• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 will run at 30FPS on Switch, footage released

ViciousDS

Banned
KD wasn't on the warriors then...... unless it's a custom team I suppose.

Charlotte bobcats haven't existed since 2014....which 2k14 was made in 2013.

That's definitely the launch PS4 title 2K14 where faces were......fat lol, you can tell by the scoreboard as well.

Marmelade

Found a small glitch. There's a small white mark that will appear soon after starting a game, and stay there the whole game. I switched from docked to undocked and it went away for a bit, then it came back.

You can see it on the referee's left leg here.

Getting the same thing on PC.
Really weird

Marmelade

Also 2K18 has the Nike jerseys

Yeah the pic in that comparison is not from not 2k18

DGHJypWUwAE2CON.jpg:large

loudbill

Im really not too worried about the graphics. Im just excited for the fact that i can play Mycareer and myleague on the go. God tier.

shanafan

Are you able to save a basketball game while playing? Like I am in the third quarter, but can't finish. Can you save?

If not, guess lucky the Switch has a sleep mode. That should work instead.

loudbill

Are you able to save a basketball game while playing? Like I am in the third quarter, but can't finish. Can you save?

If not, guess lucky the Switch has a sleep mode. That should work instead.

In previous 2K games, i don't believe you could save a regular exhibition game. But i'm 99% certain you could save MyGM, Myleague, and Mycareer games.

Schnozberry

I was really thinking of getting the Switch version, but that framerate comparison is jarring. Decisions decisions...

Took me about one full game to adjust. Now it's fine. Undocked mode is surprisingly good.

Going back and forth between 30 and 60fps would be pretty jarring though. I'd pick one and stick with it. The timing is different all around.

Very nice. Switch hold enough for a portable. The docked resolution is less than 1080p, no?

No its 1080p. Not sure if its dynamic.

Anyway from the video.. The most easiest differences to spot out is in 0:32 and 0:45.

Switch lacks depth of field, and lower lighting and texture quality. Lack of depth of field and less texture(the suit) is very apparent on the reporter at 0:32. I wasn't sure about the lighting 100% based on that still shot.. But if you look at 0:45, it confirms it. Guy's body on 0:45 had no skin texture and the lighting was definitely decreased as well.

So Switch runs at 1080p 30fps with no depth of field and some downgrades in lighting and textures, but animations and polygons are about the same. PS4 Pro(and Xbox One X) run at 4k 60fps have the depth of field and better lighting and textures, and Xbox One S has all the fidelity and performance of PS4 Pro but at 1080p essentially. The character model skin textures wouldn't be apparent from a court view when there's action, but only close up.

Still a great looking game on Switch. 2k18 looks noticably improved from 2k17 as well.
https://www.cnet.com/news/how-nba-2k18-got-its-insane-next-gen-graphics/

I'm super curious how the game would look like on Switch with an X2.. Basically equivalent CPU power to PS4, but 1.5x the GPU power of Switch, and 2X the amount of RAM and Bandwidth as the Switch. Maybe it could run at 60fps locked, but share the same downgrades in lighting and textures as the Switch

Anyway from the video.. The most easiest differences to spot out is in 0:32 and 0:45.

Switch lacks depth of field, and lower lighting and texture quality. Lack of depth of field and less texture(the suit) is very apparent on the reporter at 0:32. I wasn't sure about the lighting 100% based on that still shot.. But if you look at 0:45, it confirms it. Guy's body on 0:45 had no skin texture and the lighting was definitely decreased as well.

So Switch runs at 1080p 30fps with no depth of field and some downgrades in lighting and textures, but animations and polygons are about the same. PS4 Pro(and Xbox One X) run at 4k 60fps have the depth of field and better lighting and textures, and Xbox One S has all the fidelity and performance of PS4 Pro but at 1080p essentially. The character model skin textures wouldn't be apparent from a court view when there's action, but only close up.

Still a great looking game on Switch. 2k18 looks noticably improved from 2k17 as well.

I'm super curious how the game would look like on Switch with an X2.. Basically equivalent CPU power to PS4, but 1.5x the GPU power of Switch, and 2X the amount of RAM and Bandwidth as the Switch. Maybe it could run at 60fps locked, but share the same downgrades in lighting and textures as the Switch

You're sure it's 1080p?

Karish

Getting used to the 30 fps. Graphics on switch are honestly insane. When docked you almost forget it's the switch

Karish

Would not surprise me if 1080p. I'd think 720p would look worse on my tv...

Top Bottom