• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Don't forget they have the Kings pick swap and a top-3 protected Lakers pick. Even if they make the playoffs, it's highly likely they could have two top-10 picks.
Yeah, they will be fine. Plus Simmons is one arrogant dude, no way he'll be content being benched for picks.
Sup guys

OUIj46J.png
ayeee

Steph's playing more like himself, only thing missing last few weeks is 3P%. Some deep 3s early today.

says .399 on ESPN, dunno if it's factored in today's game yet tho

Damn just looked it up and Curry is on pace for the 2nd most 3 pointers in a season (last year of course being first). He'll have the top 4 spots on the list.

Eric Gordon should be neck and neck with him right now, but post ASG curry is a thing so he probably only gets 3rd

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn another great day for the tank with a suns win and a mavs win. Things are working out great so far. Fultz looks other worldly.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yes!! Pats in SB. Go Heat.

Seems the dragon has been unleashed for them since waiters returned for whatever reason. Just saw the t wolves got the win tonight as well. All these bottom of the Barrell teams have turned it around now, it's bizarre.

Seems the dragon has been unleashed for them since waiters returned for whatever reason. Just saw the t wolves got the win tonight as well. All these bottom of the Barrell teams have turned it around now, it's bizarre.

It's the damn lower tier parity. Everyone has a shot, no one wants to tank.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's the damn lower tier parity. Everyone has a shot, no one wants to tank.

To be fair to a handful of these teams, I think they actually have SOME decent pieces... for instance I think the mavs are right about where they should be, their start didn't seem sustainable with Dirk coming back even if he is 90 years old. The suns have booker and bledsoe who go off for near 40 every couple games, the twolves have KAT and wiggins, and honestly they should be better than their record, but they've blown so many late games. We'll see if it keeps up this way. I still feel confident the nets have the worst roster in the league.

To be fair to a handful of these teams, I think they actually have SOME decent pieces... for instance I think the mavs are right about where they should be, their start didn't seem sustainable with Dirk coming back even if he is 90 years old. The suns have booker and bledsoe who go off for near 40 every couple games, the twolves have KAT and wiggins, and honestly they should be better than their record, but they've blown so many late games. We'll see if it keeps up this way. I still feel confident the nets have the worst roster in the league.

I suppose the Heat are actually intentionally tanking (and seem to be the only ones doing it this year)

If Lin could be healthier and play more games, I think they beat the Heat out. Lopez is pretty damn good, and the brief amount of Brook-Lin games we got to see was really limited. RHJ + LeVert have also been pretty good.

Main damage to the Nets pick value is that at some point in the season, other teams will agree to tank, and the Nets will never hit that point.

Lakers gonna fuck around and get that number 1 pick. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any top big men prospects this years outside of Harry Giles and his paper mache knees.

gutshot

I got tickets for the game in Milwaukee D:< Im going to pay to watch Jahlil Okafor!!!

Also, this is the biggest *oh shit we're winning too many games* reaction ever.

Well he was never going to play in that game since it's the second of a back-to-back. But maybe now he will?

If not, I have to assume they just want to make sure he is fully healthy for the national game on Friday.

Bread

Banned
god dammit if the sixers keep winning and are rewarded when the lakers tank i'm gonna be pissed!

those fucks do not deserve My Fultz.

Jarate

Banned
Well he was never going to play in that game since it's the second of a back-to-back. But maybe now he will?

If not, I have to assume they just want to make sure he is fully healthy for the national game on Friday.

I completely forgot it's a B2B

Also, there's a small rumour floating around that Mclemore is going to Philly.

This has been floating around. Im not the biggest Mclemore fan, but I like him in our system much more then in Sac's system.

Jarate

Banned
god dammit if the sixers keep winning and are rewarded when the lakers tank i'm gonna be pissed!

those fucks do not deserve My Fultz.

The Lakers pick is top 3 protected. There's no way we're getting Fultz barring Sac, or Philly getting the 1st overall pick in the lotto.

Also, the Lakers are really smart to tank. If they give up this years pick then they owe a 2019 first rounder to Orlando. If the p[ick doesnt convey this year then instead Orlando gets 2 2nd rounders instead. So if they tank, then they save 2 1st rounders. Still, not being the worst team in the league means you still have a coin flips chance of landing outside the top 3.

The Lakers pick is top 3 protected. There's no way we're getting Fultz barring Sac, or Philly getting the 1st overall pick in the lotto.

Also, the Lakers are really smart to tank. If they give up this years pick then they owe a 2019 first rounder to Orlando. If the p[ick doesnt convey this year then instead Orlando gets 2 2nd rounders instead. So if they tank, then they save 2 1st rounders. Still, not being the worst team in the league means you still have a coin flips chance of landing outside the top 3.

I mean, the Lakers dont' really have a choice in whether or not to tank. they lost by 40 to the Mavs.

I suppose the Heat are actually intentionally tanking (and seem to be the only ones doing it this year)

If Lin could be healthier and play more games, I think they beat the Heat out. Lopez is pretty damn good, and the brief amount of Brook-Lin games we got to see was really limited. RHJ + LeVert have also been pretty good.

Main damage to the Nets pick value is that at some point in the season, other teams will agree to tank, and the Nets will never hit that point.

Speak of the devil

C23TDpnXAAQZJgT.jpg:large

Bread

Banned

ohhh right i was thinking the sixers would only get it if it were top 3, not sure why.

need more coffee

gutshot

I completely forgot it's a B2B

Also, there's a small rumour floating around that Mclemore is going to Philly.

This has been floating around. Im not the biggest Mclemore fan, but I like him in our system much more then in Sac's system.

Well, if nothing else, it would be fun to watch him and Embiid have dance-offs at half court after each win.

iyncsxzr3nurq.gif

Top Bottom