• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

AniHawk

So what are we looking at right now?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (delayed 'til 2016)
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (September 1st) {voted 10th most anticipated of 2014}
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
3. Bloodborne (in 13 days)
4. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (May 19th) {voted most anticipated of 2014}
5. Persona 5 (2015) {voted 8th most anticipated of 2014}
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X (April 29th - in Japan) {voted 6th most anticipated of 2014}
7. No Man's Sky (2015)
8. Batman: Arkham Knight (June 2nd)
9. The Order: 1886 (Metacritic = 65) {voted 7th most anticipated of 2014}
10. Splatoon (May 2015)

persona 5 isn't coming out this year for most people on this site. i find it highly unlikely a us/european version makes it out in 2016. not to say it doesn't belong here, but the people who voted for it are probably going to not play it as a 2015 game.

So GAF's most anticipated list is once again a joke.

At least MGSV is in its rightful place.

You mean 2nd

Wow, Uncharted gets way too much love here on GAF...

Is it strange that I pretty much have little to no interest in all of the top 10?

Its a fantastic series.

persona 5 isn't coming out this year for most people on this site. i find it highly unlikely a us/european version makes it out in 2016. not to say it doesn't belong here, but the people who voted for it are probably going to not play it as a 2015 game.

Wanna bet?

NEO0MJ

So Splatoon is now among the top 10, good. I wonder if any feel silly for being hyped for The order 1881.

I will never understand why uncharted games are as beloved as they are. (I enjoy them a lot but have never thought they were super special or anything.)

Play'ed 2 ut didn't care much for it. Still, I have interest in 44 because TLOU really impressed me and I hope they apply some of what they learned there for it.

Kurtofan

Can we retroactively put Splattoon in the top ten.

Also

I feel with all the negative reception the game is getting a group of white knights on gaf have come together to show us the light. They are going to get us hyped for the game whether we like or not. The harder the objective criticism hits the harder the blind love will push back.

random25

Looking at last year's list, 4 of the top 10 didn't make it to 2014 (Persona 5, Xenoblade X, The Witcher 3, The Order: 1886). This year, we now have 1 game guaranteed to not make it this year (Uncharted 4) and we have 3 more games with no firm release dates (Zelda Wii U, Persona 5 again lol, No Man's Sky). So we still have the potential to repeat last year's list lol.

I mean I like the Uncharted games but they just feel like im playing Indiana Jones movies in video game form and gameplay wise the games dont excite me that much, I just enjoy the crazy scenarios. I just find it strange alot people take this as their favorite game series when its one of those games that is less video gamey and more movieish.
Why is it strange? I'll never understand the confusion...people like some things more than other people.

FluxWaveZ

is p5 some sort of june or july release and i haven't been paying attention? p3, p4, and pq have all had a six month turnaround time.

Persona 3 had around 1 year of turnaround time and Persona 4 had around 5 months, not 6. But then there are games like SMTIV, P4A, and P4AU which all had turnaround times ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months.

Here, I'm basing it less off of precedence, and more on the fact that they have been reiterating several times that Persona 5 is a 2015 release in NA. The PR manager for Atlus USA repeated this even last month. The localization could be delayed, just like anything else, but the game was already delayed once in Japan, and there's nothing that indicates a potential delay for the localization, as of yet.

AniHawk

Persona 3 had around 1 year of turnaround time and Persona 4 had around 5 months, not 6. But then there are games like SMTIV, P4A, and P4AU which all had turnaround times ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months.

Here, I'm basing it less off of precedence, and more on the fact that they have been reiterating several times that Persona 5 is a 2015 release in NA. The PR manager for Atlus USA repeated this even last month. The localization could be delayed, just like anything else, but the game was already delayed once in Japan, and there's nothing that indicates a potential delay for the localization, as of yet.

pretty sure fighting games have far less text than rpgs. i would assume that p5 has way way more text than smt iv for that matter.

FluxWaveZ

pretty sure fighting games have far less text than rpgs. i would assume that p5 has way way more text than smt iv for that matter.

When the localization process for P4A was underway, they stated that it was their biggest localization project yet. You're probably not too familiar with P4A's story mode, because that thing has a ton of text and voice acting. Less so for P4AU, but still a good amount for the sequel as well.

P5 probably has way more text and VA than SMTIV, but direct comparisons are meaningless because each project has different circumstances. I brought it up to show that they still had a quick localization turnaround on an RPG, and that not everything takes 6 months. Persona 5's circumstances aren't the same as P3's, aren't the same as P4's, aren't the same as Persona Q's.

MagnesD3

Why is it strange? I'll never understand the confusion...people like some things more than other people.

Idk I just have reasons why I like things, I enjoy breaking down the process as to why people like various things that way there is logic involved. I hate it when people say I like X and you ask them why and they say IDK.

Idk I just have reasons why I like things, I enjoy breaking down the process as to why people like various things that way there is logic involved. I hate it when people say I like X and you ask them why and they say IDK.
I'm sure most here would be able to explain why they like the series. Most do actually.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well at least now Splatoon's in the Top 10. If even just by default.

I'd probably switch my own list around and swap Uncharted for either Splatoon or Persona 5.

EDIT: Oops, Splatoon was already on my list. So I'd remove Uncharted, move everything up one spot and put Persona 5 at #10.

By default it's now 1st thanks the Uncharted 4 delay.

Technicality for the win.

it doesn't work like that.

Neogaf was polled in 2014 (in a certain time frame) on their most anticipated 2015 titles. These are the results. Game getting delayed does not suddenly invalidate the interest shown in said time frame which is what the poll is about.

UberTag

Looking at last year's list, 4 of the top 10 didn't make it to 2014 (Persona 5, Xenoblade X, The Witcher 3, The Order: 1886). This year, we now have 1 game guaranteed to not make it this year (Uncharted 4) and we have 3 more games with no firm release dates (Zelda Wii U, Persona 5 again lol, No Man's Sky). So we still have the potential to repeat last year's list lol.
It's going to be fun watching The Order: 1886 climb up the list from what is now 9th place as further games get delayed. Perhaps it could crack the Top 5 before the year is out.

The only title above it that is conclusively making the cut for this year is Bloodborne.

Persona 4 Arena had a lot of text. It was pretty much a visual novel with some fights thrown in every 30 minutes or so. And SMT IV was an absolutely massive game.

Persona 5 will probably have more story dialogue than SMT IV (and thus more voice acting), but the NPC dialogue will likely be similar, and unless Persona 5 has a negotiation system that they're hiding from us, that will mark a significant drop in text in at least one department.

It will probably have a little more text to translate than SMT IV, but I don't think the difference will be that great. If they could get that released in two months, than a similar turnaround for Persona 5 is definitely within reason. Atlus is much faster with their translation work these days.

It's going to be fun watching The Order: 1886 climb up the list from what is now 9th place as further games get delayed. Perhaps it could crack the Top 5 before the year is out.

The only title above it that is conclusively making the cut for this year is Bloodborne.

Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out next month.

Eolz

It's practically a lock, unless some gigantic announcement comes out of nowhere, & even with that, I don't think that gigantic announcement can top UC4.

You're saying that games that Nintendo (Metroid, old IP revival, etc)/Sony (TLG, Horizon, etc)/MS (Rare IP, Xbox revival, etc)/Bethesda (Fallout, Doom, etc)/any publisher may announce at E3 for year 3 of PS4/X1 won't be able to surpass UC4 in terms of hype, especially after being delayed?
lol

FluxWaveZ

It's practically a lock, unless some gigantic announcement comes out of nowhere, & even with that, I don't think that gigantic announcement can top UC4.

I really don't think it's a lock. I believe these delays can impact the hype when it comes time to voting again, and there's so much that can be announced between now and the end of this year that will have a stronger "hype momentum" going into 2016.

NIGHT-

After uc3 being a huge letdown, I don't think its a practical lock. We'll just have to see what else is announced

You're saying that games that Nintendo (Metroid, old IP revival, etc)/Sony (TLG, Horizon, etc)/MS (Rare IP, Xbox revival, etc)/Bethesda (Fallout, Doom, etc)/any publisher may announce at E3 for year 3 of PS4/X1 won't be able to surpass UC4 in terms of hype, especially after being delayed?
lol
Honestly...I agree with him. Uncharted likely has a greater following than any of those titles you have mentioned (except probably Fallout).

I really don't think it's a lock. I believe these delays can impact the hype when it comes time to voting again, and there's so much that can be announced between now and the end of this year that will have a stronger "hype momentum" going into 2016.

Not to mention already announced games like Final Fantasy XV and (please?) Kingdom Hearts III which weren't eligible this year.

Maggots

Banned
Wow, Uncharted gets way too much love here on GAF...

Is it strange that I pretty much have little to no interest in all of the top 10?

yeah i mean that's cool and all ... but most anticipated? ... For sure xenoblade should be higher

Alo0oy

Banned
lol

FFXV.

U4 anticipation will only get higher after the E3 demo though.

After uc3 being a huge letdown, I don't think its a practical lock. We'll just have to see what else is announced

It just won in a year that had a new Zelda, From Software game, Persona, & Metal Gear, those franchises + Uncharted are GAF's favorites, there's nothing else that even comes close to those franchises on GAF, next year it won't have to compete with any of those, it will likely compete with Mass Effect, God of War, Gears of War, FFXV & maybe Fallout (I think FO4 will release this year though), & those franchises don't have anywhere near as many fans as the ones mentioned earlier on GAF with the exception of FFXV, so really, FFXV is the only real competition it has next year. & it will likely win that too because it will very likely have less competition next year.

yeah i mean that's cool and all ... but most anticipated? ... For sure xenoblade should be higher

NEqyWj0clSKUur_1_4.jpg

Xenoblade is small potatoes next to Uncharted, regardless of your feelings for either series.

I guess it's because almost nothing has been shown of it, but the new Star Wars: Battlefront will easily be the top selling game of the year. As long as it's a competent game it's going to be absolutely huge. The marketing might of a revived possibly bad ass Star Wars>>>>>>anything any game could possibly hope to achieve. It wasn't on gaf's radar when everyone was voting but it's the biggest game of the year period.

Kindekuma

Banned
So now that Uncharted is confirmed 2016, does that mean MGSV is #1?

Edit: Answered my own question, must've not have noticed an earlier post.
But still, incredibly hyped.

Top Bottom