• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated 2015 Game (voting ends January 1st, 11:59 PM EST)

1. Zelda Wii U : I've love Zelda and always will love Zelda but taking it to this level of open world just seems insane. Hoping for an amazing experience, but then again, it's Zelda, it's bound to happen.

2. Uncharted 4 : Replaying the first three with the wife to catch her up on the series for 4. She immediatly took to the characters and also noticed the huge boost in graphics from 1 to 2. We can't wait for 4.

3. The Order 1886 : Cinematics, TPS, cover system.... OMFG Lycans! SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!

4. Bloodborne : Looks like a darker take on a action game with fast paced action and with the Dark Souls flavor FLAVVVVVVVV!

5. MGS V: Kojima, your fucking crazy but in a good way, I fully expect this game to make people say WTF multiple times and still provide the insane depth of that MGS goodness.

6. Batman Arkham Knight : I've loved all the Batmans and this one is finally adding the batmobile. I mean damn does it look good.

7. No Mans Sky : I am highly awaiting this title because just fucking look at it, infinite stars to explore, or practically. I could probably play this game till I'm old and never see everything it has to offer.

8. The Witcher 3 : Don't get me wrong, this game looks fantastic and the only reason it's a bit further down my list is because I forgot about it till just now and I've never beaten the other games as much as I liked them. I hope this one hooks me real good.

9. Resident Evil Revelations 2 : Just because we need more horror games and the genre is still slim pickings these days. Looks more horror then action but still has action but then again BARRY FUCKING BURTON! Enough said.

10. Star Fox : I'm a huge Star Fox fan and even though we have yet to see hardly anything on it, I have good faith that it should be good. I hope. We hardly ever get a new SF game so please don't fuck this up!

Tevren

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Witcher 3
3. Persona 5
4. Legend of Zelda Wii U
5. No man's Sky
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
7. Final Fantasy Type 0
8. Bloodbourne
9. Disgaea 5
10. Batman Arkham Knight

Guymelef

1. Persona 5
2. Metal Gear Solid V
3. Bloodborne
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief'd End
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
7. Rime
8. The Order: 1886
9. The Witcher III : Wild Hunt
10. Dragon Quest Heroes

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Splatoon
4. Captain Toad
5. StarFox Wii U
6. Devil Third
7. H1Z1
8. Hyper Light Drifter
9. Heart Forth, Alicia
10. Armikrog

raven777

1. MGSV: TPP - one of my favorite franchises and I loved every single mainline MGS games I have played. (including Ground Zeroes)

2. Persona 5 - I really liked Persona 3 and I loved Persona 4. We haven't seen a single gameplay screenshot of the game but still very hyped.

3. Bloodborne - I gave up on both Demon's Soul and Dark Soul 1, and haven't even played Dark Soul 2 but still loved the visual and gameplay. The demo I played was really good as well so very excited.

4. Xenoblade X - Fan of Xeno series. Haven't completed Xenoblade yet but I liked what I played. And this one feels a bit more similar and gives xenosaga vibe in story. I don't even own Wii U but I want to buy it one day for this game.

5. Final Fantasy Type-0 (including FFXV demo) - XV demo is part of the reason why I am excited, but it would still be on the list without the demo.

6. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - I love MH series and loved MH4 on my 3DS.

7. Uncharted 4 - never played the series but the gameplay footage from PSX looked fun. Also amazing visuals.

8. Atelier Escha & Logy Plus - I like Atelier games and this one is the first Atelier game since PSX days that is getting localized in my native language.

9. Devil Survivor 2: Break Record - love the art style and heard DS version was quite fun.

10. Halo 5: Guadians - I liked Halo 4 so excited for 5 as well. I don't have Xbox One yet though..

-SD-

Banned
01. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC) - Realistic first-person medieval RPG from the mind who brought us Mafia and Mafia 2, both of which I love.
02. RiME (PS4) - Mix of ICO, wonder, amazement and fantastic art style.
03. Reset (PC) - Single-player puzzle game from a Finnish indie duo. Looks interesting and very pretty.
04. Vane (PC) - Can't say no to quality open-world exploration.
05. No Man's Sky (PC) - Procedural Content Generation: The Game. Could be a real time-sinker.
06. Routine (PC) - Looks good and very scary.
07. Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - For escaping the Real World™ and blowing shit up.
08. KartSim (PC) - Physics in gameplay videos look really great.
09. Wreckfest (PC) - Simple carnage fun.
10. Inside (PC) - From the indie folks who made Limbo.

Shredderi

1. Metal Gear Solid 5: The phantom pain
2. The Witcher 3
3. Uncharted 4
4. Bloodborne
5. Just Cause 3
6. Hyper light drifter
7. Guilty Gear Xrd (eu release)
8. Batman Arkham Knight
9. Hotline Miami 2: wrong number
10.Dying Light

bumpkin

1. Uncharted 4: Loved every entry of the series on the PS3, pretty much the only game of its type that my wife enjoys watching me play.
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: One of my all-time favorite series. Can't wait to see what they do with it!
3. Mighty No. 9: Backed it, loving the beta. Can't wait for the final product!
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider: The reboot was a surprise hit for me.
5. Yoshi's Wooly World: Love the series and this looks really cute/clever.
6. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: Who doesn't love Kirby and claymation?
7. Armikrog: Backed it, looking forward to seeing what Pencil Test Studios comes up with.
8. Batman Arkham Knight: Loved the other Batman games Rocksteady has put out.
9. Metal Gear Solid V: Kojima and company put out games with the most unintelligible stories on the planet, but they're usually still entertaining.
10. Ghost Song: A little love for IndieGAF.

NotSaladin

Neo Member
1. Metal Gear Solid V :

Huge fan of the series and this game is shaping up to be everything I want from a MGS game. I have high hopes with Ground Zeroes having wet my appetite.

2. Uncharted 4 :

Having the main men behind The Last of Us heading one of my favorite series certainly leaves me feeling confident in the end product. I like the tone and the gameplay shown so far looks brilliant.

3. Persona 5 :

Persona 4 was my first for the series and I really enjoyed it so I'm hyped for the next installment.

4. The Witcher 3 :

Not played a single one of the previous games but it looks right up my alley.

5. The Order 1886 :

I love action adventure TPS games so I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. The time period, presentation and werewolves have me sold no matter how it turns out.

6. No Man's Sky :

Sean Murray alone has sold me on this.

7. Rime :

The evolution of Ico.

8. Bloodbourne :

I found it hard to really 'get into' Demons Souls but I enjoyed the Alpha and I think I'll prefer the faster pace even if it is crazy hard.

9. Batman: Arkham Knight :

Bat-mobile. One and done.

10. The Division :

I'm still excited for it, but I've become incredibly skeptical given Ubisofts recent track record...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X : My favorite game of the last 10 years gets a sequel, with giant robots you can fly around in! Too amazing...

2. Persona 5 : I loved 3 and 4 and am excited to see the series finally make the jump to HD.

3. Final Fantasy XV : The simplified action combat doesn't really hold any appeal but I'm curious to see if my favorite series growing up can get its groove back. And hopefully give a spark back to RPGs (along with #1 and 2 on my list)

4. Final Fantasy Type 0: Been waiting for this one to get an English release for a while, so I'm happy it made the jump to consoles. Heard mixed things based on people who played the PSP version but we'll see.

5. Zelda U : So far, the open world looks pretty boring but Zelda games always have great puzzles and I'm willing to give the team a chance. Nintendo's been on a roll lately with their titles, and the 3DS Zelda was godlike.

6. Metal Gear Solid 5 : Ground Zeroes was a nice warmup and I love the ridiculous stories in Kojima games.

7. Witcher 3 : Loved 1, wasn't as keen on the sequel. But the Wild Hunt stuff was always one of the more interesting mysteries about the story for the first 2 games, and I'm really interested in learning more. The open world sounds interesting, and Witcher 2 had some really great sidequests that were much more interesting than the "grab 10 boar hides" quests so popular nowadays, so I'm hoping this continues with that. But let's see if CD Projekt finally improved the combat engine.

8. Bloodborne : Will probably be higher once I finally buckle down and play the Souls games. But I fully support any high quality Japanese console releases, they are the only way I can get the cross between big budget extravaganza and gameplay depth.

9. Mighty No. 9 : My first kickstarted game, I'm a huge fan of classic MM. While the art style doesn't quite have the charm of the 8-bit MMs, I'm hoping the gameplay still measures up.

10. Tales of Zestiria : Love those games battle systems. Though the games have been a tad lacking since (the godly) Vesperia.

1. Zelda Wii U:
Even that the Gameplay trailer didnt look so hot at first, alone through the thread and what it discovered we can see the potential of the upcoming game.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X:
The succesor of one of the best JRPGs in the last decade? Give it to me now!! Can't wait to explore this great world(s?) with all of its secrets.

3. Witcher 3:
The first two games were absolutly incredibly. The story and its characters were good and believable and thats something you don't see often in video games.

4. Uncharted 4:
First I'll have to admit, that I didn't liked the third part of this series. But is it fair to judge the upcoming game because of that? Of course not. The new gameplay looked amazing and I hope they can bring back the Indiana Jones feeling of the second entry.

5. Project Cars:
A game where the developers put a lot of effort and energy in what you can see in every trailer and screenshot they release. It could be the next Gran Turismo or even better then that. Can't wait.

6. Splatoon:
An interesting looking game from Nintendo which could be really cool if all the bits fit together in the end. My manin concerne is not the quality of the actual game and more that the controls will hurt the experience because they force us to use the gyro controls. But beside of that it looks like an shooter with very new and exciting techniques gameplay-wise.

7. Batman: Arkham Night:
Loved the previous games and I doubt that they will dissapoint me with this one. Didnt saw much of it yet but that doesnt mean that I'm not really excited to race through the streets of Gotham City. Hope the new villian they created is really something special and fits in the whole universe and dont feel like just an evil guy straight out of an videogame.

8. Star Fox:
Haven't seen anything but Nintendo is on a roll and I have high hopes for this entry in the series...after two dissapointing games in a row. :/

9. Assassins Creed:
The screenshots that have been leaked looked (like always because they were bullshots) incredible. And if Ubisoft manages to get rid off the annoying bugs and glitches, we could get an AC here in an glorious setting. So lets hope we can get an complete game next time cause the setting deserves it.

10. Fast Racing Neo:
Just because I want to know what Shinen is possibly to produce on the Wii U with their small team and budget. And to be be honest, their last games were even good from a gameplay aspect.

Kanra

1. Persona 5
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Star Fox Wii U
4. Bloodborne
5. Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
6 Tales of Zestiria
7. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
8. Zelda Wii U
9. Uncharted 4
10. Persona 4 Dancing all Night

lefantome

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Witcher 3
3. No man's Sky
4. Batman Arkham Knight
5. Assassin's Creed Victory
7. Final Fantasy Type 0
8. Bloodbourne
9. Disgaea 5
10. Zelda Wii U

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. The Order 1886
6. No Man's Sky
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Halo 5
9. Zelda WiiU
10. RIME

Zoibie

1. Uncharted 4: I was initially a little disappointed that ND were going back to the well with Uncharted after the huge success of a new and unproven game from them but that gameplay demo from a couple of weeks ago got me right back on board. And whoever decided to cast Troy Baker as Nolan North's brother deserves a raise because that's just hilarious.

2. Bloodborne: From's A-team bringing their A-game. I wasn't super hot on Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne looks like it'll a lot of the grievances I had with it.

3. No Man's Sky: This game shows incredible promise and I'd like to think I'm not too jaded to give these guys the benefit of the doubt with regards to the more fundamental parts of game that they've left behind the curtain, but I'm still a little hesitant. I've been burned before. But what they have shown so far has been unlike anything I've played before and even if the worst does happen and it turns out to be a game purely about exploration, well, that's alright with me too. Also <3 65dos.

4. Titan Souls: As far as elevator pitches go, Zelda cross Shadow of the Colossus cross the Souls games is one of the most exciting ones I can imagine. Being playable on the Vita is just the icing on the cake.

5. Persona 5: I loved just about everything about Persona 4 so naturally I'm hugely excited for Persona 5.

6. The Witcher 3: It took me a while to really get into The Witcher 2 but eventually the story sunk its hooks in deep and I got really invested in the political struggles and general mythology of the world. I've tried to stay away from too many trailers and screens so all I can really say about Witcher 3 is that I'm just crossing my fingers for a decent console port.

7. Rime: I only played Ico relatively recently but I was captivated by it all the same. Rime is giving off extremely similar vibes and I'm completely on board.

8. Close Castles: Ten months since it was released and Threes is still that game that I boot up whenever I have a spare 15 minutes. Asher Vollmer and Greg Wohlwend basically created digital crack. So seeing these guys take a minimalist stab at RTS games is pretty exciting.

9. Zelda Wii U: It's really exciting to see an open world Zelda like this finally become realised. Can't wait to see more.

10. Ori and the Blind Forest: It's looked just gorgeous every time I've seen it,.

fritzo

1. MGSV TPP
2. Uncharted 4
4. Zelda (probably gonna need a WiiU for this)
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. The Order 1886
5. Witcher 3
6. Bloodborne
7. The Division
8. No Man's Sky
9. Resident Evil Revelations 2
10. Tie: Rime & AC Victory

Empty

1. splatoon - has instant classic written all over it
2. mgsv - ground zeroes mechanics with peacewalker base building and kojima's distinct editorial flourishes. give it to me.
3. persona 5 - by the time it's out my heart will be ready to find a new home to fill the void left by leaving inaba after 80 hours
4. the witness - the new fez in terms of endless development? if it's even half as good though
5. uncharted 4 - naughty dog are the best at the kind of games they make. level design in the recent demo looked great.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
1. Uncharted 4 ; I was one of the people that said Naughty Dog shouldn't do another one. While I still feel that they should do something else, I didn't know that the gameplay footage would grab me as much as I did.
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U ; I'm willing to give you another try Zelda. You are usually above average and cast away the handholding.
3. Batman Arkham Knight ; I was overwhelmed with Arkham City and didn't like it as much. But it's been long enough that I'm slowly anticipating to be the Bat again.
4. Metal Gear Solid V ; While I'm not of the opinion that open-world automatically means better, the additional options that it can give you (if implemented) of preparing your missions is very exciting.
5. Rime ; Reminds me of Ico. Cautiously optimistic because of the developer, but what has been shown looks great.
6. The Witcher 3 ; Not a fan of The Witcher series but I'm hopeful for this one to change my opinion.
7. Bloodborne ; You got me. I've played the Souls game and am not a fan but the faster speed and stylish coats may have to make me try this.
8. The Witness ; I have to admit a lot of this is because of the art style.
9. Codename S.T.E.A.M. ; Intelligent systems make excellent TBS games.
10. Splatoon ; Looked really fun at E3.

There are so many other games in 2015 that I'm looking forward to. But I guess that is almost every year the case.
I had an additional 22 games listed with an announced/plannet 2015 release date, but just listing all them would be cheating.

I really want to say more about these much-awaited games, but I really have very limited time at the moment to do so, so here's my list:

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. The Order: 1886
3. Persona 5
4. The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Bloodborne
7. Batman: Arkham Knight
8. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
9. Until Dawn
10. The Division

I'm actually not very hyped on any upcoming titles, save for few. I think it's because there are a lot of sequels to games I haven't played. I only played a few mmos before gettting a PS4 a year ago. Still, there are some that have cought my attention. I'd say I am hyped for these three.

1. No Man's Sky :

Still don't have a very clear picture on how this one is going to end up. I sure hope it's going to deliver, but we'll see. The premise resonates within me though, so I'd say NMS is my number one anticipated game right now.

2. Metal Gear Solid - The Phantom Pain :

I really liked Ground Zeroes even though a lot of it sort of went above my head. My last game on the series before GZ was Metal Gear Solid on PS1 so I am a bit worried if I can get the full experience from The Phantom Pain. Looking forward to it anyway.

3. Axiom Verge:

I had actually forgetten this one, but after seeing this on some of the lists here I realized just how much this speaks to me.

---

Then there is a list of games I am sort of wanting to try and/or see the reviews. Might buy some of these day one, others some time along the way, but can't really say I am hyped enough to put them into any kind of order. These include at least...

Uncharted 4
The Wither 3
The Order 1886
Rime
Bloodborne
The Witness
Batman - Arkham Knight
The Division
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

and so on. So generally, I'd say there are games out there I am anticipating. Hoping at least half of them turn out good!

1 . Uncharted 4
2. Batman
3. Tombraider
4. No Mans Sky
5. Ori and the Blind Forest
6. Mortal Kombat X
7. The Order 1886
8. Bloodborne
9. Inside
10. The Tomorrow Children

jfoul

1. Zelda Wii U
2. The Witcher 3
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Metal Gear Solid - The Phantom Pain
5. Bloodborne
6. Quantum Break
7. Batman - Arkham Knight
8. Uncharted 4
9. Rime
10. Halo 5 - Guardians

guit3457

1. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U
I love the look and every single detail we know about the game. It's a Zelda game, I don't need much more.

2. Bloodborne
It did cost me almost 3 tries to get into Dark Souls but it really deserve the effort. I already finished several times and I feel I can play it ad aeternam. I know there are a lot of differences between both games but I believe in FROM.

3. The Witness
I love puzzle games and this game sounds like a dream come true for me. Looks amazing and I loved Braid.

4. Rime
As a spaniard I'm very proud of this game. I can't wait to play it.

5. Persona 5
I'm currently playing Persona 4 Golden on my Vita and I'm enjoying a lot. Obviosly this game won't release in 2015 nut...who knows....

6. Splatoon
The next new big IP by Nintendo. This could easily be as fun as Mario Kart. Let's see...

7. Uncharted 4
After playing TLOU Remastered I'm a Naughty Dog believer. I never played an Uncharted game because I don't own a PS3 so I hope they release a remastered version of the trilogy.

8. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
I played every single MGS game except 4 years ago and I don't remember anything so I plan to replay every single game on my Vita and watch MGS 4 on Youtube or Twitch to know the history of the game.

9. Starfox U
I don't know what to expect about this game becuase we haven't seen anything yet but hey....it's a starfox game.

10. Pillars of Eternity
Obsidian making a crpg....

Honourable mentions: Ori and the Blind Forest, Alienation, Super Stardust Ultra, Yoshi's Wolly World, Mario Maker,......

Hydrargyrus

1. Uncharted 4
2. Bloodborne
3. Alienation
4. MGSV:TPP
5. Rime
6. No Man's Sky
7. TearAway Unfolded
8. The Order 1886
9. Persona 5
10. The Tomorrow Children

ranmafan

This was a tough list to make. So many games to look forward to in 2015. Some big ones I'm excited about just barely missed my top ten list. But these ten I'm very excited for:

1. Xenoblade X : This was the game that got me the most excited and interested in getting a Wii U. The original Xenoblade was a fantastic game, and I love the direction they are taking the new game towards. I really can't wait for this one.

2. Persona 5 : Like pretty much everyone, I loved Persona 3 and 4. I really can't wait to see what Atlus brings new to the series.

3. Metal Gear Solid 5 : Ground Zeros was a nice taste of whats to come. I can't wait for the full experience when the Phantom Pain comes around. I've kept away from most info on this game but what Ive seen I like so far.

4. Bloodborne : Demon's Souls was probably my favourite game of the last generation, and the Dark Souls games are wonderful too. Sadly I haven't had a chance to spend as much time with them as Ive wanted. Im going to make sure that doesn't happen with this title.

5. Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero : While Im sure most people here at neogaf are looking forward to the fifth game in the series, a fine one at that too, Im real excited for the newest title in the series. Taking the story all the way back to 1988 is very exciting. Cant wait to see nice Yakuza action in the bubble era.

6. Tales of Zestiria : Love a nice tales game, and I already have this set to be my first purchase of the year.

7. Zelda Wii U : The recent footage of the game was enough to help get me to buy a Wii U just recently. Love the openness we've seen so far of the game.

8. Ys : Even with so little information I can't wait to play this. Falcom is probably my favourite developer these days so Im excited by everything they release.

9: Tokyo Xanadu : Again, I know almost nothing about the title, but its from Falcom so it automatcally goes on the list for me.

10. Sora No Kiseki FC Evolution : Even though my song running and incredibly slow marathon of the Kiseki games is continuing, I will pick up this game to see what they bring to the Vita version of it.

Well thats one nice list for me. Still so many other games I couldn't include. With games like Uncharted 4, Batman, Witcher 3 coming, its going to be a good year for gaming.

Zhao_Yun

1. Persona 5 : I more or less bought a Vita just for Persona 4 Golden and it was well worth it. For me P4G has turned into one of my favorite games of all time and I even completed it twice which I rarely do nowadays because of my huge backlog so it's not surprising that I am really looking forward to a new Persona title!

2. Bloodborne : As a huge fan of the Souls games and especially those directed by Miyazaki himself it should be pretty obvious why I am looking forward to playing Bloodborne. Really curious how the feel of combat will differ since it seems to be faster and much more focused on evading attacks than the previous Souls games.

3. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : Although opinions on this game seem to be divisive it seems to be at least an improvement compared to the Lightning trilogy and I am looking forward to trying it out myself. Besides... who doesn't want the FFXV demo? ;D

4. Tales of Zestiria : It's too bad that this will be "only" a PS3 game but I only play Tales for the characters and the combat anyway and I am therefore sure that I will enjoy that game despite being last-gen only.

5. Ys (8) : Because Falcom and awesome music.

6. Uncharted 4 : I wasn't too impressed with the PSX gameplay demo tbh but I am sure that ND will ship a very polished and fun game.

7. Steins;Gate : Still surprised that the console versions are localized for the West. Loved the anime and am therefore really looking forward to experience the original.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : I never played this game due to a lack of a N64 as a kid but a lot of my friends liked the game so I really want to see what all the fuss is about

9. The Witcher 3 : I really like the setting and atmosphere of the Witcher games although the gameplay has been rather lacking imo. Looking forward to the end of Geralts story.

10. The Division : I am getting serious doubts about this game since the recent UbiSoft disasters but I nevertheless hope that this game can deliver since I'd love to play this with my friends.

Honorable mentions: Hotline Miami 2, Persona 4 Dancing all night, Hatsune Miku Project mirai remix, Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

cptodin

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X: I am just about to finish Xenoblade Chronicles and man do I have fun with it. I was never really into the JRPG genre but I gave it a try with Xenoblade now I can't wait for X.

2. Gravity Ghost: Heard of it by chance and it looked totally charming. Has a really good VA cast and I'm puzzled why there is barely any mentioning on gaf.

3. Killing Floor 2: I love Killing Floor. Great atmosphere and nice gunplay even though I am really not into guns and stuff. This really is a game where team play is vital to succeed. The dev diaries really make me want to play this game right now.

4. Splatoon: a unique FPS on the Wii U seems interesting.

Nesther

1. Persona 5: Because it's finally a fresh entry into the Persona franchise, that isn't a P3/P4 milking
2. MGSV : Ground Zeroes just made me want more. It's MGS so it's a must by for me anyway, love the stealth and Kojima's crazy plots.
3. Bloodborne: Played the alpha and it was absolutely amazing. Loved the regeneration feature that pushes you towards being more aggressive. And it's basically a Souls game, which like MGS is a insta-buy for me.
4. Yakuza 5: Been waiting for this to be localized for ages now.
5. Hotline Miami 2: I need more of that music
6. Silent Hills: Kojima is a reason to buy it. And P.T. was really impressive.
7. Splatoon: Nintendos take on this genre really interests me.
8. Zelda U: I'm a bit wary after not liking SS much, but it's a new Zelda, so yeah.
9. Majoras Mask 3D: My favorite Zelda. 'Nuff said.
10. Type-0 HD: Mainly because of the XV demo, but the school setting seems neat.

From glances through the thread looks like the top 3 will be Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, No Mans Sky or Persona 5.

Thats a pretty solid showing.

And you know, after really thinking about it ... I may have to add Cosmic Star Heroine to my Top 10 list. Just looking at screens of the game makes me grin. Phenomenal. But what to drop?

Zhao_Yun

From glances through the thread looks like the top 3 will be Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, No Mans Sky or Persona 5.

Thats a pretty solid showing.

And you know, after really thinking about it ... I may have to add Cosmic Star Heroine to my Top 10 list. Just looking at screens of the game makes me grin. Phenomenal. But what to drop?

Zelda Wii U should be up there as well.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
  1. Zelda Wii U
    Ish6nntkdak3pdvq7i3v.jpg
  2. 90's Arcade Racer (if it actually gets released)
  3. Axiom Verge
  4. Scalebound
  5. Batman Arkham Knight
  6. Halo 5
  7. Splatoon
  8. Star Fox
  9. MGSV
  10. Uncharted 4

1: Persona 5
2: Uncharted 4
3: Batman Arkham Knight
4: Halo 5
5: The Division
6: Mario Maker
7: Zelda Wii U
8: Rise of the Tomb Raider
9: Bloodborne
10: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Honorable mentions: No Man's Sky, Witcher 3, Star Wars Battlefront

jacobeid

Banned
1. Batman: Arkham Knight : Arkham Asylum is actually one of the games that got me back into the hobby during college. As a lover of Super Metroid, I enjoyed the influenced design and the way that Rocksteady succeeded in making you feel, for the first time, like you were playing AS Batman. After several years of development, I can’t wait to jump into the final chapter in their trilogy and get my hands on more.

2. Bloodborne : Having played no more than an hour of Dark Souls on PC, I’m extremely excited to dig deep into Bloodborne. The game added just the amount of swiftness that I needed to get into a concept I’ll be spending dozens upon dozens of hours with. The setting looks amazing, co-op looks interesting, and as my first Miyazaki game I clearly have a lot to be excited about.

3. The Order: 1886 : I’ll admit, this game has been a rollercoaster for me. The game’s introduction at Playstation’s February reveal event left me very hyped, but months and months of silence and the janky builds left me a bit skeptical like the rest. However, after viewing the 15-minute b-roll footage a few weeks ago, my interest level is back up. Honestly, I am going into the game with no expectation in terms of quality, but I do really want to experience the world that RAD is creating.

4. Axiom Verge : As I mentioned, Super Metroid is one of my favorite games and the series has been notably absent on Nintendo consoles as of late. Axiom Verge looks to scratch that itch and previews have been positive as well. Whereas Shovel Knight took the approach of working within the constraints of the technology they were emulating, Axiom Verge doesn’t shy away from the fact that it’s running on some powerful hardware (remember all the voxels on screen when a boss enemy was defeated in the launch trailer?). To be honest, I don’t think that I’m a fan of that but still am looking forward to getting my hands on the game soon.

5. Uncharted 4 : I’m not the biggest Uncharted fan, but Uncharted 4 looks like it might alleviate some of the complaints I have with previous games, with gameplay in particular. The PSX demo highlighted some concepts they adapted from The Last of Us that seemed to work very well and will hopefully provide a better experience than random trigger points where waves of bullet sponge enemies run at you.

6. Grim Fandango: Remastered : I've never played this classic, and with it coming to Vita it seems like a no brainer for me to pick it up and check it out. Definitely a surprise announcement and I'm happy it's coming out when it is.

7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Confession time. Ground Zeroes was my first Metal Gear game. I really enjoyed what I played and figure that I can catch up on the story of MGS 3 and Peace Walker before jumping into The Phantom Pain.

8. No Man’s Sky : I’m intrigued. I’m really intrigued. I hope I get lost in this game.

9. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition : This game came out at a point in my life where I wasn’t playing any video games, and to be honest before I played Bayonetta in 2010 I hadn’t played a game like DMC. This game will hopefully scratch that itch next year once I’m done with all of my Bayonetta 2 playthroughs, though I wish it were 3 since I’ve never played that either.

10. Legend of Zelda Wii U : It’z Zelda. On Wii U. I want it.

Honorable Mentions (are these allowed?) to Hyper Light Drifter, Persona 5, and Scalebound if that drops in 2015.

1. Bloodborne

They say that one picture equals 1000 words,but what about a GIF?

Bloodborne-18-09-14-003.gif

So glad i bought a PS4 (before it was even announced!),'cause i knew that a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls would eventually come and here it is! Glorious next-gen graphics wrapped under incredible gameplay that only From Software knows how to deliver!

2. Batman: Arkham Knight

Having said the above comment about From, i won't deny that the E3 footage literally made me drop my jaw (only to learn later that it was PC footage).Still i hope that Rocksteady might actually hit the target render for next gen consoles.Between the addition of Batmobile (horizontal gameplay) and just gliding over the city (vertical gameplay) combined with the fact that it looks the most impressive next-gen multiplatform (fingers crossed),it's easily one of my most anticipated games next year...

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

First AAA next-gen WRPG and what a team that is from behind...I'm still cautious about the quest system (hope it doesn't get repetitive),but regardless i still believe this will be the greatest way to close the Geralt Saga...

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Hideo Kojima. 'nuff said. Gameplay-wise looks fantastic with lots of additions and the plot seems interesting. Not sure if it will surpass MGS 1,2 or 3 but it seems that it will be better than 4...The only downside is that it's still cross-gen and thus held by the weak hardware of Xbox 360 and PS3...

5. Xenoblade Chronicles X

The DoF (Just like Xenoblade) and overall the graphics in this game look fantastic and it really is going to showcase the power of the Wii U. Xenoblade was one of the most surprising JRPGs of last gen and this one is going to continue the tradition too.

6. Zelda (for Wii U)

It's not being made by Miyamoto,but who cares...visually it looks very ballanced (not entirely cartoony and not exactly realistic) and it seems they went the Skyrim route in terms of world size.Curious as to how this will turn out.

7. Bravely Second

Spiritual successor to the old-school Final Fantasy games and one of the most anticipated 3DS games next year

8. Just Cause 3

I would have put FF XV here,but since there's no 2015 release confirmation, i'll put another Square Enix game. I expect to be stunt graphics-wise and most importantlly i expect to spent hours and hours of having fun...

9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Haven't played the original game, so i'm looking forward to it...

10. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

I saw the gameplay footage and i really got interested in it. I'm optimistic it will be a surprise hit of '15...

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : I've expressed a little concern about this game, but it is still my most anticipated one by a pretty good margin.
2. Dreamfall Chapters : (Books 2 thru 5)
3. Bloodborne
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Routine : Lunar Software has kept quiet lately on this game...hopefully we'll get new news soon.
6. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
7. Persona 5
8. La-Mulana 2 : I pledged to the Kickstarter. While I felt the first game was a little too obtuse later on, this series has a lot of potential.
9. Grand Theft Auto V : PC version...hopefully it's a good port.
10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Second Chapter)

Honorable mentions:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda Wii U
Until Dawn
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (mainly for the FFXV demo)
Pillars of Eternity

A few other games such as Uncharted 4 are on my radar but I'm not yet sold on them.

Turkoop

Banned
The-Witcher-3-1-600x200.png

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : YES, THIS is the Game that my body wants, i saw a presentation at Gamescom, well, they kicked the sh*t out of me, never but really never saw such amazing visuals, I'm expecting the best RPG that ever been created, no matter Gameplay, Visuals or Storytelling.

25063-uncharted.jpg

2. Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End : One last time.
I liked UC1, UC2 and UC3 - But after they revealed their Gameplay at PSX - well, I'd say Body is ready.

19982-division.jpg

3. The Division : I know guys, there are many people who think this game will be Watch Dogs 2.0, but I am still believin into Ubisoft after the bad games WD & AC:U, I am still believin that the Game will look exactly like E3 2013 Gameplay.

24272-the-order.jpg

4. The Order 1886 :I played the Demo at Gamescom, Gun handling was very slightly and comfortable, i like the setting and looks for me very mysterious, I guess there will be some big surpise-Motherfucker-moments.

2566973-nomanssky.png

5. No Man's Sky : Space? Check.
unique Style/Graphics? Check.
Sympathetic devs ? Check.
Infinity world's ? Check.
Yep, gonna buy this Day 1

18860-rime.jpg

6. RIME : I like the art of their graphics of this game, it looks like a old comic, but still modern, seems to be very strange but in a good way, can't wait to play this hopefully great adventure, the whole worlds seems to be very well designed.

EihovdB.jpg

7. WILD :I like the concept of this game, you can be any animal or person in this game, the world seems to be very big and there are craftings, huntings and more, this game has my curiosity.

24559-dying-light.jpg

8. Dying Light : I like Gore, i love Zombies, sadly never played Dead Island games, but this game combines a lot of cool features, parcour running, gameplay changes by night and day and of course you're killing zombies.

23288-dead-island-2.jpg

9. Dead Island 2 : Had an Interview with the devs at Gamescom, played the GC Demo several times, it's the oppsition of Dying light but thats not negative, i'm sure it will make a lot of fun with friends to play the story, florida seems to be the best location for this game, cant wait for the Beta !

24590-24201-22628-rainbow-six.jpg

10. Rainbow Six: Siege : Alright, the E3 Demo was very impressive, they announced 60 FPS on consoles and there is a full destruction system, both features are always in almost every shooter on my wishlist, i love Destruction. I hope this game will not dissapoint us/me.

vids

Unconfirmed Member
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X : The reason I bought a Wii U at launch and knew "X" was in the making by Monolith

2. Zelda Wii U : Off the heels of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds I can't wait to see a true open world Zelda.

3. Star Fox Wii U : With Star Wars Ep 7 being released in 2015 I will be super hyped to return to a new iteration in the Star Fox universe as well.

4. Yoshi's Wooly World : After playing co-op in Kirby's Epic Yarn and loving it I'm very excited to experience this game. it looks like Yoshi's Wooly World is realizing the tactile craft world and taking it to new places.

5. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse : I loved Kirby's Canvas Curse on the DS. I'm looking forward to return to this play style with the wonderful new aesthetic and co-op.

6. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker : Played the first one. Loved it. Can't wait to play this one.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D : The remake we've been waiting for since Ocarina of Time 3D.

8. Mario Maker : This game is really coming along. The more I see it the more I want to buil... er, play levels others build.

9. Splatoon: Waiting to see what local co-op and single player look like but this is one not to be missed.

10. Etrian Mystery Dungeon : A welcome surprise. I love EO games and never played mainline Persona so skipped out on Q. Mystery Dungeon looks like a great fit for the series.

honorable mention: Codename S.T.E.A.M. : I love turnbased and Intelligent Systems but am still on the fence on it. I am considering picking this up just need more gameplay, a demo or a few reviews to sway me.

Flappy

Banned
1. Zelda Wii-U
2. MGS V: The Phantom Pain
3. Star Fox
4. Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D
5. Project Cars
7. No Man's Sky

Oneself

1. Uncharted 4 : Good old Uncharted gameplay refined, retuned and led by the people behind TLOU... Easily my most anticipated game of 2015, it will also probably be the most visually impressive title of the year.

2. Rime : a consolation prize for every team Ico fan?

3. The Order 1886 : I'm a sucker for story-driven, linear single player games. It also looks absolutely stunning.

4. Tearaway Unfolded : there will never be enough platformers. There will also never be enough games running at 60fps @1080p. This one is truly unique and original as well.

5. Hyper Light Drifter

6. No Man's Sky

7. Bloodborne

8. Ratchet & Clank Redux

9. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

10. King's Quest

Honorable mentions: The Witcher 3, The Division, Mighty No.9, Dying Light and a shitload of indies.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:

I've spent >= 50 hours on GZ and really...really enjoying it. Combined with silly yet amazing mechanics that doesn't present on GZ. TPP will be glorious.

2. Persona 5:

I'm new to persona and only play P4 thus far, and I already fell in love with the series. The fact that Atlus has shown little information about the game make me even more pumped.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X:

Mechas fighting against giant monsters... Nuff said :p

4. Dai Gyakuten Saiban:

Ace Attorney taking place at 19th century. Count me in!

5. Devil May Cry 4: SE:

A remastered of one of the best hack and slash games IMO.

6. Splatoon:

New nintendo IPs are always welcomed and what I really like about the game: it's not about K/D and I already tired with that with shooter games.

7. Project CARS:

I like sim driving games and I believe Project Cars will deliver.

8. Zelda U:

Only played handheld version of Zelda. That fact will about to change next year.

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U): Just goes without saying for me, really. I mean, it's a new Zelda and it has a near-flawless track record to me. No other game next year even comes close.

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3. Star Fox (Wii U)
4. Bloodborne
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Top Bottom