• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slater

Banned
The thing the Celtics really need to be embarrassed about is how clear this series has made it that they only got the first seed cause Lebron let them.

They literally only have it cause him and the cavs didn't give a fuck, they might not be the worst 1st seed ever but they are absolutely the fakest.

Tall4Life

The thing the Celtics really need to be embarrassed about is how clear this series has made it that they only got the first seed cause Lebron let them.

They literally only have it cause him and the cavs didn't give a fuck, they might not be the worst 1st seed ever but they are absolutely the fakest.

I mean, at least we got to the ECF :(

MVP Jaylen is evolving , LeBrons x the easts biggest mistake for letting the Celtics get to the ECF

LeBron let them get the 1st seed to avoid the Bulls/Heat x Wizards, not that hard to see
Old Wade hype

Slater

Banned
I'm gonna love it when the celtics non existant window remains non existant as lebron bends then over a table for 3 more years at least and then Giannis gets them every off year, then lbj jr gets his turn in 7.

BadAss2961

Looking at it, I think every team on the Western side of the bracket beats Boston in a series; and the West isn't even that good right now.

On this joke of a series... Celtics need to play some roughhouse basketball. When you're doubled up in the 3rd quarter, you can't let them clown you like you that. You should at least make them take out their stars in fear of injury or suspension from the game getting chippy.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm gonna love it when the celtics non existant window remains non existant as lebron bends then over a table for 3 more years at least and then Giannis gets them every off year, then lbj jr gets his turn in 7.

GM Dad LeBron is gonna give LeBron Jr all the pieces he needs and the monarchy will commence

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Celtics aren't even close to the Cavaliers. There's no point in trading away the future for another chance to get embarrassed by the Lebrons.

Getting embarrassed by Lebron is now the right of my Toronto Raptors.

We will take the L for the rest of the East.

Looking at it, I think every team on the Western side of the bracket beats Boston in a series; and the West isn't even that good right now.
You're getting pretty carried away. IT isn't 100% and the Cavs are a really bad matchup for the Celtics as we saw all season really, and most certainly in their last regular season bout. The Celtics beat a good Wizards team to get here. Don't let the asswhoopin they took make you forget all that. Celtics with a healthy IT are probably #3 or #4 in the West.

I don't get why the west is so over hyped in this thread. Warriors are doing the same waltz to the finals as the Cavs yet that is somehow only and indictment of the easts talent level. So dumb

Tall4Life

I don't get why the west is so over hyped in this thread. Warriors are doing the same waltz to the finals as the Cavs yet that is somehow only and indictment of the easts talent level. So dumb

They easily got to the West Finals but they most likely would've lost to the Spurs in Game 1, possibly 2 as well. And the real core of the rest of the talent in the West was in the other side of the bracket where they all eliminated each other, meanwhile the Warriors were up against the Blazers and the Jazz...

Tall4Life

Man the WNBA is so bad to watch, a lot of it is pretty amateur

and they'll frequently just stop showing the game to interview some guys on the sidelines like Silver or Magic, and instead of talking to them about the WNBA they'll talk to them about the NBA

like they were just asking Magic about the upcoming NBA draft and spent like 10 minutes on how they select guys, what their plans are for the future, free agency, etc.

this is why the wnba is a joke of a league

They easily got to the West Finals but they most likely would've lost to the Spurs in Game 1, possibly 2 as well. And the real core of the rest of the talent in the West was in the other side of the bracket where they all eliminated each other, meanwhile the Warriors were up against the Blazers and the Jazz...

I'd take the Blazers and the Jazz over the Grizzlies and the Thunder. The Jazz especially were pretty legit.

Possibly 2 as well, based on what ? And, The core of the west ? Harden couldn't beat a crippled spurs*, okc is a glaringly deficient team relying on westbrook , Memphis is a team full of good not great players (like the celtics), clippers are a joke ( I can expand on this if needed but it seems self evident at this point ) If anything , Utah is one of the better teams in the west. Look I'm not trying to make the case that the east is great . However, it seems unfair that the warriors are celebrated for dominating the west for the last three years while the Cavs are derided for doing the exact same thing in the east. Point being, the disparity in talent between the top two teams and the rest of the league is equally vast in both conferences.

* not willing to entertain counterfactuals regarding how the spurs would have done w/o injuries .

Surfinn

The right decision.

I don't know much about his injury but can you explain to me how this is the right call (genuinely asking)? I mean if they lose this game it's essentially over. If he were to sprain his ankle or something like that, he'd have all offseason to work through that right? Is there a more important time for him to play than now? Seems like when he's on the floor they actually stand a chance.

h1nch

I don't know much about his injury but can you explain to me how this is the right call (genuinely asking)? I mean if they lose this game it's essentially over. If he were to sprain his ankle or something like that, he'd have all offseason to work through that right? Is there a more important time for him to play than now? Seems like when he's on the floor they actually stand a chance.

He could be hurting to the point where he's a defensive and offensive liability. Playing hurt also increases the chances of not only re-injury to the same ankle, but injuring another body part due to over-compensating or being tentative. He's already sprained that ankle 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Even with Kawhi being 100% their chances of winning the series aren't great. I'd much rather they take the long view, given that Kawhi is just starting to enter his prime. It's too early into his window for them to be risking long-term/chronic injury.

Surfinn

He could be hurting to the point where he's a defensive and offensive liability. Playing hurt also increases the chances of not only re-injury to the same ankle, but injuring another body part due to over-compensating or being tentative. He's already sprained that ankle 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Even with Kawhi being 100% their chances of winning the series aren't great. I'd much rather they take the long view, given that Kawhi is just starting to enter his prime. It's too early into his window for them to be risking long-term/chronic injury.

Thanks for the response. I just found it odd because it's an ankle injury and not something more serious like a knee injury. Makes sense though.. I agree that there's not much chance of them taking the series even when he's healthy. If Parker and Kawhi would have been healthy throughout the playoffs, I think they would have had way better chances to legitimately compete with GS.

yuraya

Its the right thing to do. The guy is way too young and way too talented to be going through so many ankle injuries in such a short time. What Pop should have done was sit him out for game 1 and 2 on top of the last game against the Rockets. By now the ankle would have probably been close to 100% and he would be starting tonight. Then again there is no way of knowing how severe the sprain is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom