• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Desktop/Homescreen/Whatever Thread (Q3 2012 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfedai0

Banned
Capture.png

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I've never been the video game wallpaper type, but it's goddamn Yakuza, and I'm excited as all hell.

5HiJZl.jpg

Aku-Audi

Do all these themes make use of SuperTweet, or is there any that are able to read your Twitter feed without signing up for it?

Threi

notag
Puts my Nexus home screen to shame. I've installed Nova launcher but how do I get text on the bottom like yours for the different screens?

i explained it a little in this post but for some reason the dock can take 1x1 widgets. So you put a 1x1 minimalistic text widget in the dock, and have it point to a specific homescreen (nova launcher can do this through the actions menu iirc)

sca2511

Nexus 7

Left

Center

Right

Using Power Controls and Multipicture Live Wallpaper.

Click on picture for source.

Oh and Threi, are you running yours overclocked? I played with the transitions a bit and the outside cube transition doesn't spin as smoothly as the simple ones.

Desktop:
i6lNCBAv9d8ey.jpg

iPhone 4S:
iQjNWUor7Y7TM.PNG

I'm sick to death of the boring iPhone UI and lack of customisation and so wish it was on par with the latest Android OS, but I don't want to switch over because I'd lose my apps and whatnot (and the fact that I haven't even had my iPhone for a year yet). I could jailbreak, but I'm paranoid I'd screw things up. Plus it seems pointless doing it now with iOS 6 around the corner. So I'll look into it after that comes out I think.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm sick to death of the boring iPhone UI and lack of customisation and so wish it was on par with the latest Android OS, but I don't want to switch over because I'd lose my apps and whatnot (and the fact that I haven't even had my iPhone for a year yet). I could jailbreak, but I'm paranoid I'd screw things up. Plus it seems pointless doing it now with iOS 6 around the corner. So I'll look into it after that comes out I think.

I don't really know any features that are in iOS 6 that you can't do on an iOS 5.x.x jailbroken device. I just jailbroke my iPad and I'm NEVER going back, there are so many tweaks that make it worth it.

Also, jailbreaking is the easiest thing in the world. It's easier than rooting most Android devices.
I speak from experience, I have a rooted Nexus S 4G and Wildfire S. Both of them required more downloading and research than my iPad

I don't really know any features that are in iOS 6 that you can't do on an iOS 5.x.x jailbroken device. I just jailbroke my iPad and I'm NEVER going back, there are so many tweaks that make it worth it.

Also, jailbreaking is the easiest thing in the world. It's easier than rooting most Android devices.
I speak from experience, I have a rooted Nexus S 4G and Wildfire S. Both of them required more downloading and research than my iPad

I actually did it not long after making that post because yeah, I discovered how easy it was and how when iOS 6 is released it shouldn't take too long for the jailbreakers to get things working. Now I just need to decide what I'm doing with it :p

cackhyena

So I'm new to rainmeter. I'm using Enigma and the bar for links. I have firefox and others working just fine. Chrome however will not open. Is it not just simply chrome.exe for getting it to work?

Threi

notag
Oh and Threi, are you running yours overclocked? I played with the transitions a bit and the outside cube transition doesn't spin as smoothly as the simple ones.
No, mine is stock. However it isn't as smooth with multipicture live wallpaper (with any of the transitions), so even though it is still pretty smooth i took it off until a smoother alternative shows up or it gets updated.

Here's how mine looks right now:

and the rest.

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom