• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

RMI

Banned
great list, too bad Splatoon didn't make it into the top10. 2015 looks like it's going to be alright.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

bish-checked-70x13z5uvx.png

lmao that tag is great

Squall516

Nice job! Im really super excited for that top 5 too. But honestly im very very suprised Rime and Halo 5 is even in the rankings at all, and even more surprised that FF15 isnt on it at all either, thats probably like in my top 4. But ya all of those games looks awesome and i cant wait :)

MavFan619

Banned
Yeah, it's imitating Souls and if the base concepts it imitates are something I'd find horible in Zelda, nomatter how well executed, do I then need to play Dark Souls before expressing this? I'm not saying Souls is a bad game-series, just that I don't like the direction and don't want its gameplay systems in one of my favourite series...

Better than the best Zelda game? Now you have me interested.
Could be worse, could have to fly a bird with motion controls.

Amir0x

Banned
Fun facts.

The Order 1886 has almost 100k more preorders than Bloodborne in the US. It also had more preorders when Bloodborne was scheduled to release before it.

Premium editions are pretty much all accounted for as we are not allowed to take any more preorders for it at most gamestops.

It is just under 200k preorders in the US alone so thinking it will only get 250k sales is pretty silly.

Yeah I'll have to adjust my predictions after this. 500k sales top end then for first month?

Bloodborne seems total bomba, but I expected that. It's going to top 300k at best first month?

Yeah I'll have to adjust my predictions after this. 500k sales top end then for first month?

Bloodborne seems total bomba, but I expected that. It's going to top 300k at best first month?

Really?

As per always the closer titles get to release the higher the preorders, regardless of The Order being higher before the delay. It's also been marketed for an entire year longer.

Bloodborne will be absolutely fine.

Yeah theres no chance with the hype surrounding Bloodborne it doesn't sell well. Especially as we get closer to release and the full marketing for the product hits. People at work here I never thought would care about a Souls type game are even talking about it.

With the right marketing push and social campaign along with word of mouth and high review scores Bloodborne could be quite huge.

I don't understand these whiny posts. What is wrong with people voting for Uncharted or The Order?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with people voting for anything. I'm disappointed with the way the list is ordered, and I don't think The Order should be on the list at all, but opinions are opinions.

Really?

As per always the closer titles get to release the higher the preorders, regardless of The Order being higher before the delay. It's also been marketed for an entire year longer.

Bloodborne will be absolutely fine.

Yeah, I'm as surprised by this CHECKED data as anyone, but unless BB ends up Lords of the Fallen rough, I highly doubt it won't have word of mouth and legs.

TomShoe

Banned

Naw, The Order is nearly a full month ahead of Bloodborne, it's expected that it has more preorders.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Context please? :)
Amir0x lives in a fantasy land where nobody cares about The Order and was corrected by someone with access to a retailer's pre-order numbers.

Everyone that can demonstrate to bish that they have access to such information gets this tag so they are not constantly questioned when they give out information of such nature.

bombshell

US only? Maybe not.

Worldwide? Not a chance Bloodborne is that low.

Uncharted over MGS...

You guys do realize that Big Boss would absolutely wreck Drake in a fight, right?
Not in a battle of wits!

I love the comments on Uncharted 4 being number 1. Naughty Dog is making crucial changes to Uncharted which will make it much better. However, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Overall a very good list. I'd switch some stuff around but it's fine.

Endo Punk

The Order has wider appeal being that its a cinematic TPS and unless the reviews are really bad it should do well, with no online systems at play it will be a forgotten game months down the line. Bloodborne my not sell as good out of the gate but I am almost certain it will have longers legs and will be selling long into the holiday season with great word of mouth.

Why are people so mad at a NeoGAF top 10? Honestly almost all of the games listed makes me excited. 2015 is going to be an awesome year. It's funny to know that my top 2 games have a main character riding a horse with a ponytail in an open world, with both of these franchises being released on 1987. Maybe that's the formula for success.

Are Ami's predictions worldwide or US only?

If US only then those numbers are very optimistic. If worldwide, then those numbers are definitely low.

The Last of Us Remastered sold ~272k first month NPD. I doubt Bloodborne is going to sell more than it in the US.

Gurish

Amir0x lives in a fantasy land where nobody cares about The Order and was corrected by someone with access to a retailer's pre-order numbers.

Everyone that can demonstrate to bish that they have access to such information gets this tag so they are not constantly questioned when they give out information of such nature.
Thanks, good to know.

NEO0MJ

Surprised The Order is among the top 10. Not too surprised that Xenoblade is in the top 10, though its high rank is.

6 of the top 10 are in my list.

impact

Banned
Xbone and PC annihilated. PS4 and Wii U stand ahead as the winners of 2015. Halo 5 guy and the floor you walk on from Dear Ether sit in the corner crying together, wishing they were wanted.

Nah but seriously I dunno how there's three more anticipated games than BB. Bloodborne > Star Fox > Zelda for me (NO STAR FOX YOU SUCK GAF)

Such a good list until the order, seriously what?!

Anyway Zelda and MGS in the same year is insane. The two greatest game franchises of all time. Last time this happened it was 98, greatest year ever.

Damn...

In ever MK thread alot of people said MKX is one of theur most hype game, wasnt execting high up top 10 but not even Honourable mentions?

Xbone and PC annihilated. PS4 and Wii U stand ahead as the winners of 2015. Halo 5 guy and the floor you walk on from Dear Ether sit in the corner crying together, wishing they were wanted.

Nah but seriously I dunno how there's three more anticipated games than BB. Bloodborne > Star Fox > Zelda for me (NO STAR FOX YOU SUCK GAF)

PC is all about buying shit with little thought, warning, or build-up during sales. :p

Ayumi

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but this thread made it to online Japanese news! I read gaming news in Japanese every day and it's the first time seeing NeoGAF. Quite a surprise!

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8012473.html

海外の巨大フォーラム・NeoGAFユーザーが選んだ「2015年に期待するゲーム」 日本タイトルが多数ランクイン!

Users on the extremely popular overseas forum NeoGAF have voted on most anticipated game of 2015. Many of the titles are from Japan!

・WEB上で最も有名なゲームフォーラムの一つ、NeoGAFで2015年に期待するゲームについて投票が行われた

1000人以上の投票者による結果はこちら。

NeoGAF, one of the most famous gaming forums on the web, had more than 1000 people voting for the expected games of 2015.

Like in English, a lot of these gaming news websites copy articles from each other, so the article can be found on various websites.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but this thread made it to online Japanese news! I read gaming news in Japanese every day and it's the first time seeing NeoGAF. Quite a surprise!

Like in English, a lot of these gaming news websites copy articles from each other, so the article can be found on various websites.

Thats awesome. I wonder what all those Japanese readers think when they scroll down to the 19th spot and see Yakuza 5 though. Probably laugh their asses off while thinking "But we got that two years ago!" Or not. Might elicit a smirk or a scoff though I'd imagine.

enjoy Yakuza Zero in two months time you lucky bastards

Ayumi

Thats awesome. I wonder what all those Japanese readers think when they scroll down to the 19th spot and see Yakuza 5 though. Probably laugh their asses off while thinking "But we got that two years ago!" Or not. Might elicit a smirk or a scoff though I'd imagine.

enjoy Yakuza Zero in two months time you lucky bastards

Definitely not! Japan is very positive about sharing the culture and doesn't have any competitive feeling towards game release dates like the west does.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
the top 10 looks good, so weird seeing halo not even break the top 10. When the new zelda game comes out this year i will buy a wii u

Eolz

Lol, could be thread worthy. They seem surprised about Splatoon and Xenoblade being that high, and are laughing at Yakuza (obviously) being in the top 20, and FF XV not being in. Some seem to be surprised about the Division not being in too. They seem to find it a good list otherwise.

DieH@rd

Banned
That was a really close battle between #1 and #2.

I cant' wait to play all games from top10, except WiiU games and P5.

sdornan

Surprised to not see Tomb Raider even in the runners up list.

Is Final Fantasy XV not on the list because no one thinks it will come out in 2015?

Top Bottom