• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo-Nazis will march on Yom Kippur in Sweden

Agremont

Any pictures from the "clowns against nazis" counter protest?

Here's one.

mCIYxel.jpg

Paganmoon

video of how the clash started between police and the nazis:

https://vimeo.com/236205167

From what I gather, the nazis wanted to go left, putting them right past the book fair, the police wanted them to continue forward, taking another route.

Edit think police are forcibly dispersing them now. A bit of commotion.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lock up all this waste of life and outlaw their organisation under counter-terror laws

berzeli

Banned
The nazis have started fighting the police again according to GP. Several nazis getting arrested.
Yup, footage is coming out as well. Fuckhead nazis screaming "Hell seger" (Hail victory) whilst losing a confrontation against the police.

Will link when I find a decent source, 'twas quite cathartic to see nazis getting beat on by police.

Famassu

Who said he was normal? You're entitled to your opinion but I'm unconvinced he's racist from that alone. That's just my opinion.
Casual racism is still racism and him being so unapologetic & repeating that shit multiple times further confirms he's a racist. Perhaps not a "kill all dem niggers" or even "black people are inferior" level racist, but racist nevertheless.

Lmao fucking nazi scum couldn't even finish the initial march. Good on the people of gothenburg and good on the police tbh to finally push harder against the far right demos.

Famassu

I actually thought that hate speech was illegal in Scandinavian countries. So only Germany that outlawed hate speech?
Not all hate speech, but the kind that actively tries to get people to act against a particular group of people in some way. So "gays are gross freaks of nature who are destroying our world" isn't illegal. "We should start castrating gays against their will and throw them in a gas chambers" is illegal.

Drinkel

The most surreal moment was walking up to the police barricade where multiple vans and police in riot gear appeared and it was kind of tense. Then the star wars rebel alliance protestors showed up and started playing yakety Sax from a boom box.

Nivash

The most surreal moment was walking up to the police barricade where multiple vans and police in riot gear appeared and it was kind of tense. Then the star wars rebel alliance protestors showed up and started playing yakety Sax from a boom box.

Was that the guys from Inte rasist, men? Loved their approach, "Jedis against nazism" lol.

https://www.facebook.com/irm.se/pho...6852.210114715755977/1153861834714589/?type=3

BTW for you non-Swedes: Inte rasist, men literally means "Not racist, but...". They started as a Facebook group exposing "subtle" racist statements from SD and their ilk before growing into something larger.

Paganmoon

I actually thought that hate speech was illegal in Scandinavian countries. So only Germany that outlawed hate speech?

There are hate speech laws, NMR walk on the line between ok by law, and not ok by law. They try not use symbols associated with the Nazis (thus the Tyr rune) and in their speeches, try not to use fighting words that would fall under the umbrella of hate speech.

The police had said they would stop the march/rally if any symbols, or chants would fall under hate speech law.

Lmao fucking nazi scum couldn't even finish the initial march. Good on the people of gothenburg and good on the police tbh to finally push harder against the far right demos.

Dude, not only couldn't finish, they couldn't start. They were being herded towards the area where their march would be starting when the first clash happened. They luckily fucked themselves pretty good.

And disregarding the idiotic (and I can't stress this enough, absolutely crazy) decision of granting the permit at all, the police did handle this all pretty well, from what I saw at the impromptu rally spot. Though I have no clue what was going on just a few hundred meters or so away so, I really can't say much.

But this quote from the police Press spokesperson is just... strange?

De har inte fått genomföra sin demonstration. De har blivit förhindrade. Där har vi första problemet. Utifrån det perspektivet har de inte fått utföra sin rättighet gällande demonstrationstillståndet.

They haven't been able to (allowed to) go through with their demonstration. They were prevented. That's the first problem. Seen from that perspective, they haven't been able to fulfill their rights considering the demonstrationpermit

like... wtf? they were prevented from fulfilling their rights? they fucking attacked the police. I'm just hoping it's a miscommunication with regards to that quote.

like... wtf? they were prevented from fulfilling their rights? they fucking attacked the police. I'm just hoping it's a miscommunication with regards to that quote.

Nope, just white power in charge of certain parts of our police force. Does that surprise you? It shouldn't.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good job, police. This all seems to have transpired with much less violence and chaos than I was afraid it might.

It is. But walking in a group of people who happen to all hold a certain shitty opinion isn't automatically illegal, it doesn't turn into hate speech until they start chanting "kill all Jews" or whatever. And over 20 people were arrested, although I think it was mostly for participating in a violent riot, not specifically for their Nazi ideas.

Drinkel

Was that the guys from Inte rasist, men? Loved their approach, "Jedis against nazism" lol.

https://www.facebook.com/irm.se/pho...6852.210114715755977/1153861834714589/?type=3

BTW for you non-Swedes: Inte rasist, men literally means "Not racist, but...". They started as a Facebook group exposing "subtle" racist statements from SD and their ilk before growing into something larger.

Oh yeah that was totally them. It was a great absurd moment and people started dancing around them. Unfortunately a few minutes later someone broke a police van window and people got scared.

54-46!

Seems like the police did a really good job today, I was fearing a 2001 scenario but it looks like everything went pretty smooth all things considered.

berzeli

Banned
Top Bottom