Yado

So let me ask everyone here still arguing about the pairings.Are you guys still gonna ignore the wiggle room Kishi set with the time skip? All the saying of Sakura and Sasuke or Naruto and Hinata have nothing in common goes out the window with this time skip.Relationships could be or was developed during this time skip. The Naruto:The Last movie is the first step in that direction,again I would love more movies and OVA's to play out post Ninja War arc era.Anyways any thoughts on this guys?

Not invested in the pairings but it says a lot that he had 15 years to form believable relationships between these characters, failed to do so and is now using a time skip and a filler-tier movie to make up for it.

360pages

This is somewhat my problem with Sakura, outside the promise she made to Ino. Her existence focused on Naruto and Sasuke.

You can say the same thing about Hinata, but she also was trying to better herself and become stronger as well. Sakura only got interested in getting stronger when Sasuke was gone and Naruto failed to bring him back.

With that said, we give a lot of shit for the four seasons of filler hell at the end of the Naruto Part 1 anime, but that is really the only time that we saw any of the other leaf 12 gain development and saw their personalities.

Frog-fu

Banned
Psycho and Frog, you guys should get along. You are of the few Sakura fans on this earth.

We've gotten along on other things in the past. But if I'm allowed to be petulant, I'm not the one making accusations of reading the manga wrong or lacking basic reading comprehension. :/

I'm not ignoring that all.

The final pairings are BS because Kishimoto needs a movie to make to sell it to his audience. Kishimoto neglected NaruHina and SasuSaku for the majority of the manga. What little development they had was either negative (SS) or did nothing to change their relationship from one-sided love into something else (NH).

The fact Karin was nowhere to be found in the end despite going Super Uzumaki over saving Sasuke in the end, and the fact Naruto and Sakura were given no closure whatsoever is telling.

People will remember Naruto for the manga. Not the mediocre films associated with it. The films will never be an acceptable substitute or patchwork development that should have happened in the actual manga. I'm guessing most fans probably won't see them.

Error

Not invested in the pairings but it says a lot that he had 15 years to form believable relationships between these characters, failed to do so and is now using a time skip and a filler-tier movie to make up for it.

He is actually smart since the movie means $$$$$

And the time skip allows the anime to put a bunch of filler between 699 and 700.

chapter 700 is just a cheap advertisement for the movie.

Fox318

4PN0N1Q.jpg

Naruto loved Sakura more than she ever loved Sasuke. His love was entirely selfless whereas Sakura's love for Sasuke didn't become such until after the Land of Iron when she became determined to see Team 7 united again.

Sasuke never had any feelings for Sakura until the very end. At the very least Sakura was beginning to have such feelings for Naruto.

Yeah no, Naruto's infatuation with Sakura was just like Sakura's infatuation with Sasuke when they were young. However Naruto quickly learnt that Sasuke was the one Sakura had in her heart. Things get more iffy in Part 2 until Kishi explicitly showed it. Naruto most likely realises it in the fake confession scene.

The cursed seal changed Sasuke into a complete prick. The two times I recall he wasn't after he got was when he told Naruto to save Sakura and when he thanked her before knocking her out.

Moments were Sasuke wasn't a prick are few a far in between, and you're delusional if you believe otherwise.

Oh yes lets conveniently miss out the other panels in this scene lol
Sasuke says "not even you can take that away from em Sakura" in the first scene, clearly showing how she is closer to him and in the other scene Sasuke is jealous of Naruto. There's no ill towards Sakura in that scene, but since Naruto was the one to save Sakura, her being there only reminded him of his weakness. Once again you are deliberately missing panels to arrive to a twisted location far from the truth trying to be told.

Naruto's understanding for Sasuke isn't remotely comparable to that of Sakura's, nor is his capacity to forgive. He's Ninja Jesus. He's the transmigrant of an old feud that has lasted countless lifetimes. He saw the big picture, what the cycle of revenge was and why it had to be stopped - that is why Naruto forgiving Sasuke, with whom he has always shared a deeper bond, was to be expected.

Sakura on the other hand barely knew him by comparison. The few times they met during the course of Part II he was a piece of shit and she should've moved on.

Kishimoto could have literally written "lel sry" and decided it was sincere enough for Sakura to not only forgive him but to be his waifu. That doesn't make it any less of a betrayal of her character and the growth and development she went through, only for it to be thrown away the moment he apologises so lamely for wanting to destroy everything she loved.

Now your just pulling stuff out form your ass lol. If Naruto could forgive Sasuke, its very obvious that so could Sakura and really Kakashi and Sakura did not forgive Sasuke because Naruto did....no they had faith that the Sasuke in Part 2 was not the real Sasuke they knew and seeing the Sasuke in 699 was evidence enough.

Sakura's development owes a lot to Sasuke's actions. She learn't to be nicer to Naruto and pain of loneliness due to Sasuke's words to her and Sasuke leaving. She partly wanted to be stronger to help Naruto in bringing back Sasuke.

Oh wow your still whining about the apology scene even after I've explained it to you......yeah you're beyond help.

This is a waste of time. There is no point arguing with you, when you are clearly not even reading whats been said. I've finally understood why you are in such delusion about the characters now though. It seems like you have selective reading, only seeing the things you want to see and ignoring everything else. Even when scenes are shown to be important you straight up refuse to believe they are just because they go against your pairing.

You can either accept reality or live in your make believe fantasy world where Naruto and Sakura are together. I honestly don't care. Whatever makes you feel better.

I will continue to follow the actual manga canon and anime series like the rest of the fan base. Just don't try and act like those fan fictions were ever canon though :)

Village

This is somewhat my problem with Sakura, outside the promise she made to Ino. Her existence focused on Naruto and Sasuke.

You can say the same thing about Hinata, but she also was trying to better herself and become stronger as well. Sakura only got interested in getting stronger when Sasuke was gone and Naruto failed to bring him back.

With that said, we give a lot of shit for the four seasons of filler hell at the end of the Naruto Part 1 anime, but that is really the only time that we saw any of the other leaf 12 gain development and saw their personalities.

I like the filler if it develops characters in an interesting way. Shikimaru and Naruto being homies and that being expanded upon was one of the best things the anime did. And one of the most realistic and good relationships in the entire series. You know two dudes like shikimaru,naruto and choji who hang out. You played smash with them dudes when you were like 10. You probably know or are them dudes now.

Like sakura never gets that moment, sakura never gets genuine frienship that isn't plot forced. Its always she has some rivalry with some woman , or her tutor tsunade, or just nothing.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member

I said this in the manga thread as well but Kishi did say at the start of part 2 not to expect any romance in the manga. Other than the Kushina flash back he stuck to his word. I guess you could argue the Hinata confession and volume 64 covers were romantic but it is a bit of a stretch.

He is actually smart since the movie means $$$$$

And the time skip allows the anime to put a bunch of filler between 699 and 700.

chapter 700 is just a cheap advertisement for the movie.

If Kisihi is to be believed chapter 700 was already drawn almost 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom