• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Desktop/Homescreen/Whatever Thread (Q1 2012 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Your body isn't ready for my desktop!

ipTOxI6R0rOGX.png

Quick

Banned
I'm thinking of using Rainmeter, after seeing the Metro theme for it in this thread (looks awesome!). One thing that's stopping me is memory usage, considering how much a resource hog some UI customization programs are. How is Rainmeter with memory?

Threi

notag
I'm thinking of using Rainmeter, after seeing the Metro theme for it in this thread (looks awesome!). One thing that's stopping me is memory usage, considering how much a resource hog some UI customization programs are. How is Rainmeter with memory?

Memory for Rainmeter depends on the skin. For the most part it is extremely light on resources.

The Metro skin, however, can take up some memory if you enable and use everything. For the most part though it's manageable on a modern computer.

*edit*

Sorry for not editing the OP in a while, I've kinda settled on my desktop for now and haven't been browsing for skins as much. I'll make sure to keep things updated in the Q2 thread though.

Problem is it's at the text limit, can't keep everything in one post.

EYEL1NER

Slightly cheating a bit as this is technically my home screen on my 4s:
It's already been said, but that was a pretty good idea for managing your albums and apps. It does keep things pretty clean.

It's so common that I'm not even going to post a picture of it, but I just use The Great Wave off Kanagawa for my 4s. And then this pin-up girl is my lockscreen: http://www.showiphonewallpapers.com...onewallpapers/Vintage-Pinup-Girl-20100526.jpg

Hope to see some other iDevice wallpapers in here. I am constantly getting new ones but never thinking they are good enough to swap out my regular ones for.

Edit: I love this one, but I just cannot bring myself to change my old one. It's a pretty popular one though I think:

Jasoco

Banned
My Macbook Pro desktop:

w21xqw.png

Why the hell do these * appear?
Use a better image host. Like Minus or Imgur. The one you are using is banned because they have low bandwidth limits resulting in placeholder images all the time. I've never run into an "out of bandwidth" placeholder with either Minus or Imgur. Even on GAF.

noah111

Still Alive
I use many wallpapers on my desktop, so posting screens has always been a pain of pick and chose. But I recently found a way to take shots of the login screen, and thought i'd share my custom BG there;

click for big said:

I've posted the source so many times now, just google 'summer chase by g0rg0d' if you want it.

Here's the default look, btw;

lion-screensharing-580.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom