• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2011 Anime of the Year Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

MPD and Madoka over Steins is a sin that GAF, as a collective, should be ashamed of, but to have Working'!! chart shows justice. Great thread, articalys.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can't believe Fate/Zero beat Wandering Son. Wtf.
People who liked more serious drama-type shows had more
(and better)
shows to split their votes across.

It must be nice to set high goals like wanting the ordering to be a specific way. I'm still holding out for at least one other person to watch Lupin III: Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid.

duckroll

All I know is that this list is a lot classier than the Game of the Year thread.

Is it really? Usagi Drop and Wandering Son are the only titles in the Top10 which are remotely arty. The rest are all totally safe choices from established directors or franchises, and the anime of the year is also the best selling anime in 2011. Clearly mainstream!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is it really? Usagi Drop and Wandering Son are the only titles in the Top10 which are remotely arty. The rest are all totally safe choices from established directors or franchises, and the anime of the year is also the best selling anime in 2011. Clearly mainstream!
Ano Hana would have won had it been really mainstream. How the fuck that is getting lauded everywhere else is beyond me.

sleepykyo

It's honestly depressing that people think like this. Stop being insecure in your own masculinity and go watch Wandering Son, bro.

It's honestly depressing that he listed those 3 as some sort of benchmark. I liked Durarara and all, but I'm still used the idea of GitS and Cowboy Bebop being benchmarks.

Kisaya

Ahh, outta that whole list I only watched Usagi Drop loool. QQ @ my other favorites not making the list hahaha
All good though, interesting line up ;p I still have to finish Penguindrum lol

Cwarrior

2011 was another terrbile year for anime but best since 2007.

top 10 theres some awful stuff in the top 10 like anohana, penguin drum and iroha.

When he returns home for his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover. The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin Kaga. Sensing her imminent abandonment and in a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself. As Daikichi raises Rin, he starts to understand the struggles -- and the joys -- of parenting.

Gaf should never be allowed to adopt kids, the FBI is on to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom