• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted Confirmed for Wii U in 2013

Diablos54

Thats what I'm thinking. How many versions of this game are there currently??
4? But apparently the Wii U version is finished along with the others, so E.A. are either delaying it because they think the launch window is too crowded (All those racing games crowding E.A. out), or they're delaying it because they're being bitches about Nintendo not using Origin (Assuming that's true). Either way, it's a stupid decision.

4? But apparently the Wii U version is finished along with the others, so E.A. are either delaying it because they think the launch window is too crowded (All those racing games crowding E.A. out), or they're delaying it because they're being bitches about Nintendo not using Origin (Assuming that's true). Either way, it's a stupid decision.

Isn't it PC, 360, PS3, and Vita so far? Is there a 3DS version? Then on top of that now WiiU.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why would it matter if EA released this on launch day? Sonic All-Star Racing is the only game that would give it competition, being the only 2 racing games announced for Wii U (aside from Project CARS, which is still far from release.)

And personally, I'd for for Need for Speed.

This game is ready.

The late release is in hopes that people will double-dip for some reason.

No, it doesn't make sense to me, either.

What makes you think the game is ready? Please elaborate.

Spewing junk like that without any backing derails threads like these. If EA thinks the game isn't complete and needs additional features or Nintendo ID then in their judgment, it's not complete.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Spewing junk like that without any backing derails threads like these. If EA thinks the game isn't complete and needs additional features or Nintendo ID then in their judgment, it's not complete.

It's ShockingAlberto. He knows stuff.

Effect

SA has contacts. He's come through in the past with information many times as well. So if he says it's done then it's to be believed.

kitsuneyo

If it was revealed that EA is secretly trying to stick it to Nintendo and the WiiU, based on the support so far I wouldn't be shocked.

They're sending out games to die. Will they use the poor sales performance to justify crappy support in future? Quite possibly.

If it was revealed that EA is secretly trying to stick it to Nintendo and the WiiU, based on the support so far I wouldn't be shocked.

They're sending out games to die. Will they use the poor sales performance to justify crappy support in future? Quite possibly.

I would like to see some nice game journalism done on this mess if the rumors are true.
but not many websites have the balls to write shit that matters.

hatchx

Banned

These seems like a really immature business strategy.

I think it's almost a bit smarter for developers to delay their WiiU ports slightly. Need for Speed with some updates and WiiU specific features in Q1 is better than a lazy port this Q4.

I think developers want to promote the PS3/360 versions first (like AC3, BLOPS2, Maybe RE6) to maximize sales. I bet sometime mid-november Ubisoft will come out and specifically promote the WiiU AC3 for it's feature set and improvements. Maybe same with BLOPS2.

I don't think many developers want to release an improved WiiU version next to the PS3/360/PC counterparts.

I think it's almost a bit smarter for developers to delay their WiiU ports slightly. Need for Speed with some updates and WiiU specific features in Q1 is better than a lazy port this Q4.

I think developers want to promote the PS3/360 versions first (like AC3, BLOPS2, Maybe RE6) to maximize sales. I bet sometime mid-november Ubisoft will come out and specifically promote the WiiU AC3 for it's feature set and improvements. Maybe same with BLOPS2.

I don't think many developers want to release an improved WiiU version next to the PS3/360/PC counterparts.

most devs say It is the same game on all platforms to avoid any issue
but the rumors here is the game is done just pushed back for some silly shit it has nothing to do with a fear of the WiiU

kitsuneyo

Great points. This is probably the real reason. There's such a limited number of WiiUs for sale this holiday, even when they all sell out, the potential for selling WiiU games is really small. So persuading people to want the WiiU version instead of 360/PS3 is bad business. It still sucks though.

Which is exactly why it isn't true. EA is a publicly traded company that has to answer to shareholders. They're not going to play politics with their WiiU game releases to try and stick it to Nintendo.

This thread is ridiculous.

LCGeek

formerly sane
If this version somehow runs at 60fps it might push me to buy a WiiU.

I highly doubt that will be the case though, but it will be interesting to see what Criterion can do with that hardware.

After putting up why criterion's last efforts on the pc vs console don't hope for it. Both paradise and hot pursuit aren't all that much better than their console counter parts except in certain areas the pc automatically is. I doubt they will add more content, optimize, or use more of the power the WiiU has to make this a version WiiU owners want.

Also saying EA doesn't stick it to nintendo is a joke. They have done it time and time again to nintendo since the genesis generation when they purposely gimped certain snes titles in relation to genesis ones. Don't need mention the crap on the n64 or Wii in regards to madden yet I will leave an obvious hint. The company thinks they deserve good sales yet can't even keep feature or performance parity on titles on nintendo when power isn't a concern.

Okay, I swear to god there was already a Need for Speed Most Wanted. Just like I swear there was already a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

WHAT THE FUCK, GIVE THEM SOME NEW NAMES

Diablos54

Which is exactly why it isn't true. EA is a publicly traded company that has to answer to shareholders. They're not going to play politics with their WiiU game releases to try and stick it to Nintendo.

This thread is ridiculous.
Cause E.A. have never done that before...

I don't mean Nintendo, just EA fucking about in general. Dreamcast? Xbox? I wouldn't put something like the Origin rumor past them considering their previous.

Even if they wanted Origin on the WiiU, and they were disappointed it didn't happen, they're not going to hold NFS: Most Wanted back 4 months in retaliation. Do you realize how silly that sounds? Why would this one game be so important?

If there wasn't a single EA game on the WiiU at launch, I might believe there was something more going on, but one game? Not even worth discussing.

The most likely explanation is either EA wanting to keep from crowding the WiiU launch schedule, or Nintendo not wanting too many games day one, or Criterion kinda had their hands full making Most Wanted for the PS3, 360, PC, and Vita.

One of those three explanations makes far more sense than "EA is mad at Nintendo".

LCGeek

formerly sane
Even if they wanted Origin on the WiiU, and they were disappointed it didn't happen, they're not going to hold NFS: Most Wanted back 4 months in retaliation. Do you realize how silly that sounds? Why would this one game be so important?

If there wasn't a single EA game on the WiiU at launch, I might believe there was something more going on, but one game? Not even worth discussing.

That's not stupid.

Capcom did the same with RE4 and broke their promise on exclusivity. EA has never been in the right when it comes to nintendo and routinely shoots themselves in the foot when it comes nintendo platforms. IF EA had equal parity in features or bothered to have nintendo version of games at launch like with other systems the titles are on they would get a lot less hate.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I feel GAF has upped its dosage of crazy pills lately.

I'm not going to pretend that EA's support was been great. They're definitely not winning any potential WiiU fans over with their line-up. At the same time, their output, thus far, has not been too far from their normal at launch times. Certainly not too far off to start conspiracy theories. The two issues making EA's line up seem as bad as it is are:

1) Activision and Ubisoft are releasing almost everything they can on the system. By comparison, they are the weak link.

2) EA has very little else that the could bring this year. Their only other (non-sports) game this season would be MoH... and its bad reviews would only make this perception worse.

Why would it matter if EA released this on launch day? Sonic All-Star Racing is the only game that would give it competition, being the only 2 racing games announced for Wii U (aside from Project CARS, which is still far from release.)

And personally, I'd for for Need for Speed.
It isn't just competing within its genre. It's competing with the 30 some-odd other launch games in a very limited user base on very limited shelf space.

NFS Carbon launched with the Wii and only sold 10k in the US its first month. However, Carbon would over time sell >40 times its first month. So, if I were EA looking my sales projections... Sales of the WiiU version in 2012 are insignificant to its potential, yet it could potentially deter sales from the other versions or bump my other WiiU games off the shelves early. My goal would be to maximize upfront sales and position this title for "legacy sales," and that's certainly what they seem to be doing here. Blaming it on grudges, agenda, or even saying that they hope that people will double-dip is just silly.

cand

The most likely explanation is either EA wanting to keep from crowding the WiiU launch schedule, or Nintendo not wanting too many games day one, or Criterion kinda had their hands full making Most Wanted for the PS3, 360, PC, and Vita.

One of those three explanations makes far more sense than "EA is mad at Nintendo".

Yeah, people love some drama. For me they're just waiting for the online to shape up. We've been hearing a lot about limited online options in other games (blops2 without elite at launch for example), probably the console will launch without everything being ready in the online side.

This game is ready.

The late release is in hopes that people will double-dip for some reason.

No, it doesn't make sense to me, either.

lol it's not

Most Wanted's autolog depends too much on a good online system, and it wasn't there at launch. You can see that FIFA 13 has completely dropped their EASFC feature for the same reason.

Autolog makes NFSMW happen.

Roo

I'll probably wait and buy the Wii U version... I'm in no rush
I mean, I really like the NFS Series but I definitely can wait.
I have already too many games to play the rest of the year on my Wii U so I'm ok with this. it'll give me time to read reviews and tbqh probably all the DLC will be included as unlockables

This.

3rd-parties did this already on a Nintendo console before. Remember GameCube and how many late ports were used as justification for shaft support for it? If this Nintendo/EA grudge is real, then is very likely EA is doing this.

This.

3rd-parties did this already on a Nintendo console before. Remember GameCube and how many late ports were used as justification for shaft support for it? If this Nintendo/EA grudge is real, then is very likely EA is doing this.

Not until someone in the gaming media steps up and writes about it will it get any attention.
So far this is just fanboy talk, can't really call for a boycott for business as usual

FyreWulff

so even EA has a defense force?

A giant publically traded company is just going to sit on finished product and pass by the initial marketing push dollars?

Sure.

The features aren't ready in time. EA isn't sitting on a finished game in an attempt to sell a game for one console to owners of another console.

Brofield

I really want to believe rational thought, that with EA being a publicly traded company, answering to shareholders, profit-oriented and while not wanting to miss the launch window, would rather ship a completed game, and maybe even add a few features to sweeten the deal, and all the other counter arguments to SA's posts...

I just can't wrap my head around it all because it's fucking EA. As Jaded Alyx pointed out, these ports show various degrees more effort than original content, like Boogie, likely to further push the whole "no audience for our games here" agenda.

Who else remembers how they liked to treat their Wii customers with their multi-plat games?

cover.jpg

6782d1250224740-madden-10-cover-ntsc-madden-10-wii.jpg

I did hold out hope for the NBA Jam exclusive, but they caved pretty quickly to portbegging on their facebook page. Hell, I'm surprised that the comments they had used were all clean and polite (shame not grammatically correct) in the video posting the good news it was going to be a downloadable game for XBLA and PSN at a dramatically cheaper price, and even make the core game playable as a 'bonus' for NBA 2Ksomething.

Lord knows how much longer I could go on now realizing how truly awful they can be, but I figure enough people stopped reading.

Yes, my arguments are very likely petty, but then again in the grand scheme of things the whole gaming industry is; it's truly a wonder we spend any mind processing power attempting to understand the logic behind all decisions made. But business is business, and if I have to vote with my dollars to make my voice heard that I'm pissed, so be it.

tl;dr boycott

This.

Within GameCube's "launch window" EA delivered Madden 2002, FIFA 2002, SSX Tricky, Simpsons Road Rage, Cel Damage, 007 Agent Under Fire and NBA Street. EA was actually pretty decent on GC.

During this time Criterion also delivered Burnout (under Acclaim).

Lol @ people being surprised at ea. They are the most scandalous company in existence. Did you guys forget about the Microsoft/ ea feud on original Xbox? Remember what they did to Dreamcast?

ahm998

Why EA didn't release any trailers or advertising for this game?

Then they will blame nintendo for bad 3rd party sell.

I think also they has to release Demo before the release date 2 weeks .

Top Bottom